Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 195796 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4575 on: November 29, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »
"No problem," Nareth says with a small smile. "And I would not call her a friend, precisely." He sighs, rolling the tumbler between his two perfectly manicured hands, staring at the back panel of the bar without really seeing it.

"I should leave," he says, but he makes no move to stand. Instead, he gives James an appraising look. "What exactly has brought you here, moj prijatelj?"

<<We really should leave,>> his host urges, to no avail.<<Before Elriss returns.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4576 on: December 08, 2014, 01:37:44 PM »
"Not myself?" murmured Mar, not precisely rejecting nor accepting the idea. He took another sip of ambrosia. An odd, peaceful expression crossed over his face. "But I am more myself than I have been in years. If it is my mind that is addled, then it has done me much good. I am home again. But..."

Mar's eyes suddenly take on a strong look. "...my Father is just. If I am being deceived, I want the deception removed. Just don't involve the mortal. Ike is a friend."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Interest," states James, giving all of his attention to Nareth. "There seem to be multiple sides to this Yeerk conflict, and it's clear that none of them agree with one another. You seem to be trying to avoid Elriss at least, which must mean that one of you is an outlaw and the other is not. Of the two, I'm going to guess that the outlaw is you. You seem to know the trenchcoat chick."

Truth be told, he was here because of horrid luck. But interest sounded better, and it wasn't untrue.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4577 on: December 08, 2014, 02:20:57 PM »
Nareth's carefully composed features twitch a little, but he smooths his expression out quickly. "'Trenchcoat chick', as you call her, is well known throughout the Yeerk Empire," he says levelly. "The fact that I recognize her is not particularly strange." He raises his voice, "Bartender, another, molim vas." He brings the tumbler to his lips, empties it neatly, and sets it back on the counter, pushing it away from him and waiting for his refill.

<<Nareth.>> The urging of his host is becoming more pronounced. Nareth wonders curiously whether Dom's insistence is due to true fear, or to the alcohol coursing through their shared veins. Probing at his mind, he finds no clear answer, and dismisses it.

"If you wish to know more about the Yeerk conflict," Nareth says aloud instead, voice dry, "I could certainly introduce you quite intimately with it."

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4578 on: December 11, 2014, 03:26:51 PM »
Nyr drains the contents of his tumbler in one gulp before speaking further.  "Deceived...possesse d...whatever you wish to call it."  Nyr places a hand on Mar's wrist and probes him further, closely examining his Mass.  "I can see thin filaments of the other's Mass woven through and around your primary connection with your own Mass.  It looks as though they are using you to attempt to invade your primary Mass in an almost...parasitic. ..method."

He removes his hand, grimacing a bit.  "It would be possible to isolate those filaments of foreign Mass and sever them...there is not enough foreign Mass possessing you to 'live' without the connection.  But there is danger...there could be some...collateral.. .damage.  Some of your primary connection could be damaged or severed in the process.  Of course I could simply sever your entire connection with your primary and this other...you have enough of your parent Mass to survive and become your own Primal.  But it would be painful, and you would be very weak for quite some time thereafter."
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4579 on: December 16, 2014, 06:23:45 PM »
Mar squirmed uncomfortably. Something about what the other Highest was saying rang true, but painfully true--- As if he did not truly want to hear what Nyr was saying. Mar shuddered. Something dangerous echoed in the back of his mind. He wanted to escape. Run away. That was the real reason another Primal was threaded through him. Mar stood up, his posture wavering.

He gave Nyr a sideways glance. "Yes, but who is the deceiver and who is the deceived..." He murmured, as if thinking to himself.

"If this...thing...is attempting to invade my primary Mass, then I cannot allow it to succeed," he stated more calmly to Nyr. "It would be both against my faith and, I believe, dangerous for a great number of people. I do not think that my Higher self particularly cares whether I live or die, so I do not mind the loss of some of my connection. I do not think becoming a Highest myself would suit me..."

It was true. A harbinger of God probably was too busy to worry about an obscure link in a backwater Bar in the middle of nowhere.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James did notice Nareth's reaction, although he tried to hide it. James had been told he was persnickety like that. He decided not to press the issue because judging from the Yeerk's past reactions to Myitt, he didn't want to talk about it. But James was for his part very interested in whatever it was the Yeerks didn't want to talk about. Now how could he get that information and still remain cautious...

He then heard Nareth's words, ****ed an eyebrow and said, "Okay I'll bite. What do you have in mind?"

