Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 226820 times)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #4155 on: June 10, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »
THAT RIGHT!!! +1 Ossy!
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #4156 on: June 11, 2012, 08:58:21 PM »
Stay on target, kiddos. :P

Luke, I'm sorry, I'm sure I'm the one who forgot about the Dracon/Shredder situation for Serid. It's what happens when I disappear for months. Thanks for playing along.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4157 on: June 11, 2012, 09:47:33 PM »
My point is it would seem a tad self-destructive (and lord knows I'm enough of that already), to leave one of the very few states that offers me access to the same civil rights as everyone else for a right-wing breadbasket full of gun-toting nutjobs.

Then what the hell am I, a bi, flaming liberal hippie, doing moving to Texas?! Oh. Yeah. Moving there to be with my fiance and my partner in the city with one of the biggest gay pride parades in the country, and a thriving gay district of town. Yes, even in Texas! (I know, right?)

Believe me, I hear you. Yes there is some painfully severe ignorance. And ****ty drivers. And extreme Republicans. But eh, I guess that could be anywhere, in lots of states. It could be far, far worse, and I like new places. There are plenty of smart, open, kind people here, too. It's worth it--to me :) Better to be with good friends and family, as much as I like Colorado. Now I just need to get my parents and sister to move down...!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:57:02 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4158 on: June 11, 2012, 09:53:32 PM »
Well that's the wonderful thing about state's rights. You don't like the laws of one? You have 49 more to choose from.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4159 on: June 12, 2012, 03:52:22 PM »
My point is it would seem a tad self-destructive (and lord knows I'm enough of that already), to leave one of the very few states that offers me access to the same civil rights as everyone else for a right-wing breadbasket full of gun-toting nutjobs.

Then what the hell am I, a bi, flaming liberal hippie, doing moving to Texas?! Oh. Yeah. Moving there to be with my fiance and my partner in the city with one of the biggest gay pride parades in the country, and a thriving gay district of town. Yes, even in Texas! (I know, right?)

Believe me, I hear you. Yes there is some painfully severe ignorance. And ****ty drivers. And extreme Republicans. But eh, I guess that could be anywhere, in lots of states. It could be far, far worse, and I like new places. There are plenty of smart, open, kind people here, too. It's worth it--to me :) Better to be with good friends and family, as much as I like Colorado. Now I just need to get my parents and sister to move down...!

Actually, she's got a point. Houston, though not exactly progressive, is far from stereotypical Texas. City's like a big melting pot. People down here tend to be far more accepting than I was expecting. While it's still technically a red city, it's not "a right-wing breadbasket full of gun-toting nutjobs."

Heeeyyyy, I know, Luke. You might have to visit at some point and check it out :D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:06:22 PM by Lumy the Kit »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4160 on: June 12, 2012, 08:42:36 PM »
Like I said, I meant no offense to anyone.  The fact is, even if I WAS allowed to marry a lover in TX, I would not want to move there due to climate.  I enjoy temperate climates, and if I moved away from temperate climates, it would be to somewhere colder, not hotter.  Back when I still had my own place, I kept it around 65 degrees year round and that was PERFECT for me.  I run cooler than other people, or perhaps hotter and that's why I like a cooler environment...my point is, I'm uncomfortable at 74 degrees.  Plus I really need to stay closer to my mother for both our sakes.  And as boring as IA sounds, and as boring as it might be to someone used to a city, I like it here.  Nice and calm and quiet.  Not much crime, fresh air (as long as you're not too close to a hog confinement)...etc.  I dislike cities as a rule.  I visited NYC once and hated it.  It stank and it was dangerous and everyone was pissy and no one gave anyone any courtesy.  Just not my bag.

And np Marie, I thought we'd outfitted Serid but I couldn't really remember.  :)
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4161 on: June 12, 2012, 09:04:01 PM »
Yeah, Luke, the humidity is a little evil. And duh, no offense taken! *hugs* I will miss the cold and the dry, but not the driving in snow and ice. Yuck.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4162 on: June 12, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »
Like I said, I meant no offense to anyone.  The fact is, even if I WAS allowed to marry a lover in TX, I would not want to move there due to climate.  I enjoy temperate climates, and if I moved away from temperate climates, it would be to somewhere colder, not hotter.  Back when I still had my own place, I kept it around 65 degrees year round and that was PERFECT for me.  I run cooler than other people, or perhaps hotter and that's why I like a cooler environment...my point is, I'm uncomfortable at 74 degrees.  Plus I really need to stay closer to my mother for both our sakes.  And as boring as IA sounds, and as boring as it might be to someone used to a city, I like it here.  Nice and calm and quiet.  Not much crime, fresh air (as long as you're not too close to a hog confinement)...etc.  I dislike cities as a rule.  I visited NYC once and hated it.  It stank and it was dangerous and everyone was pissy and no one gave anyone any courtesy.  Just not my bag.

And np Marie, I thought we'd outfitted Serid but I couldn't really remember.  :)

This. All of this. See? This is why I keep saying we need to just pick up RAFian central and move it somewhere nicer. The added allure of a potential Luke in the vicinity only aids my argument :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:16:53 PM by Lumy the Kit »

Salem's Story

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4163 on: June 19, 2012, 04:12:34 PM »
Where did Chad go?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4164 on: June 19, 2012, 04:23:56 PM »
I' around, but I don't think anyone responded to me and haven't been watching the thread very closely.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4165 on: June 19, 2012, 04:35:09 PM »
Then you missed Parker talking to Zoshonel. http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=7954.msg726233#msg726233

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4166 on: June 19, 2012, 04:38:40 PM »
Not watching as closely as I should have, I guess.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #4167 on: June 19, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »
Hey, Al and Zosh haven't met, right? I'm don't think they have, but if I'm wrong, I can tweak my post.

Salem's Story

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4168 on: June 20, 2012, 05:24:44 AM »
Parker, I made a big addition to Raile's post in modification...didn't realize you were already responding, it might affect your post, idk.  Just take a look at it if u would pls...Raile's definitely starting down the path of a bit of bromance.   :P
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 05:29:19 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4169 on: June 20, 2012, 05:50:32 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I picked up on that. :)

EDIT:

There's soooo much more I wanted to post; but I have to go to work.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:17:54 PM by Darth Revan »