Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 235867 times)

redtailedsaffa

Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #2025 on: August 10, 2015, 03:50:48 PM »
Is that design black? Anything would work then. Except maybe yellow.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #2026 on: August 10, 2015, 07:51:03 PM »
Someone on the tumblr tag warned someone that the Ellimist Chronicles is spoileriffic.

I don't think these people understand what a spoiler is.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #2027 on: August 10, 2015, 08:43:45 PM »
*repeatedly bashes head against goat*
yeah

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #2028 on: August 10, 2015, 09:53:37 PM »
If you were an Animorph with a whale morph, and you were allergic to whale DNA, how would you survive burping up the whale?

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #2029 on: August 10, 2015, 09:55:12 PM »
Eh, the only spoiler I can think of is the one where it explicitly states that one of them dies at the end. For many, that's enough of a spoiler.

XD I understand what they're referring to. But how is that a spoiler. That's the point where you're meant to find out that that's coming. How does a series spoil itself.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #2030 on: August 10, 2015, 10:43:11 PM »
Eh, the only spoiler I can think of is the one where it explicitly states that one of them dies at the end. For many, that's enough of a spoiler.

XD I understand what they're referring to. But how is that a spoiler. That's the point where you're meant to find out that that's coming. How does a series spoil itself.

Wouldn't people who haven't real "The Elimist Chronicles" feel spoiled if someone told them that the EC reveals that [spoiler]one of the main good characters dies?[/spoiler]

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #2031 on: August 10, 2015, 11:53:22 PM »
Wouldn't people who haven't real "The Elimist Chronicles" feel spoiled if someone told them that the EC reveals that [spoiler]one of the main good characters dies?[/spoiler]

Yeah, but they're saying the book itself was spoileriffic, not that someone spoiled it for them.

I actually had that bit accidentally ruined for me by an unmarked spoiler on TVTropes when I was looking up the series.  Pretty annoying.
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

SmartGirl333

« Reply #2032 on: August 11, 2015, 01:35:05 AM »
Fellow troper! :D

Offline Redtailednothlit

« Reply #2033 on: August 11, 2015, 01:58:24 AM »
I was actually really annoyed that
[spoiler] Ax went back to the Andalites. After everything the Animorphs did for him, after his close friendship with Tobias, and the way the Andalites treated him throughout the war, I expected him to stay on Earth. Maybe even live in the Hork-Bajir Valley with Tobias. Heaven knows Tobias needed someone with him. [/spoiler]

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #2034 on: August 11, 2015, 06:58:31 AM »
By the time I was on the twelfth book, I knew that [spoiler]Rachel died.[/spoiler] TvTropes let me know that [spoiler]the series ends with the blade ship getting rammed.[/spoiler] I'm much more careful around spoilers now. Of course, sometimes they leap out at me unexpectedly. You know, you're removing some natter or are about to fix someone's example indentation and - OH WAIT, WHAT'S THAT? THE INSIDE OF A SPOILER TAG? LET ME EXPLORE!
[/rage]
yeah

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #2035 on: August 11, 2015, 02:45:57 PM »
By the time I was on the twelfth book, I knew that [spoiler]Rachel died.[/spoiler] TvTropes let me know that [spoiler]the series ends with the blade ship getting rammed.[/spoiler] I'm much more careful around spoilers now. Of course, sometimes they leap out at me unexpectedly. You know, you're removing some natter or are about to fix someone's example indentation and - OH WAIT, WHAT'S THAT? THE INSIDE OF A SPOILER TAG? LET ME EXPLORE!
[/rage]

How did you learn about [spoiler]Rachel's untimely death?[/spoiler]

Actually, the series ended with [spoiler]Jake ordering that the Blade ship be rammed.  We didn't actually get to see the order carried out![/spoiler]

SmartGirl333

« Reply #2036 on: August 11, 2015, 04:24:58 PM »
Of course, sometimes they leap out at me unexpectedly. You know, you're removing some natter or are about to fix someone's example indentation and - OH WAIT, WHAT'S THAT? THE INSIDE OF A SPOILER TAG? LET ME EXPLORE!
[/rage]

This is why I only edit pages/examples that I don't care about getting spoiled for because either I've already finished the work or already know the spoiler. #TroperProblems

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #2037 on: August 11, 2015, 08:35:48 PM »
[/rage]

[spoiler]How did you learn about Rachel's untimely death?[/spoiler]

Actually, the series ended with [spoiler]Jake ordering that the Blade ship be rammed.  We didn't actually get to see the order carried out![/spoiler]
Tim: [spoiler]1. I don't remember where I found out the first time because I kept reading "rachel dies" everywhere. I do remember the second time, though, because I'm just that odd - 'twas in a  goodreads review of The Invasion.
2. Oops! Thank you.[/spoiler]
SmartGirl: People shove spoilers where you least expect them. *teenage boys snicker in the distance* With any trope, there's a decent chance that someone put an unmarked/easy to guess spoiler on its page. Like you, I try to be careful, but this is the internet.

It's a minefield of spoilers.
yeah

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #2038 on: August 11, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »
Book 34 features the last of the Arn.  He wants to clone Hork Bajir to fight the Yeerks on the HB homeworld.  Why doesn't he clone himself?

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2039 on: August 12, 2015, 02:14:45 AM »
The Good News: I discovered a fellow Animorphs fan at work today!

The Bad News: Upon discovering one another, the two of us almost instantly got into a screaming match over the identity of the One.  :P