Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 197604 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4350 on: December 09, 2013, 02:01:01 PM »
Elriss barks out a short laugh in spite of herself. She's clearly still tense, speaking to an Andalite, but she's beginning to feel more in control of the situation, and it shows in her posture.

Temser. Temser. Be the Temser.

<<I hope he chops my head off,>> supplies her host helpfully.

"Been away awhile, Andalite?" she says, now addressing him more authoritatively, her voice positively oozing contempt. "These hosts... are among our newer ones, yes. Tell me, what interest would an Andalite have in a few lowly Yeerks?"

"Oh, certainly," she mutters to Gallant. "It's a matter of killing before we're killed in return. This is a war, after all." She seems to have remembered a hint of her pre-drunken steely-eyed glare

Vixen chuckles, his eyes twinkling. "Yeah, I guess you could say that," he says to Gallant. "Turns out pulling a sleigh through the sky requires the power of flight. Where is it you're from? I..."

He stops speaking mid-sentence, and swings his large, antlered head to look out the window, in the direction of the lake. His expression has gone from jovial to wide-eyed and alert, and he stands stock-still, like... well, like a frightened deer. "Oh, no," he says quietly. "There are more of them." The tips of his antlers begin to take on a slightly lighter color.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4351 on: December 15, 2013, 05:55:20 PM »
On a computer console that was on the bar for general use, a message appeared.

FROM: Odysseus Morgan, Head of Security on Space Station Athena

[spoiler]Greetings, all! Long time no see. Just wanted to let folks know that myself, Gaz, and Dr. Asda have settled in a Space Station by name of Athena. Landed a job as head of Security here. Tough job keeping some of these characters in line, but it's a good place. Gaz opened herself a bar a lot like the one we left. So if anyone is in the area, come check it out. Say hi to us, we miss you all. Asda has a position as a Doctor in the Med Wing. Mostly we keep ourselves busy.

I promised you guys I would let you know when I found out the truth on my past. It was far different than anything I could have anticipated.

For the longest time I believed I was the product of some twisted secret experiment. My friend Julian, much like me except horse based, told me that was never the case. I always looked the way I do, and was born this way. One of a minority population on the worlds referred to as "Myths". Needless to say there are some who have strong feelings about sorts like myself and Julian.

When I was young, I met Andromeda, the woman who would be my wife. She was from an affluent family, and her folks were pushing her to see this one fellow. It was something of an arranged marriage situation. His family was also very wealthy and prominent. Well, at our first meeting we seemed to hit it off pretty well. We arranged to meet the next time my cargo route took me nearby. This went on for quite a few months, and then Andromeda broke it off with the other guy. She never liked him, claimed he was a jerk anyway. Andromeda and myself decided we had to be together no matter what. In the end her parents, who were against Myths, disowned Andromeda and cut her off. She didn't care. We got married not long after then found a place to settle down and start a family.

Little did we know that the fella Andromeda was supposed to marry took things a bit harder. He hired a rogue telepath, who also worked as a part time assassin, to mess with my head and make me believe a past that wasn't true. This guy wanted me to get myself in a position where I would be wanted by the government and be taken out. Not sure why this guy decided that such a convoluted plan would be best, but that's what he did. I guess, for the most part, it was working for a while. And ultimately it did work. I lost my wife, and in the end I missed my daughter growing up.

So, there ya have it. The truth behind what happened. Not what I was expecting, but at least I know now. You all be sure to come see me at Space Station Athena! Gaz said she'll give visitors from GESB a drink on the house.[/spoiler]

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4352 on: December 16, 2013, 09:43:21 PM »
Jocun 119 had arrived back at the bar for another vacation. He knew time was different here, and wondered if much time had passed, and if he'd meet new people. He landed his ship, which was a mixture of Andalite and Yeerk technology, and made his way to the bar. Inside, the Yeerk with a well built middle aged host searched the room. It was a new group indeed.

"An Andalite and imperials, I see. Not shooting each other is a good sign." He mused to himself. He ordered a drink and paid for it, then remained standing near the bar to watch what unfolded. He was in casual clothing himself, since he didn't want to alarm any unhosted Andalites or rebels. In his universe the war was already over, and practically everyone was a controller, so meeting unhosted Andalites the first time he was here was a bit of a surprise. He noticed the random deer as well, and wondered whose pet it was.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4353 on: December 30, 2013, 08:20:13 PM »
"It has been a long time," says Mar to Ike with a pleasant smile. True, something was nagging at the back of the Highest's mind--- something that told him that this was not quite what how he remembered it. But it had been decades-- no doubt his Highest self had gotten something lost in translation. "I think I'd prefer to have a drink before getting busy, wouldn't you?"

