Author Topic: Which of these is your favorite 'filler' book?  (Read 7120 times)

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Which of these is your favorite 'filler' book?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 09:35:22 PM »
19 is so not filler, especially if 29 is not counted as filler, than 19 just can't be.

But of this list 25 is a laugh with a pretty good story. Even does some tiding up
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

esplin

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 10:20:45 PM »
25 is a great one but you seem to have forgot number 41, which is my faverite filler book

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 02:21:30 AM »
I dunno, maybe between the books, Marco somehow acquired one... Like how they acquired birds in book 2 w/o actually showing how they acquired it.

anyway, my favorite filler has got to be #41, The Familiar. So cool and mysterious....
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 02:25:31 AM »
I dunno, maybe between the books, Marco somehow acquired one... Like how they acquired birds in book 2 w/o actually showing how they acquired it.
uh...what are you talking about?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 06:22:33 AM »
Did he put 19 as filler? I may have missed that. That's the one with Aftran, who goes on to start the YPM and actually saved Ax's life in a future book. That's not filler.

Though I guess people's definitions of what a filler is can be different.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 06:49:11 AM »
um...how is #34 not a filler book?

Offline SageKiller

• Meow
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 08:49:03 AM »
My favorite by far is #14.  I still laugh about the Andalite toilet every time I read it XD

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 10:49:22 AM »
You're annoying as hell, Phoenix004.

What the hell are you doing locking threads (an idiotic move), editing people's posts (I really don't think anyone her is stupid enough to be confused by the lack of ordr number) and saying that there are too many of a kind of thread?

Why don't you just leave us aone and go screw yourself?

::) What? Gonna lock me again?

F*ck you. He's only doing his job (which you are making a lot harder) It's not his fault you make useless threads tht have already been made. Tht's why ur @$$ got a 3 day ban and -9 karma.

My favorite filler would probably be "The Weakness" cuz it's the only filler I've read from beginning to end(I read the Visitor too but I didn't really like it) Plus they finally included my favorite animal(the cheetah)Too bad it's the only time they use that morph

I appreciate you agreeing with me, but please try to keep the swearing to a minimum.

I thought The Weakness was interesting because it's the only time (in my opinion) that we see a Rachel narrated book where she acts completely reckless and arrogant. I know the others often seem to see her that way, but personally I don't see it as much from her own POV.

I probably wouldn't consider book 19 to be filler, but everyone has their own definition. Personally I'd consider 32 as a possible filler, as the only real plot development is the introduction of the Anti-Morphing Ray, but it's not mentioned in great detail and book 33 goes into that side of the plot a lot more.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 11:42:58 AM »
I thought it was kinda cool how book 32 starts the anti morphing ray story and 33 finishes it, almost a two parter but not really

Yea i wouldnt call 19 a filler, introduction of aftran and stuff, good book too

I didnt really like 37, i couldnt really see rachel going that crazy, still a decent book but still

14 was pretty funny with the end lol, but not too silly like the skunk smell in 9, just ironically funny...and still a little silly lol

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 12:07:03 PM »
Yeah 37 definitely wasn't one of my favs... but on the other hand, it DID have a plane crashing through the roof of the Yeerk Pool!  ;D
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 06:10:31 PM »
I actually know the books by the numbers better than by the names, so thank you, Phoenix for adding those in. ^_^.

As for my favourite, for some reason I have to go with #17. I don't know why that one appealed to me, but somehow it did. Maybe I just really liked the cover morph? I find it had the best intro, too. It's a good book to read when you're new to the series, which I was at the time that I first read it. (It was only the 3rd or 4th book I read)

The oatmeal plot was rediculous, of course, but it was early enough in the series that they could get away with silly plots like that.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 06:20:20 PM »
#17 is definetly in my top 5 favourite filler books.

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 07:26:26 PM »
I never considered #17 as a filler book because it introduced us two different interesting elements in the series: The McDonald's secret password and entranceway, which told us that the Yeerks had established a strong enough hold on human businesses and franchises in order to pull off something like this massively without it being noticed. The second thing it introduced us to was the Gleet Biofilter (sp?) which told us that the Yeerks were adapting to the Animorphs constant nuisance, providing an extra challenge for them to even enter the Yeerk Pool past this point.

Also, to whoever said #19 is filler... are you kidding? #19 is where it all changed! This is the first time where the Yeerks were no longer viewed as evil one-sided beings. We saw things from their point of view. So many things spawned from this book -- The Yeerk Peace Movement; Controller allies (Mr. Tidwell anyone?); not to mention the fact that because of Aftran, Ax was saved and the Animorphs brought the use of morphing technology to the Yeerks in order to free them into bodies they would've preferred. Honestly, this book was anything but filler.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 11:45:23 PM »
I just read 28 again, man it's so funny, it's my fave filler book.
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 12:50:20 AM »
oh point: 19 is K's favorite book lol