Author Topic: ND's General Art  (Read 4330 times)

Offline NecrosisDemon

• Don't be derp
    • deviantART
ND's General Art
« on: March 28, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »
I figured I might as well do this, seeing as you guys seemed interested. X3

Mostly line art for now because I am lazy, I hate shading and I usually rage-quit when I do try to shade my pics. Click the pics for a bigger version.

Starting off with one of my most important OCs ever: Mephyasrin (or simply Meph for the lazy people like me). He's one of the main characters in my novel that's been in the works since 2005. I AM going to give this a full background and purdy magic effects one day... (he's a necromancer, now you know where my screen name comes from). And now I actually realize I forgot to ink a line. Bonus points if you can spot my mistake.

Another character that belongs in my novel, Sactaren. Minus wings. I'm going to redo this because his right arm (left for us) is too long and his legs are weird and I didn't notice until after I spent hours sketching and inking this thing because I wanted it right and you may now all face palm at my fail.
Oh, and he's also evil. ;D

And another novel character, Lynyme this time, again minus the wings. I need to redo the feet because the big claw needs to change size and position... and they look off anyway.

Look! Color! *le gasp* Meph again, in an armor design. It may still change, probably not though. Obviously minus the wings. These were all drawn for the character's reference sheets which have the wings drawn separately, but they are all still work in progress.

Old art warning. I'm guessing 2010 or so. This was a commission for a friend, who wanted Sactaren (crazy wing guy because yes, he does have six of them) fighting her crazy... everything else guy. Hey, it wasn't my idea to give him four eyes, four arms, four wings, eight horns and three tails. I'm still surprised she stuck with two legs when she designed him! Don't ask me how it all works in an anatomical sense, I think that this would give me an even bigger headache than trying to figure out Andalite anatomy.

Fanart tiemz, Dragon Age to be precise. From left to right, Alistair in Grey Warden armor with a custom in-game sword and shield, my human mage Warden Theresa with a custom robe and staff, my mage Hawke wearing more custom robes, and finally DA2!Anders (not so customized lol) who will be Justice!Anders once I get to coloring this. Note the 'once'. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, shame on you! For those who do, yay!

Look! Actual shading! *le gasp again* Another OC of mine, used for a RP on another forum. He's an assassin and those are tattoos and yes he has them everywhere. >D

That's all for now~

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
  • im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
Re: ND's General Art
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »
0_0

That is damn good.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 05:05:43 AM »
May I just say, "Holy ****."

Those are insanely awesome*. Little details aside, they're obscenely well drawn. You give definition to the term "awesome".

*Literal definition used, not the outplayed usage in every day life.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 07:15:40 AM »
Very excellent, ND.

May I just say, "Holy ****."

Parker's catchphrase, right there.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 01:55:40 PM »
Extremely awesome art.  :)

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 06:57:10 PM »
Hey NecrosisDemon, I dig your Andalite rendition, too. The tufts of hair were a nice add, I thought.
Your passion for anatomy is evident, too. Great work on the skeleton/muscle structure!

Good luck with the whole project, guys.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
Wow, that is awesome art! 
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Bealocwealm