A drink was well in his mood. There was a spring in his step as he re-entered the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gallant blinks. A sleigh? Hmm. It must be cold wherever the Reindeer was from, and it also meant that there were more like him. Before Gallant can adequately respond to the Reindeer, the door re-opens. Another guest enters the Bar, and an unusually happy-looking Titanus was not far behind them. Gallant averted his gaze---that could not bear well on things--- and turned back to Rose.

"It baffles to my mind as to why you would be in war with blue monsters, but it seems important," he says with a slight grin. "They don't seem to be fond of you, either---these Andalites. Mind letting me in on the situation?"

He was aware at this point that he was getting in over his head, but that was nothing new.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 08:21:46 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4354 on: December 31, 2013, 09:08:02 AM »
Ike out his stuff back in the ship, and caught up with Mar inside the bar. Fortunately a fight hadn't broken out between the Andalite and the Yeerks. He noticed someone new, but decided to stick with his new comrade. He ordered himself a drink, paid for it, and took a seat.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4355 on: January 02, 2014, 08:50:03 PM »
"It's... kind of a long story," is Elriss's immediate, tense whisper in response to Gallant's inquiry. She frowns at the middle-aged man who makes his way to the bar, seemingly unconcerned with the happenings here. He walks past a computer console, drawing her eye to it, and she steps closer, skimming the words. "The Andalites fancy themselves masters of the universe. It is their wish to keep all other species... oppressed and controlled," she mutters to Gallant, but pauses once she realizes what the message on the screen says. Space Station Athena. That's not a name she recognizes... and the message goes on about 'myths' and telepaths... the message is utter nonsense, from the look of it. She resolves to look into 'Space Station Athena' and 'Odysseus Morgan' when she gets back to someplace civilized.

She turns back to Gallant, putting on her charming smile again, keeping her voice low and her eyes on the Andalite. "The Yeerks wish to travel the stars and to grow into the proud race we are capable of being. The Andalites would keep us confined to our world." She jabs a finger at Zaretil as she says the word 'Andalite,' the edge of anger slurring her voice.

Vixen stares, aghast, as Mar, and then Ike, casually enter the bar as though it were nothing. He frowns, Gallant and the weird blue centaur-thing forgotten for the moment, and he steps up behind Ike, his height and his antlers all but dwarfing the man. He sniffs Ike's shoulder once and wrinkles his nose, frowning.

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4356 on: January 02, 2014, 09:18:41 PM »
Ike turned to see the reindeer right next to him. He remembered the deer showing up right when the Venvolar disappeared, and thought he heard it talk. Obviously he was still here when Ike came back. "Uh, hi? Name's Ike. Do you drink?"

Jocun enjoyed his drink as he watched the crowd. The controller was talking to someone about the Andalite. Possibly a Human. He couldn't make out all she was saying, since she was apparently not trying to be too vocal. Probably for the best, given how close they were. Andalites were known for their fast tail blades.

He wasn't sure what to make of the reindeer, though. It seemed a normal sort, but he couldn't imagine it being a very practical pet. Unless the Bar had native fauna now.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #4357 on: January 18, 2014, 01:59:02 PM »
Vixen continues to glare at Ike, puzzling. "Oh, no doubt," he offers, his nose twitching. "Tell me, Ike, how's a down-home boy like you end up hanging around with... whatever that is," he nodded towards the Andalite, "without so much as batting an eye?"

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4358 on: January 18, 2014, 03:38:20 PM »
"Says the talking deer." Ike said quietly as he sipped his drink. "My people have been flying through space for quite some time. We've seen lots of things, including Andalites." He was obviously more put off by Vixen than by the Andalite. Despite looking like an animal native to Earth, most humans wouldn't imagine any sentient ones. He was even sure if Santa's flying reindeer were meant to be sentient. "Bartender, get my friend something to drink. On me." He said, producing some money from his pocket.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4359 on: January 21, 2014, 11:34:40 AM »
Mar smiles pleasantly at the familiar and at Ike. It was nice to have friends for a change. Although....he wasn't certain what he was supposed to be doing here, and this Bar made him very uneasy. Its unnatural aura reminded him of a....a part of him? No, obviously a memory. And it was not quite his own-- too wild and alien. He had always presumed himself civilized. Odd that his savior was a country bumpkin.