...apparently he couldn't be cautious. Or he was calling Nareth's bluff about being Imperial. He wasn't sure. On the off chance he made an impulsive decision, it surprised him as much as anyone else.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4580 on: December 16, 2014, 06:42:31 PM »
"Infestation," Nareth responds promptly. "One of my people, in your mind. They would be capable of sharing the entire story, quite vividly." His refill arrives and he wraps his fingers around it, not sipping immediately. He is already feeling the first two glasses, and knows that the third may thoroughly impair his judgment.

"If you are interested," he continues, "I could retrieve one of my colleagues from my ship."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4581 on: December 17, 2014, 02:44:16 AM »
Nyr watches Mar, but does not stand himself.  "I would be lying if I claimed to be certain of what this other Highest is actually attempting to accomplish.  I can only conjecture from what little I see and what I would attempt to do given a similar opportunity.  I do not know if the threads extend through this "Ike," or if you suffer a purely direct connection with the foreign Mass."  He allows the implication to hang...he really has no idea if the severing will cause Ike pain or discomfort, though the connection with the Mass would likely protect him from annihilation.

Nyr strokes the weapon on his back a moment before continuing.  "This weapon, it is special.  I'm certain you have already noticed its aura.  I am just as certain that you already know its name.  It is called 'Dawn Shard,' and it is very effective at cutting dark-alligned Primal Mass, though it can cut the light as well given the proper...preparatio ns.  You would be touched by its light in the severing.  I can shield you from it somewhat, but it is impossible for me to protect you completely from its aura.  It will...burn.  But only for a few moments."

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4582 on: December 22, 2014, 02:35:51 PM »
Mar stiffened, looking over Nyr's weapon with a very wary expression. An image of a beautiful silver blade with an elaborately constructed hilt flashed through his mind. A katana with a similar sheen entered his mind, and he rather involuntarily grasped some of the fabric on his chest. What? What were these memories of, exactly? Conversing with Nyr was getting increasingly difficult.  Something squirmed and practically screamed inside him.

Nonetheless when he spoke, his voice rang out cold and harshly passionate. It was utterly different in character from the voice he had spoken in with Nyr, but would be familiar to someone in the Bar. "I have never seen the weapon before, but I have heard of this Dawn Shard among the old heads of our Council. I am well-known enough that my place is assured, and with that in mind they never dared to involve me. I know too well of weapons of its same kind-- There is too much history."

"Nonetheless..." Mar shuddered again, as if trying to hold onto their conversation. "...I understand the risks. Do it."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No way," said James without a hint of hesitation. "If you're trying to coerce me into something so you people can follow me around everywhere, I'm out. I won't have anyone else messing around in my body!" James crossed his arms and tried to look firm.

"What good is it to hide information in a place like this, though?" said James with a shrug. "The evidence suggests I'm not even from the same region of space that you are."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4583 on: December 22, 2014, 09:04:01 PM »
Nyr nods, his eyes flashing dangerously with an internal light.  "Very well...you understand that I will require your...friendship.. .in exchange."  He stands, moving toward the bar exit.  "Perhaps outside would be better...to avoid the prying eyes."  He exits the bar sedately, walking off a way into the forest clearing, trusting Mar to follow.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4584 on: December 23, 2014, 12:17:46 PM »
In the ship, Ike felt a sense of dred. Something bad was about to happen.

"I'm soprry, Elriss, but I must go. I am needed elsewhere. We'll pick up where we left off if I can."

Ike left the ship behind. He needed to find Mar. Something was calling out to him. It was both wary and angry. The Spirit of The One needed his assistance. He broke out into a run towards the bar.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4585 on: December 25, 2014, 01:18:57 AM »
Mar follows Nyr warily, maintaining his suddenly proud upright posture. He moved as if he constantly had somewhere to go. "What do you mean by "friendship?" said Mar, following Nyr. "You mean that if you are attacked I must swear to act as your ally under an Unbreakable Vow? I suppose I can live with that, if it means..."

Mar gulps, stumbling in mid-stride. He suddenly had a pounding, insistent headache. He felt as if he were fighting himself. "Agh!" He glanced at Nyr. "...I think someone is trying to...st--stop us..."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4586 on: December 25, 2014, 12:47:53 PM »
"At least while I am here, in essence...yes.  Though I say I would appreciate simple companionship alongside said assistance."  He turns to regard Mar, the foreign Mass almost seems to writhe within him.  "As much as I would savor such a beneficial partnership beyond this place, I understand the limitations our kind may face."  He looks on, almost seeming impassive.  "I'm certain it will try...you are a prize for it, a rare bauble that could lead to greater treasures.  It will guard you jealously until it has you completely enthralled.  But I'm sure you know all of this already."

