Author Topic: Rank the Animorphs from Fave to Least Fave  (Read 10971 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Rank the Animorphs from Fave to Least Fave
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2012, 11:55:59 AM »
But some Yeerks decided to leave the war and become nothlits, right? Assuming they didn't just take their hosts with them. That makes it all better, right?

Not to me, it doesn't.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline tobiasfangor95

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »
But some Yeerks decided to leave the war and become nothlits, right? Assuming they didn't just take their hosts with them. That makes it all better, right?

Not to me, it doesn't.

Starting from book #51, you see that there are two kinds of morph capable Controllers.
Most of them are human Controllers, so the Yeerks just demorph back to human in two hours and every three days go to the pool to soak up those Kandrona rays. But there are a few Yeerks who acquired the morphing capability themselves, as in they morph directly from Yeerk to whatever.

In book 52, during the whole subway/train incident, James kills a Controller in midmorph, but I believe he was morphing from human to Hork-Bajir. And most Yeerks who became nothlits were not just pure Yeerks but human Controllers too.

So some humans never got freedom. Every three days, they'd be detained as their Yeerk took a swim. They couldn't morph to escape because the Yeerks would just stun them. Then one day their Yeerk would trap them in morph. Not only did the humans lose thier body, but the Yeerk still remains in control.

And there's one person we can all blame.

Offline Red

• raptor girl
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2012, 02:46:14 PM »
1) Marco

I related to Marco the most as a kid, and whilst he isn't my favourite by loads like he was when I was nine, he is still the best character in my opinion. He had the best perspective and balanced morality of the group, I think. He's smart and practical, cautious when he needs to be (like Cassie) and willing to go for it when need be (like Rachel). I know Jake faced a lot of agony over his brother but jeez.. Marco lost his mother to a fake boating accident and then finds out she's the HEAD of the Yeerk invasion? He handles life really well, considering.

2) Tobias

Cassie's moral code without being too sentimental. The way he adapts to life as a hawk is something I don't thinkI'd be able to do so well. I'd be so bitter. I mean, he is bitter but he's still in the fight 100% from the beginning. He has more to lose in that sense because he's fighting as a hawk and if that tiny body gets broken he's dead. The others can at least morph back.

3) Rachel

Power Grrrrl. I know Rachel loses it with the bloodlust, but I like that this role was done with a female character. Her toughness was inspiring growing up, and I think she had a "cold" personality at times because the writing wasn't so great. I mean,  who else got tired with being told her and Cassie were soooo opposite yet great buds? Anyway, her bravery and the defiance of a typically blonde, wimpy girl role (Cindy from Spooksville?) was awesome.

4) Jake

At times Jake just seemed to be The Leader. That's how I see him in my mind, at least. He's pretty two dimensional in my memories of reading the books as a kid. He goes through a lot at the end though, and no-one would wish that on anyone let alone a 16 year old kid.

5) Cassie

Cassie is probably the most "real" considering she is 13 when the war starts. Her and Marco are more true to her age - Marco is "immature" in the sense that he refuses to look at life seriously, and Cassie just has that whole naive, "I got this worldview at a young age and can't deviate from it like you guys" sort of thing. It's interesting that she was the most moralising yet made the most awful mistakes. She's a nice kid but the worst character, she should have stayed at home rather than cutting through the construction site.

Offline Red

• raptor girl
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2012, 02:50:56 PM »
Hah! I forgot Ax. I guess he's after Rachel because of his unintentional humour, and the interesting battle of "help the humans" and "stay loyal to his people". I mean, obviously help the humans but he's similar to Cassie in the sense that they've been brought up with such strong ideals of how to be.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2012, 03:47:46 PM »
While Rachel does have her moments of just pure battle high, I don't think she ever loses herself in a permanent sense. Just look at her last narrated book before 54, and her last thought in 54. She denies Crayak, and thinks of shopping. Of course she is tempted when Crayak makes the offer, but who wouldn't be in her situation?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Red

• raptor girl
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2012, 01:13:39 PM »
I guess she's just really good at compartmentalising, re shopping. I do wonder how she would have coped once the war was over and she  didn't have to fight any more. She'd probably turn into a Gaia(Fearless)-meets-Superhero type, morphing into a bear to kick the butts of muggers and thieves.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2012, 01:46:41 PM »
There are all kinds of action packed, acceptable lifestyles she could have lived after the war. Hell, even joining the military and training for the next Human-Human war. Though the big rule about killing other Humans may have gotten in the way of that. Anyway, if there's anyone who could persevere and get past the war, it would be Rachel.

Ani-Master 2014!

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2012, 08:20:36 AM »
1. Ax and Tobias (It's a tie!!)
Ax is hilarious, and I do admire his sense of loyalty, As for Tobias, I can really relate to the whole thing of his being a loner. I was one myself, till recently. But I love the fact that he's the most willing to fight.

