Author Topic: Iskoort  (Read 2572 times)

SmartGirl333

Iskoort
« on: November 07, 2013, 03:57:05 PM »
I like the Iskoort cuz they are so funny with their "buy or sell anythiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiing!!!!!!" attitude and their overwhelming honesty. Share your opinion of Iskoort and book 26 in general.  :XD:

Offline Astarte

Re: Iskoort
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 08:51:10 PM »
Refresh my memory, who are the Iskoort?

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 09:57:28 PM »
They're the main aliens focused on in #26, The Attack (the one where Cassie and Jake kiss XD) that are all born into a role (eg. Seller iskoorts, guild iskoorts, consumer iskoorts, etc) and end up leading the animorphs around. Oh, and their homeworld is where a battle between the Howlers (Crayak) and the (Animorphs) Ellimist takes place.

Yeah, I guess they were funny...though I personally found them also sorta annoying and weird.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

VisserZer0

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 02:58:06 AM »
I would have liked more enlightenment on the relationship between the Yoort and the Yeerks. I thought the Iskoort were fascinating.

NateSean

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 12:40:43 PM »
I'm going with Pop Arena's theory on this one.

The Ellemist used the Iskoort as a smoke screen for his real intent, which was to remove the Howler's effectiveness as a tool of Crayak.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 01:02:10 AM »

The Ellemist used the Iskoort as a smoke screen for his real intent, which was to remove the Howler's effectiveness as a tool of Crayak.

Mr Crayak can easily solve the problem of the Howlers becoming contaminated by memories of Jake and Cassie kissing: Just wipe out ALL the Howlers universe wide and start them all over again!

NateSean

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 07:08:05 AM »
Yet he didn't. Instead he spent the majority of the book trying to convince Rachel to join him.

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 02:04:14 AM »

Mr Crayak can easily solve the problem of the Howlers becoming contaminated by memories of Jake and Cassie kissing: Just wipe out ALL the Howlers universe wide and start them all over again!

Crayak probably had to give The Elimmist a concession to be allowed to make a species.  Wiping them and starting from scratch would requite another one, probably more of one.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 07:30:59 PM »
i posted this cuz i WANT MO' ISKOORTS!!!!! pls link a fic!!!!!!

NateSean

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »
You could always write the fic yourself.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 03:05:40 PM »
You could always write the fic yourself.
Im still working on my yeerk fic.
:edit:
My Visser 3 fic
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:21:48 PM by SmartGirl333 »

Offline Falco tinnunculus

• Experienced Doublethinker
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 09:53:15 AM »
The word Iskoort is combined with Isk and Yoort,and isk is the currency of the EVE universe(which means Inter-Stellar Kredits),and this word is also the currency code of Iceland Kronar......Maybe this can explain why they are so fanatic of trading?

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 10:35:05 AM »
Haha. That is a bizarrely awesome set of coincidences ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 10:58:20 AM »
Lol, that is pretty interesting.

One thing, though: it's pretty clear, from what happens in the books, that the Iskoort don't actually have their own currency.  I mean, they use literally everything imaginable for money EXCEPT money, lol.  Memories, hair, their own children, etc.

Which does seem odd, now that I've actually started thinking about it.  Their planet is a mecca of commerce, and they trade with every species under the sun.  Yet nobody ever introduced them to the idea of currency?  I mean, there are big economic reasons we moved from trading to buying/selling very early on as a civilization.  Wonder why the Iskoort never made that leap, when they're obviously very advanced in so many other ways?

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 12:15:25 PM »
...Do we hear about currency being used by anybody else in the Animorphs universe? The Skrit Na were also trade only, right? And the Ketrans? Do we ever have the opportunity to find out about the Yeerks or Andalites?

I can't think of a single alien species in this series that actually has a concept of a currency, off the top of my head. It may simply be that currency is a distinctly human thing.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story