Without preamble, Nyr pulls the staff from his back with his right hand, the weapon shifting imperceptibly to a beautiful gold and silver katana.  A dark cloud seems to envelope Nyr, his Mass pooling visibly to shroud the two dark Highest from the weapons blinding brilliance.  Nyr holds the weapon behind him, causing his darkened silhouette to backlight, long hair flaring out behind him.  "Sen!  Soretsu!"  He turns the weapon round to cross his own chest, curved blade facing upward, and drives it toward Mar's chest tip-first, his obvious intent to impale the avatar.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4587 on: December 25, 2014, 05:19:34 PM »
Ike sprinted toward Mar and Nyr's location, and saw Mar grab his head in pain. Nyr pulled out a weapon, and used magic to envelop the two of them. He pulled his gun out, and something inside him knew this was an enemy that must be brought down. His gun had two barrels, with one firing bullets and another firing beams. Usually he'd do one or the other, but this time he chose both.

"Get away from him!" He yelled as the shroud engulf him. Even though his eyes didn't see them, he knew where Nyr was, and let loose several shots. It wasn't like him to use his weapon like this at once. When in danger, he had other means to avoid conflict withut really hurting anyone. Something made him go immediately for the kill shot.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4588 on: January 03, 2015, 01:29:33 AM »
As Ike had last spoken, Elriss had noticed something-- the cabin of this Bug Fighter seems shorter than she's used to. After a brief investigation, she'd discovered that the rear had been a false wall, and had been so intent on prying it open that it had barely registered in her mind when Ike left. As long as she kept moving... kept busy... she didn't notice the growing hunger.

Finally, she gives up and simply melts the hinges on the false bulkhead with her Dracon. She takes several steps backwards to avoid the heat and fumes given off by the melting metal. Before she can step forward to finally rip the bulkhead free, however, she hears the sound of weapons fire coming from outside.

"The hell?" she mutters. She steps outside, looking around cautiously, Dracon in hand. There, across the field, are people... Ike? Sprinting across the field... firing shots at the other two figures?

"At least this place will never get old," she mutters, setting off towards them at a brisk walk. The hidden compartment could wait.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4589 on: January 03, 2015, 05:05:24 AM »
Mar's body tenses up as Nyr raises the sword above his chest. The entity Nyr seemed to be referencing was writhing in fear and panic, sensing the loss of its host. Mar himself feels a terrible loss about to take place, a truth about to be revealed that he was deliberately allowing the other Highest to hide from him. But Mar was, if nothing else, a proud creature with a lust for the Truth provided by his almighty, all-Knowing....*Blam Blam! TSEEEW*

Shots were ringing out with perfect accuracy across the field, either hitting or missing Nyr---Mar is not paying attention. There was blood seeping through his shirt from a sword wound to his chest. Mar is not even paying attention to that. What he is paying attention to is the bright light of the being that only he seems to be able to see. Possibly because he is, in fact, lying on the ground bleeding out. He is only standing in his mind, and somehow he knows this.

<Is this really what You want?> says the being, seeming worried for him. He trusts the creature.

<I want the Truth!> Mar says toward it in anger. <You deceived me!>

<You only deceived that avatar,> the being says warmly, despite what it is actually conveying. <You used Me for Your own selfish fantasies of redemption. We indulged Our Child.>

<And why should I agree to let You come back?! Why should I even allow you to dare control ME?!> Vicious, hateful black tendrils surged into the edges of the scene.

<Because I do not intend to simply disappear. If You don't let Me re-establish a connection, Your friend and My servant will find another way. He is terribly persistent. Besides...I don't have to deceive the Avatar to maintain order. There is a better way, you know. A way with Me, through Me. We could stop it from happening together. You don't have to die!> The being's concern sounded absolutely genuine in that last statement.

<You must be joking,> Mar says, shaking his head sadly. <You could not possibly do that.>

<Oh I intend to,> the being said, trembling with the weight of Its ambition. <I intend to be everything. I intend to save everyone. Nothing will be spared, and nothing will truly suffer or perish. Your dream made real, Prince. There is a gentler way.>

The being meant what It said. It may have been hubris. In fact it almost certainly was. But Mar smiled nastily. <Fine. I yield for now, if You will let Me be Me.>

And with that Mar returned, gasping for air.