"However did you come to this place?" says Mar to Vixen, with a bit of a shrug. "I mean, did you teleport or fly? Or is your transport right here? Most people who cross through the area have something human in feature about them, making you the odd one out."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elriss' statement sounded like a recited piece of propaganda, so Gallant highly doubted it was the entire truth. However, there was also a hint of conviction in her slurred speech. It was becoming obvious that this organization the Yeerks were a part of was a country, and that they were at war with....a blue deer. Gallant rubbed his forehead. "This is....quite possibly the strangest place I've ever been to," Gallant says with a bit of a shrug. "Although I'm admittedly disappointed. I do not think I can 'join' a country, precisely."

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #4360 on: January 25, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »
Vixen narrows his eyes and frowns as Ike offers to buy him a drink. "Man, and I was wondering why I got dropped here. This place is just crawling with..." he sniffs at Ike again. "With whatever you are." He turns his head to the bartender, "I'll just have water. Don't go freakin' out on me about the talkin' deer now," he jokes, noting the bartender's unmistakably indifferent attitude.

He again turns and sniffs at Ike, looking a little confused. Finally he sighs. "I guess I might be overreacting. A little. There's something about you I just can't..." After a moment, he shrugs. "So... what'd you say that thing was? An Andalite? What is that supposed to be, some kind of weird magic centaur with..."

His words are cut short, however, when he notices Mar. "Well well. What do we have here?" he asks, sniffing the air around Mar, his face again growing stern. "I used the gate. The gate passed to us by the old ones," he answers absently, as his eyes continue to scrutinize Mar, down to the smallest detail. "I was wondering why it thought it was worth dropping me down just for that... thing. Maybe I ought to be asking you, though. What is it you're doing here? And how'd you get here?" He turns back to Ike, "I musta been smelling him after all. This won't take long."

"You're telling me," Elriss mutters to Gallant. "Never been somewhere quite... quite like this." When he talks about not being able to join a country, she smirks and tosses her hair. She's still on alert, but that doesn't mean she can't be a little... social as well.

"Hon," she says, her eyes roving down his form, "I'm sure you'll have no trouble joining my country."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:42:03 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4361 on: January 29, 2014, 01:58:53 PM »
Mar wondered what "old ones," Vixen meant, as in his experience there were many Old Ones. Still it wasn't his business, and anything too similar to his former life gave him a bad taste in his mouth. It was over, and there was no need to remember it. Someone else could do the entire dirty business without him.

"I was here to look for two old friends of mine," says Mar with a playful shrug. "I can only seem to find them here, and at the time they were the only two friends I had. Yet I now am free of that, and presumably am here to do the work of my Father. And presumably find out what in the world this Bar truly is. As for how I got here..."

Mar grins, as if imparting a great secret. He seems younger somehow, after performing Ike's ritual. "See, there are these holes in the world. If you're a warlock you can see them, and just walk right on through to somewhere else. It's easy."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gallant leans in with a smirk and says rather seductively, "I do hope it is a unique and glorious country, dear. I have ever so wanted to explore new places."

The pleasure of the strange woman's company truly wasn't bad at all. She and her companions seemed to be of little threat, afraid as they were of a monster race and paranoid to speak their true intentions. They had all the air of a group of people who thought they held a great secret but were of little importance. The monster didn't seem particularly brilliant either, running in deliriously and asking for a shredder. Gallant hoped there was someone in this war with two brain cells to rub together.

"What do you have to do in this country-changing ritual, exactly?" says Gallant. "Light candles? Swear fealty?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:46:20 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline NickGreen

« Reply #4362 on: January 31, 2014, 10:31:40 PM »
((Testing.... Sorry. Som of my posts get lagged out))
Using Tapatalk

Offline NickGreen

« Reply #4363 on: January 31, 2014, 10:45:54 PM »
Jerichi walks into the bar, wearing a United Religarian Trading shirt+cap, his tripod clawed feet, clawed five fingered hands, falcon-like head, and tannish-gray scales make him look menacing. His Shock Pistol on his side doesn't help with his look either. But if you look at his eyes you can see a glint of good mood in them. He scans the room and finds a open table and sits down. He seems a bit tired. Jerichi watches the door intently
Using Tapatalk

Offline NickGreen

Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4364 on: February 01, 2014, 09:43:36 PM »
Jerichi shakes his head and gets up, his mood downing slightly. He orders a drink from the bartender and looks for a place to sit. He looks around and takes a seat nearby Jocun
Using Tapatalk