Author Topic: Re-release editing/changes  (Read 8121 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
Re: Re-release editing/changes
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2011, 11:39:25 AM »
     I'm sure there's an app that we could use to fix this.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2011, 07:15:53 PM »
So! I just got the rerelease of book 3 today. :D Haven't had a chance to go through it much to check for changes, but considering I have the original in French, I probably wouldn't notice a change even if it was there.

One thing I will say is that the lenticular isn't as good as the first 2 books. It doesn't stay focused on human Tobias for long enough. Which... I suppose is appropriate, since this IS Tobias we're talking about, but still. I like me some consistancy, and the first two books stayed on the human forms easier than this one.

Anyone else get and notice any changes? I don't think there were any outdated refferences or KASUs in this one to begin with, but it's still nice to keep a tally.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline AF_junkie

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2011, 07:48:34 PM »
I hope they don't inadvertanly change part of the charactor's personalities and essance with these changes. I fear they will change some of the subtle things like how they interact with each other, in order to make the story 'more entertaining' to a newer audience or something. (shudder) It just seems to me that these 'modernized changes' could possibly end up making a subtle difference in the overall essence of the the characters and their personalities. Just changing 'xena' to 'storm' makes a slight difference.

i mean there probably wont be any major plot changes but the subtle changes that effect the characters themselves will be enough to annoy me. Hopefully KA will keep true to her original design of the story and wont change it in order to be more liked. I would hate to think of my favorite character ruined in order to be more 'modern'. ugh.

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2011, 07:54:24 PM »
Some of you people NEED to stop overblowing things. No, she's NOT changing characters personalities. NO, entire parts or sections of the stories are NOT being re-written. NO, she did NOT change Xena to Storm. The Xena nickname never came about until later in the series and she was ALWAYS referred to as Storm in the first couple books, even in the original release. The changes are totally minor, and IMO, mostly fix things that were wrong in the original releases.

Seriously, stop already. Crazy fans that are over-blowing the situation are giving the re-releases bad word-of-mouth and I'm totally sick of it, and it's pretty much the reason I've stopped coming here on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:55:57 PM by Slushie Man »

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2011, 08:42:05 PM »
THANK YOU. Right, we are NOT going to complain about changes that HAVEN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET, and are probably NOT going to happen.

Like I said, I just like to keep track, and can't really check this one myself because I'm used to it in a different language, and thus wouldn't notice any changes if there were any.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2011, 08:50:04 PM »
No, that wasn't directed at you, just at people on here who keep moaning and complaining about changes that aren't even actual changes, and spreading falsities about the extent of the changes.

I too like to see lists of what changes there are, for curiosity sake, but so far, every single change I've seen, has been for the better. I know Essam's site has a list of the changes in the first book, but I don't think he's done the second or third yet.

Offline QIfry

• A 28 year old that won't grow up. Growing up sucks
    • M.O.R.P.H. - An Animorphs Fancomic Series
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2011, 08:59:20 PM »
I would have to say that the real re-editing would have to once they get to #8 - The Alien and onward. Especially for #12 - The Reaction because of the Power House/Home Improvement references and also the real-life celebrity names.

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2011, 09:05:59 PM »
No changes would be needed for that. The character isn't Johnathon Taylor Thomas specific - it's a character based on him and others like him, and there's still plenty of other young actors and young singers in the world today that have the same impact (if not more-so) on the intended audience, so that's still just as relevant.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »
i think they still could change it. If it's based on him, people figured it out so if someone else that is 10 or so reads it, they'll wonder who he is(i sure did) but if they based it on someone else that most tweens now know, then they can get it better(in my opinion)
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline QIfry

• A 28 year old that won't grow up. Growing up sucks
    • M.O.R.P.H. - An Animorphs Fancomic Series
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2011, 11:09:52 AM »
Well if it had to be anything or anyone they base it on for #12... Maybe one of the Jonas Brothers or something?

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2011, 02:52:34 PM »
They won't be changing it. the character is still JUST AS relevant today as he was back then, exactly as-written. These changes are nothing major, only minor little things. I promise you, they won't be changing entire characters, especially ones that are still relevant as-they-are.

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2011, 03:09:44 PM »
i got a question for you peeps with the new first book: you know how in the original, when v3 talks to elfangor, it seems like he never knew him, even though he really did, was that dialogue changed at all?

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2011, 03:58:33 PM »
Yeah, it was, but only minor. Instead of saying 'We finally meet' or something like that it's changed to 'We meet again', and a couple other minor changes like that in the dialog.