Author Topic: Art request  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
  • im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
Art request
« on: March 27, 2012, 03:27:20 PM »
Hey everyone in this section of the site, it's Mr. Guy.
I'm venturing out of the Audiobooks section for a request:

Hopefully you've seen the announcement, but the Audiobook project just finished Disc 1 of Megamorphs 1. As part of a (hopefully) high-quality project, I'm looking into getting disc and cover art. I'd like to keep everything either fanmade or something that can be licensed for redistribution easily.

If anyone has graphic design/art experience that they'd like to lend to the project, I'll take any help I can get.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Re: Art request
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 02:09:00 AM »
It'd be awesome if Necro could do it. Hopefully when she returns, she could help out.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
That was actually my first hope.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline NecrosisDemon

• Don't be derp
    • deviantART
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »
It'd be awesome if Necro could do it. Hopefully when she returns, she could help out.
That was actually my first hope.

I take it I'm the Necro you guys are talking about? :P

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 03:33:35 PM »
Of course. You're artistic skills are off the chart. ;D

Offline NecrosisDemon

• Don't be derp
    • deviantART
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 03:44:51 PM »
Aw you...! :-* Thankies ^_^ (you're making me blush though, it's embarassing lol)

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 04:43:29 PM »
Heh. Yeah I was thinking of you. I know you did say you aren't doing any Animorphs art right now, but the audiobooks move so slowly that we've got plenty of time. I would love to have you do some art if you're up for it.

Offline NecrosisDemon

• Don't be derp
    • deviantART
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
Perhaps. I'll need more details first. What do you want to see exactly? Do you have anything in mind? I see you're looking for disc art as well, does that mean you intend to actually sell these audiobooks? Because you know... copyright.

I haven't read any of the Megamorphs books myself (I know, shame on me, will do so sometime soonish XD).

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 11:30:10 AM »
Alright, what I'm thinking of eventually is front and back cover art, plus labels for each disc. I would like to print my own label for each disc, and anyone with printable labels could as well. I'm looking into getting a set of discs professionally printed, with people only paying enough to cover the cost of the printing. I'm aware of the copyright issue, I'm mostly going on the fact that Scholastic has no reason to care, as the Megamorphs haven't been rereleased yet.

The "What do I want to see" part is the tricky one, as I am absolutely not an artist. Maybe, as it is "The Andalite's Gift", a shot of Elfangor with the morphing cube? I feel like this is just devolving into me saying "draw something cool", which I know is far from helpful.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »
Maybe each disc art could be a visual synopsis as to the situation involved in the chapters present on the disc. Like a tornado surrounded by barefoot teens on the first disc. Then, on a later disc, you could have a Red-Tailed Hawk holding a Dracon beam!