Author Topic: Was Animorphs very popular back in its day?  (Read 3527 times)

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
Re: Was Animorphs very popular back in its day?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 12:23:03 PM »
Well even if they didn't sell that many, Scholastic primarily sells their books to schools (hence the name), so chances are you'd have all the kids in the same school reading the same three or four copies from the school library.  I know that was the case for all the popular stuff at my school (Goosebumps, Alex Rider, Animorphs, etc.).
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline skjaedigare

• hohejojsosanon
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 07:26:27 PM »
I can't remember now, because it was so long ago, but in primary school (i guess the equivalent of elementary school?) i had a bunch of friends who were into the series as well. It wasn't anything most people would have been aware of, though.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 06:37:22 PM »
When I was in Year 5 (2012) I was reading every book in the class set. I was always a fast reader. I avoided the Animorphs books, because, well, they looked weird. Eventually, I had no other choice. So I picked up the book with a girl turning into a horse, and started reading. Yeah. I started on the fillerest filler that ever filler'd. The Andalite Toilet book. The other books in the class set were the Eva's Not Dead book, the starfish book, and the crocodile book. Yeah. The only non-filler book was #5. Still, my primary school library had a pretty decent supply of them. I got the rest in pdf form from this site. Funny story: one time I was reading #54 on my kindle, and I thought it was a fic for a few seconds. A well written fic; i wanted to fave it, but then i remembered it was canon. And then i cried forever. loljk

</derail>