Author Topic: Elfangor's death  (Read 8113 times)

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Elfangor's death
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 12:57:59 PM »
Thank you Esplin ;D

However no I must say
One other i can think of is that Elfangor didn't know morphing heals injuries. Morphing technology is pretty new at the time. In fact, only the Animorphs exploited this part of morphing. Andalites and (Yeerks) used the morphing power mostly for stealth and raw power only (See: Visser Three).

How is the morphing technology new at that time?
Elfangor went down in the nineties; probably 95-96.
Aldrea was morphing in HBC which was the 1960's
Morphing is about as old as the moon landing; I think they'd understand it's healing effects, especially since the Animorphs realized this in a number of weeks at the most.
Just sayin
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline OrcaMorph

• Transient Resident
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 01:29:48 PM »
He said specifically that he was too weak to morph.  True, the Animorphs have morphed out of worse.  However, the Animorphs were WAY more practiced at morphing, which takes energy, than any millitary Andalite.  If morphing was running, the Animorphs are hard core marine sprinter/marathon runners, and most Andalites are casual joggers.
<OrcaMorph>

Read my blog on RAF: Transient Resident

Coming Soon

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 03:07:19 PM »
what i don't get is how it happened, or more like why. cuz when he got injured, why didn't he just morph into sumthing, anything, and then demorph, and he woulda been healed. instead, he wasted time looking for the time matrix. i mean, i don't buy the whole "he was too injured" thing, cuz the animorphs have been in way worse shape then a burn on their side, and managed to morph. i don't see how if elfangor is morph capable he could have been dying.

Back up there for a second. He did NOT was time looking for the time matrix. In the end he's just one soldier, but the time matrix is the most powerful weapon in the universe, the side which can controls it can easily turn the tide of the war.
As to the morphing question, I don't think any of us know enough about Andalite physiology to comment on the severity of his injuries. Maybe, for whatever reason, he was unable to morph. Plus there wouldn't have been the time to do what you were suggesting. If he had morphed then demorphed then he would have been surrounded by Yeerks and Visser 3, a hopeless situation.

at the end of the AC, it says elfangor was looking for the time matrix for one last desperate hope to save himself (obvious paraphrasing here). so he coulda been morphing on the way down to earth instead.

like with mertil, they ask why he didnt just morph to save his tail, member? so it is possible to morph and demorph to heal injuries, or in 42, when rachel is burned by marco's stomach acid, she morphs grizzly, then demorphs.

i think its a KASU, like with jake thought speaking as a human in book 1. she proly didn't think to use morphing as a way to heal one's self till later. so all ppl who said that, it makes sense
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 03:39:46 PM »
In the AC Elfangor sorta goes through this process of blindly following Andalite military culture to seeing the larger, grittier, cosmic scope of things, eventually becoming a sorta modernist hero(my US lit knowledge is showing), so he learns to think for himself and accept what he can't control. He also knew a little from the Ellimist what was going to happen. I think that's why he didn't morph out, he knew he was basically toast-but then he saw the kids, realized the purpose of the situation, and figured he should give them the cube.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Hylian Dan

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 04:03:07 PM »
The Ellimist didn't give him back his morphing powers, possibly? He had been a nothlit, after all.

Most likely, though, it's a KASU that needs some fanwanking.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 04:45:38 PM »
remember also that Andalites rarely use morphing tech. So all the members of the military may just be oblivious to the benefits of morphing. Remember, the animorphs were really the only ones to take it to its full potential.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »
Ok, stupid question time, what does KASU stand for?
Estrid, fair point about the time matrix, it's been a while since I read the AC so I can;t remember exactly what was said.
You should never go in there without a mongoose. (James Bond, Live and Let Die)

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 04:52:32 PM »
KA Applegate Screws Up
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 04:55:52 PM »
Not to be confused with KAFU ::).
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 05:15:51 PM »
ok another stupid question: what's KAFU?

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 12:30:17 AM »
KAFU same as KASU, except the F is a worse wrd ::)

and the andalite scientists 40 + yrs after developing morphing tech shoulda had SOME idea of its benefits :-\
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Cody-my gayBFF for eva!

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 04:46:46 AM »
Okay guys, finding a realistic answer is better than just stamping it off as a KASU, right? Plus, that scene was recreated at TAC, so it couldn't possibly be a KASU. I mean, recreating the error is just wrong.

The simple answer might be that he was too weak to morph. By the way, Mertil was somehow incapable of getting the morphing power, i think.

Morphing needs energy, and Elfangor probably worn all of it. He must be pained to death by that time.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 04:54:16 AM »
didn't it say somewhere (I think #50) that mertil was allergic to the morphing power and couldn't receive it?

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 05:02:14 AM »
Yes! Now I remember the reason of him being incapable of morphing... but still, he could be of use as a pilot. Mertil, as I've read is a very skilled pilot, right? Andalites just view vecols as.... i don't know... different.

Kind of like humans treat handicaps. And humans deny the fact that we treat them differently. Ax pointed it out innocently.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 06:58:59 PM »
what i ment by mertil as an example was, that if he HAD been able to morph, he coulda morphed to heal his tail. the only reason he didn't was cuz he is allergic to the tech. but my point is is even with grave injuries, andalites can still morph to heal themselves, so long as they are morph capable. so why didn't elfangor? that def needed to be explained better :-\

Cody-my gayBFF for eva!