Author Topic: Planet Andalite must be one dangerous place...  (Read 4997 times)

Offline voodooqueen126

Re: Planet Andalite must be one dangerous place...
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2009, 04:32:10 AM »
In which you chart the significant events of their history and trace their evolution. Also see my calendar for andalite dating system (ie how long andalites have been around)

Offline Green armadillo ette

• If at first you don't  succeed, redefine success.
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2009, 12:40:10 AM »
I think that the andalites plant was called Anda. I mean if it were Andal then the pemalites planet would be Pemal. Ites I belive is like Lites but Ites is refering to certain members of one species(sp?). Lites seems to refer to an entrie species.
Also,    Who ever said that Hobbers weren't dangerous? How about Krafits?
Last night, I laid back in my bed staring up at the stars, and I thought to myself ... I probably should fix that hole in my roof.

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2009, 10:03:35 PM »
ites is a human suffix especially found in archaic texts such as the bible. for example Israelites, Hittites, Jebussites, Canaanites, Medianites, Ammanites, Edomites etc (mispelt slightly these are the ones I know off the top of my head). More recently Malikites (arabic malik means king, it is a christian church of which I know little). From what I can gather (i am not sure wikipedia is obscure on this point)  ites means people of:  Malikites are people of the kingdom (of god), Israelites are the people of Israel etc. Therefore Andalites (people of Andal) Pemalites (people of Pemal) however since the ellimist named both species (remember the ellimist chronicles) we can conclude that Andal does not mean 'earth'... end thought

Offline DraconianMe

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2009, 09:41:08 AM »
Think about all those Andalite body parts.

-Tail blades for quick self defense against predators
-Could also be used in obtaining mates, akin to Bighorn Sheep
-Eyes on stalks to see behind you
-large ears for a greater range of hearing
-Telepathy for communication over large distances
-Four swift legs in order to run extremely fast.
-Mouths on the feet in order to avoid being caught off guard whilst eating, and eating on the go
-Six fingers for increased dexterity
-And the large nose slits probably give better sense of smell

wow! you'vejust described the ladies on Desperate Housewives! jkjk!

but since the Andalites are friggin ancient, they've evolved for ages to eradicaate war entirely (atleast among themselves) and throughtout the series you can see that they are flawed.. so I'm guessing, they were just like us.. except, with built in weapons..no gun purchases for them.. back when they were still primitive, there was probably al lot of fighting and uh, adultery (?) and killings and stuff..

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2009, 06:06:41 PM »
I suspect that Andalites like cattle and horses have quite a low sex drive-only thinking of sex when the female is in season.
The telepathy is from the Ellimist, they used to use sign language, imagine what happened to the andalites that aren't descended from the Ellimist-unable to use thoughtspeak...
As the Ellimist chronicles demonstrated Planet Andal was a dangerous place with huge predators, but I don't think they were especially aggressive: human aggression is reflected in monkeys (monkeys as Cracked will tell you are crazy) but the biological niche filled by Andalites (that of large herbivores such as cattle or horses) fights mostly over females and even then has a low death rate.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2009, 11:17:59 PM »
I think that the andalites plant was called Anda. I mean if it were Andal then the pemalites planet would be Pemal. Ites I belive is like Lites but Ites is refering to certain members of one species(sp?). Lites seems to refer to an entrie species.
Also,    Who ever said that Hobbers weren't dangerous? How about Krafits?

I think I love you
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2009, 12:16:32 AM »
you may as well ask why senseless tragedies happen to the undeserving and try to apply reason to who wins the lottery!

I cannot help it, I cannot explain it, I can only suffer from what I expect to be purely unrequited affection. My passion will boil and rust and batter my heart, but no matter what pain I endure I shall never stop, for one may as well ask the seasons to stop changing and my cat to stop licking herself.
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »
Although this is not about Andalite evolution in reaction to the physical dangers of their planet, but rather about the dangers (such as crime) possible on the Andalite homeworld due to technology:
Aside from the obvious identity theft possible through morphing technology, it occurred to me reading Anijen magnificent story, that with the widespread availability of spacecraft (perhaps not as common as cars but about as common as those expensive caravans) the possibility of criminals [spoiler](especially the Humbert Humbert’s of the world[/spoiler]) taking off ([spoiler]with their victims in tow) [/spoiler] around the universe and never being caught.

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2009, 10:54:58 PM »
I think... I imagine that they didn't had a tale at all, or only a small one with some kind of nail. Then as the ones with bigger tails became more attractive they was the ones that got most children and so on. And then to survive the ones with biggest nail were superiour and then there was a time when they had much bigger blades thay today. They evolved back. That's what I think.

Physical attraction would fit in with the prejudice that we've seen from the Andalites. I mean vecols are treated as last class citizens if I recall correctly. Ankylosaurus shape probably wouldn't look that physically attractive but a slenderer more agile shape and if we treat the tail blade thing like deers with antlers then we can see that certain things would appeal more than others....
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2009, 02:08:44 PM »
yeah, never thought about sexual selection in andalites. cool point!
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?