Author Topic: How and when did you hear about and start reading and/or watching Animorphs?  (Read 4019 times)

Offline MissySelenity

I actually remember watching it on Nick and thinking it was cool how they became animals. Then I decided to check out the books and found that the books were better.

Offline Snakie

I remember my mom buying the first 5 books for me when I was about maybe 10 years old.  I was into animals and aliens at the time, so my mom was so confident I'd love the series that she bought all 5 of them for me at the same time.

This must have been sometime between the release of the 5th and 6th books, because I remember the 6th one coming out and being really excited about it.  I believe I devoured the first 5 books within the span of a few days then went through major withdrawals upon realizing that from here on out I'd have to wait a month or two before getting to read another one.

Sadly, I kinda lost interest in the books in the early 30s, I think #32 or #33 might have been the last one I read upon first release.  I think by that time I had "outgrown" them.  A few years back I experienced a renewed interest in the series and decided to buy every single book in the series that I didn't already have and read them all. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:08:12 PM by Snakie »

Offline Sincerity

I remember being at the bookstore, to pick up the newest Baby-Sitter's Club book, and saw a book series I had never seen before.  At this point, I think only the first 3 books were out.  I picked up the first two and my dad bought them for me.  Unfortunately, I lost interest around book #20 or so, but a couple of years ago, my dad bought me the entire series on eBay.  I devoured them in a week or so.

Offline Adam

• British
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Animorphs Fic Writer
I bought books 1 and 6 when I was really young because I liked the look of the covers, but it took me years to finally read them. I was hooked! Still think they're good books now.
Check out my Animorphs fan-fiction on this site!
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=9858.0

Offline WeLeadTheLost

I think I was in grade.....4? when I first discovered the Animorphs series.
My mom had to get something at the book store and I went along hoping to find a new Goosebumps book. The store didn't have any Goosebumps, but I did see a book with a girl transforming into a grizzly bear on the cover and was instantly interested. I came home with The Invasion and The Stranger. I remember sitting in my room all evening reading for longer then I had ever read in my life. Ijust couldn't put The Invasion down.

Offline Rachelwrites007

My grandmother gave me the second book in the series as a gift when I visited her. (I was about 7 or 8) I was hooked. A girl with my name AND a cat (my fave animal at the time)? Hooked. ;)