2. Marco
Marco is the most real of the characters for me. I love his humorous take on life.

3. Jake
Jake is so grown up for a kid it's unbelievable!

4. Rachel
I dunno, I found Rachel rather shallow. What I really didn't like, though, was how she was unwilling to accept Tobias' new 'human' form without realizing that that was how he could stay in the fight.

5. Cassie
Cassie was seriously annoying with all her moralizing... and from what I've seen so far I think half the thread will agree with me :)

Offline Kern

« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:58 AM »
No vote on the top of the page about "which is your fave Animorph"?

Would make it easier to see which character is more loved :3
ā€œIā€™m trying to translate what my cat says and put it in a book, but how many homonyms are there for meow??ā€
? Jarod Kintz

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2012, 08:39:52 PM »
You can't really have the same relationship with a bird that you can with a Human. It's pretty simple, really.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline bittersweet

« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2012, 02:56:24 AM »
All of the characters played a key role.

1.cassie : even though her morality was overwhelming, it was exactly what they needed. To hold on to their humanity.
2. Jake: as a leader , he did good. He just relied to much on other people. If that makes sense ?
3. Marco. He held on too himself. Even though he lost alot. I can relate to him.
4.tobias: Tobias was so depressing. To me it seemed like he hurt them more than helped. He was an important character though.
5: Rachel : impulsive. But loyal.
6: Ax: a boring yet useful character.

Offline Valennia

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2013, 12:48:55 PM »
I'd have to say my personal favorite Animorph is Tobias; he's just a really intense character in my opinion and I just really admire him...I can't really rank the others though because I just love all of them. They all play a special role...Jake with his leadership and responsibility, Rachel with her bravery and determination, Cassie with her peaceful devotion to humanity and nature, Marco with his brilliance, charm and humor, and Ax for being...well Ax :) He's really awesome too. All I can say that the Animorphs wouldn't be complete if it weren't for all of them, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I just can't rank them because it would be like telling a mother to rank her children.  :)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
  • "I'm honestly a huge dork."
    • My Book
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2013, 11:06:44 PM »
1.) Tobias (love him!!)
2.) Jake (understand most of what he talks about and love how he can make all of these difficult choices.)
3.) Cassie (I completely understand most of her resoning)
4.) Marco (Funny, but sometimes got annoying. Sometimes)
5.) Ax (always thought o him as kind of a jerk. Sorry but its the truth. :/)

I would also like to post (for all of you Cassie haters) that I personally understood her every motivation.
My Tumblr
Saffa is my shorm and RAFtwin. :D Lumy is my awesomeful RAFbrother. ;D
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer 2013
Best RAFian Supervillan/Minion Duo 2013 (Saffa/Abby :D Morph Twins)
RAFian Artist of the Year 2016

Offline Bealocwealm

« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2013, 09:44:30 AM »
Hurrrg, nope, can't do it. Even aside from the whole Cassie-hate debate, I've had each and every main character as my 'favourite'.

Cassie because she's the moral compass and the empath -- she was particularly my favourite when I was younger, but also I LOVE #19 and #29. At the same time, she got some of the worst books, too.

Marco because he reminds me the most of me (currently -- I disliked him as a kid, thought he was an annoying jerk.) Also #15 is one of my top 5. Still, some other books of his are just... not memorable. He seems to get a TON of action books, which might be why I prefer #15, which is more emotional and internal through much of it.

Jake absolutely fascinates me; #47 is my favourite book of the series, and I love all it says about his character. I know he was bland at first, but that's part of what makes him interesting, if that makes any sense.

Ax I've always loved because, like Marco, he has the capacity for great comedy and great drama. I find his serious moments extremely powerful, and he has some of the most growth as a character. All of his books were memorable to me.

Rachel was my other favourite as a kid, and I still love her because, while she does become more and more a Blood Knight, it's a very realistic transformation. Still, she got a couple of my least favourite books, which is a shame.

Tobias is an on-again off-again favourite of mine, and as a kid, #23 and #3 were some of my absolute favourites. His tone is very distinct, and he becomes one of the first voices that you'd recognize without being told who it was. I like the more distant, observant pacing of his books and I love the hawk elements.

Offline ryuki

« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2013, 11:04:18 AM »
I can't say there is a definite rank for them. How much i like one of them depends on which book i'm reading and at what point of the story i'm at. For sure i probably loved Rachel the most, but sometimes i thought she really needed a good slap in the face. Jake, Tobias, Ax and Marco seem to jump up and down the ranks. I find Marco's character more lovable when i don't have to deal with his mommy issues, the first time it was sad, the second time it was pretty sad too. After that i thought it got a little bit too contrived. Cassie i probably like the least overall because of her never-ending morality speals, but she had her moments of awesome too.

Tentative list?
Rachel
Tobias
Ax
Jake
Marco
Cassie