Author Topic: Sentences you'll never forget  (Read 30445 times)

Offline tobiasthehawk

• Bleh
Re: Sentences you'll never forget
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2010, 07:27:26 PM »
"This is so Magic School Bus. Rachel, have I ever told you that you could definitely be my Ms. Frizzle?"

Marco when the other Animorphs decide to go up his nose to battle the Helmacrons.

Book 42
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."-Stephen Hawking

"I'm sorry, I lost my boots and the legs of my pants in a deadly fight with a giant seaslug, which I won in the nick of time with my clever thinking and my, uh... cleverness."
-- Roger, while procuring pants at the Galleria

[img]http://dragcave.net/image/WL2N.gi

Offline Semeir-Cooraf-Armaheen

• <No fear.>
« Reply #196 on: November 23, 2010, 05:29:29 PM »
Ax at the end of book 38, The Arrival:

Cassie held my hand, and in the darkness where no one could see, I cried.

He's just a kid, and he just saw the twisted, ugly shade of gray side of his own people. It's just a sentence, but it resonates.

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2010, 07:27:49 PM »
Clothing is pliable fabric designed to cover the human body. Sometimes as protection against the cold. But mostly, as I understand it, because humans believe much of their body to be unacceptable. They are right, of course, but they cover all the wrong parts: There is nothing uglier than a human nose. - Book 18

Made me lol.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »
LOL oh how i loved ax :P
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2010, 10:19:50 PM »
     "Ram the Blade Ship!"

Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

NateSean

« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2010, 12:48:52 PM »
I can't remember the name of the Andalite who lost his tail in battle. But he's in the greenhouse at the end of the book and Marco visits him. After Marco gives his speech (Which in and of itself gave me loads more respect for Marco than I all ready had) The andalite responds, <Thank you, Aristh Marco.>

It's the fact that he referred to Marco as an Aristh. Like at least one Andalite other than Ax had learned to respect the fact that the Animorphs were soldiers in the war.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2010, 02:57:45 PM »
     Do you know where I could find the quote? I actually wouldn't mind seeing that.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

NateSean

« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2010, 03:03:42 PM »
I can't remember the title or the book number at the moment. It was a Marco book and he morphs into a bee on the cover. The quote is the very last line.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2010, 03:05:05 PM »
It's #40.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »
That's the exact end of #40, you're right. Here the quote with Marco's speech:

<Well, I don't know about that,> I said. <But, look. I just want you to know — I mean, we just want you to know that if. . . uh, when Gafinilan, you know, dies. That you should look us up. And, well, maybe I can check in on you, too. Play some video games, whatever. Being alone, man, it's not good and . . . well, we could use all the allies we can get.>
Nothing. I shifted on my perch in the big old oak tree where Tobias had sat during our first visit to the house.
Noted a honeybee winging its way toward the greenhouse.
Waited.
Maybe I'd offended the guy somehow. I hadn't meant to but sometimes my mouth gets in the way of sentiment.
The silence was awful.
And then, suddenly, his voice came booming out at me. Strong and energetic and quivering with something that sounded a lot like pride.
<Thank you, Aristh Marco. Perhaps I will do so.>
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2010, 06:40:31 PM »
     Sounds touching, considering it's Marco.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2010, 07:15:33 PM »
I'm not sure where exactly this is or why I've remembered it when I've forgotten so many other things about the books, but (I think it's at the beginning of one of the books) there's this one scene where Marco and Jake are arguing over whether or not a food can taste like a color.  Or maybe it just talks about that argument.  It's so awesome because, on the one hand, it's completely ridiculous, but if you start thinking about too much you start wonder if you're doing things like changing your sense of taste because of expectation from visual stimuli.

Of course there are some reasons things do taste like colors.  We have pretty generic pairings of artificial flavor and color.  Also, if you're in need of a particular amino acid, foods of the appropriate color with all sound very appealing to you, even if their taste is pretty dissimilar (i.e. tomatoes and strawberries).

But mostly that argument is awesome!

me and my friend always have totally random argumets,once we argued over a pencil,about if harry potter is better or animorphs(she is totally against animorphs)
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2010, 07:29:42 PM »
I'm not sure where exactly this is or why I've remembered it when I've forgotten so many other things about the books, but (I think it's at the beginning of one of the books) there's this one scene where Marco and Jake are arguing over whether or not a food can taste like a color.  Or maybe it just talks about that argument.  It's so awesome because, on the one hand, it's completely ridiculous, but if you start thinking about too much you start wonder if you're doing things like changing your sense of taste because of expectation from visual stimuli.

Of course there are some reasons things do taste like colors.  We have pretty generic pairings of artificial flavor and color.  Also, if you're in need of a particular amino acid, foods of the appropriate color with all sound very appealing to you, even if their taste is pretty dissimilar (i.e. tomatoes and strawberries).

me and my friend always have totally random argumets,once we argued over a pencil,about if harry potter is better or animorphs(she is totally against animorphs)

So here is my question again: Why is she so much against Animorphs?
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2010, 07:57:07 PM »
     Darn Anti-Morphite!
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #209 on: December 09, 2010, 08:06:54 PM »

So here is my question again: Why is she so much against Animorphs?

IDK she said she read 2 pages of the book and got so bored,but it's only 2 pages,you need to read like at least a few chapters and i find the first few chapters of harry potter boring.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^