Author Topic: Recording help  (Read 5410 times)

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
Re: Recording help
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 01:25:47 PM »
maybe we can use that read text voice or w/e that program is you know what i mean, might work, or just have the narrator say it

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 01:27:03 PM »
Or have a ton of different voices? I guess the read text voice thing would work too.
I can still remember the words and what they meant.
As we etched them with our fingers, In years of wet cement.
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.

Offline jtuttle

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 01:35:07 PM »
I was just thinking of future books, and I think we may have a problem with book 16. what are we gonna do for the chat room. How are we gonna "say" what was written in the chat room?

You could always get a bunch of random people from this (or another forum) -- not involved in the audiobook project -- to do the voices.  Just an idea; I was just thinking that the people in the chat room are a bunch of random people from the Internet -- why not use a bunch of random people from the Internet to do the voices?

Also, if you do decide to use synthesized voices, check out the ones in Mac OS X.  They're quite nice, especially Alex (the newest one).  If you want a more computer-y voice, eSpeak <espeak.sf.net> has a bunch of good voices; however, I'm not sure how you would use it (I have an open-source screen reader that uses it, and there's a command-line version of it, but as far as I know, no one has written a shiny graphical interface for using eSpeak.  Well, there is one on the $100 laptop <www.laptop.org>, but I don't have it.)

Just some thoughts.

-- J.P.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 02:29:06 PM »
the narrator is jake...

if we're doing random people, well nobody's actually saying it. it just appears on the screen. a lot like our own RAF chat. besides, we don't need a bunch of random people. we can just get someone on this forum to do it.

Offline mrlarry

• The original and the best
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 06:07:50 PM »
well nobody's actually saying it...
It's like on TV when somebody gets a letter and we hear the voice of the writer; they're not really speaking, but it lets us know what has been written. We'd be working with the same principle, just more voices because there's more than one person talking.
I don't think it needs to sound synthetic, I think people just recording it is the best way to go.

MrLarry & Estrid FTW
Matt and Kat lulz