Author Topic: Rank the Animorphs from Fave to Least Fave  (Read 10965 times)

Offline Yorick Brown

Rank the Animorphs from Fave to Least Fave
« on: July 15, 2008, 01:10:15 AM »
1) Marco (Simply the character that the reader could most relate to-and he made me laugh)
2) Ax (I loved his wide-eyed obsevations into human culture and his growing)
3) Rachel (A very multi-layered character as noticed in The Stranger and The Weakness)
4) Jake (Can't explain this one-just wasn't as interesting as the others)
5) Tobias (His pity parties bored me rather than moved me-crack a smile once in awhile)
6) Cassie (All her tree hugging got annoying at times)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:15:20 AM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
Re: Rank the Animorphs from Fave to Least Fave
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 01:50:53 AM »
When I started reading, it was:

Cassie
Tobias
Marco
Rachel
Jake
Ax

Now it's:

Tobias
Marco
Ax
Rachel
Jake
Cassie

I used to really like Cassie. I was a major hippie when I started reading the books, and the idea of her being a talented morpher appealed to me. However, after a while, she just got on my nerves.

There was this one point in #25 that I think could have been a turning point for Cassie. That part where they had to eat the seals. They were all worried that Cassie would moralize to them about it, but she told them that no, survival had to come first. When I first read that, I thought it was the start of an evolution for her as a character.

However, after that it almost seemed as if her morals got even stronger, and she just got annoying. Perfectly wasted opportunity for character growth.

That's one of the main reasons why Cassie went from first to last on my list.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 02:13:36 AM »
1. tobias
2. ax
3. cassie
4. david (what? I do)
5. rachel
6. jake
7. marco
8. auxilaries.

none of them I hate. just some I like more than others.

Offline mrlarry

• The original and the best
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 03:33:52 AM »
I don't really rank them. I like them all for different reasons.

One I will make mention of is Cassie. When I was younger, I didn't dislike her, but I didn't think much of her either. Reading the series again recently, however, I found that she was the one that all the others depended on; that when they were struggling she was the one who noticed and she was the one who helped them. She moved up in my opinion.

MrLarry & Estrid FTW
Matt and Kat lulz

Offline musicman88

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 09:25:54 AM »
Tobias
Ax
Rachel
Jake
Marco
Cassie
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 09:26:47 AM »
Each one was a very important part of the group. I don't strongly dislike any of them.

1)Marco: He's the one I relate to the most. He's funny, clever, and the one I'd probably be the most like if I was in the group.

2)Tobias: I can kind of relate to the loner aspect of Tobias. I don't have it as hard as he does, though. Even without the being a nothlit part.

3)Ax: Ax is one of the two funniest characters, and I adore humor. The fact that he's an alien is amusing and interesting. I don't really blame him too much for keeping information from the group in the very beginning, or being tempted to take orders from Andalite superiors later in the series. It's a reminder that, even though he's part of the group, he's also an Andalite. That is his burden.

4)Jake: I once took a quiz that said I was somewhat like Jake. He's got a big cross to bear, but he's one of the strongest links in the group. They look to him as a leader, and everyone but Ax has some personal connection to him in one way or the other before the series begins.

5)Rachel: One side is a warrior woman, and one side is a mall rat who just wants a normal life. I think she is one of the more extreme characters, and is somehwat interesting.

6)Cassie: My least favorite, because she lets emotion and morals rule her too much. I don't have a high standard of morals, and would rather focus on getting the job done and surviving. Rather than worry about comparing morphing sentient life to Yeerk infestation, or handing over the escafil device unconditionally to the Yeerks and hoping something positive comes from it.

Final Note: It seems Cassie isn't that popular around here.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:29:23 AM by Daphnes »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline jsh357

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 09:40:27 AM »
1. Marco
2. Cassie
3. Ax
4. Jake
5. Tobias
6. Rachel

Rachel is the only one of the cast I really don't care for.  Her development wasn't interesting to me at all.  I think Marco is the most human of all the characters, Cassie is the most confusing, Ax is hilarious, Jake is the easiest to sympathize with (for me) and Tobias, who used to be my favorite, is just fairly cool.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 10:00:31 AM »

and it seems Marco is pretty popular.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 10:11:17 AM »

and it seems Marco is pretty popular.
Indeed. To top it off, those two are pretty oposite of each other. Coincidence? Mayhaps. Mayhaps not.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 11:58:04 AM »
My "ranking" of them pretty much changes depending on what I'm reading...Now, anyway. My top is definitely Marco, just because I can relate to him the most.

I was always surprised by Cassie being an unpopular character. Her morals were basically the reason I liked her at all.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 12:01:19 PM »
Man, I don't think I could rank them. Marco is my favorite though.

Yeah I noticed that. I didn't really like her when I first read the books, but I've been re reading them and sorta understanding her more.
I can still remember the words and what they meant.
As we etched them with our fingers, In years of wet cement.
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 12:29:05 PM »
Jake
Cassie
Marco
Rahcel
Ax(his books were boring)
Tobias(His books were even more boring)
I hate books where the battle morphs aren't used in a big battle and tht's been a lot of Tobias' books
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 12:31:57 PM »
I did think Cassie wanting to save baby skunks in book nine was cute, though. She almost became a nothlit from falling asleep in morph, but it was still cute.

@Blue22: You thought Ax's books were boring? Boring how? I guess likeing big battles is cool, but there can't be big battles like that in every book. Otherwise they would become plain.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 12:34:45 PM »

@Blue22: You thought Ax's books were boring? Boring how? I guess likeing big battles is cool, but there can't be big battles like that in every book. Otherwise they would become plain.
I've only read two of Ax's books(which is another reason I ranked him so low) and they were almost as boring as Tobias'
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »
Each Animorph was important and each of them rocked. I don't dislike any of them. But here's my list, based on personality.

1. Rachel
2. Jake
4. Ax and Tobias (It's a tie, I can't choose one over the other)
5. Cassie

And, here's the list, based on which POV's I enjoyed most.

1. Jake
2. Ax
3. Marco and Tobias
4. Rachel and Cassie
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D