Author Topic: RAF In Real Life  (Read 11330 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Re: RAF In Real Life
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2011, 07:22:57 AM »
I wouldn't mind taking on the editor role either. :P
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

radgeek

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2011, 11:23:34 PM »
]RAF Skype should be safe, Josh thought to himself. The mods might have instructions for us RAFians.
He turned on his laptop as his brother, Rat, asked questions about Josh's RPGs.
Since RAFSkype had not had activity since that morning, he sent the first IM in a long time.

Bear>> is anybody there?
Donut>> I'm so glad you're on
Donut>> This isn't Donut by the the way. This is Este. Donut had me log in for him.
Bear>> What happened to him?
Pokey>> Is something up with RAF today?
Donut>> He's a parrot.
Bear>> that's...almost funny...
Bear>> people who logged onto RAF today are being turned in to their personas.
Tyler>> i don't think it did anything to me.
Pokey>> I thought my uni blocked it but that sounds far more serious.
Tyler>> I didn't know that bears could type
Donut>> Something must have happened to you, Ty.
Bear>> I'm still human 'cuz J was sent to stop me from logging on.
Pokey>> Didn't this happen to Rad?
Tyler>> There might be a few more girls crushing on me in real life, but it's nothing dangerous.
Donut>> Yes, it did.
Donut>> *facepalm*
Pokey>> Have we heard from her?

Josh had spoken to her but not about the transformation. He wondered what light she could shed on this.

Bear>> I have her mother's number that I have for emergencies. Should I call it?
Tyler>> Yeah, lets find out how she's doing with Ma'at in her head.

Josh picked up his phone hesitantly. He paid his own bill so the call to New York would hurt. But he dialed nonetheless.

“Seal, you don't need to be seen by her,” Blue said. “Stay out of sight. I'll handle this.”
“I want to stay within ice shooting distance,” Seal said. “If she tries to pull anything I'll put ice between you two.”
“Is something wrong, Seal?” Blue asked.
“No,” Seal said. “Why do you ask?”
“You're not really acting like Beth,” Blue explained. “You have the confidence of your persona right now. Is this going to your head?”
Blue was right in a way. It was like she had morphed and had to deal with the instincts of the animal that she had morphed. Seal knew fear but had gotten out of tight spots before. And besides, this was easy compared to fighting a Realm Walker. “It might be,” she admitted. “It might be Seal's dislike of her I'm feeling too. I must remember that she hasn't logged in to RAF and doesn't have any powers from there.”
“Ok Seal,” Blue said. “You stay here. Don't do anything. I'll to the talking.”
Seal stayed behind a bush while Blue approached Almighty Queen.
“We've been having some cold weather lately,” Bryce said casually. “How long did you think it will last?”
“I wouldn't know, would I?” Queen said.
“Wouldn't it be weird if for some crazy reason that, I don't know, ice started, um, falling from the sky?” Blue's nerves were starting to get the better of him.
“Is there a point to this conversation?” she asked him. “Because you stink at talking about the weather.”
“Do you remember a forum called RAF?” Bryce asked quickly.
“Yes I do,” she said coldly. “What does this have to do with that?”
Blue shuffled his feet. “Uhh...some weird things have happened to the members there,” he said. “They have started turning into their personas.”
Queen jumped up and looked around. “They're after me, then aren't they? Thanks for the warning. Where would be a good idea to hide?”
“You aren't behind it?” Blue asked sounding confused. “We thought you did this.”
“Why would I when the RAFians would come after me in real life?” Queen said. “There is no reason to have the likes of Cloaky and Seal running around normal people. I bet a RAFian did it so he could have power for himself.”
Seal hadn't thought about that. She couldn't think of a member that wanted to be their persona that badly. “Let's go Blue; she doesn't know anything.” She came out of where she was hiding and saw the look on Queen's face. Fear. Seal smiled because she was so much more the human now, she was a RAFian.

A harsh coughing could be heard over the Skype call along with exclamatory shouts. “Snake! Snake!”
“What's that thing around her neck?”
“Kill it! Kill the freakin' thing!”
SQUALK! Assuming it was Ma'at, donut tried to stop them from killing the "snake"--the Goa'uld.
“That sounds like a dying cat,” Tyler commented.
Even if donut knew that Tyler could not see him, he pulled on his facial muscles to seem more threatening. But of course...birds don't have facial expressions.
“Don't kill anything,” Josh said. “What is going on over there Mrs. Geek?”
“Kill Jude!” Rad's voice said as soon as it could speak. “You Yeerk.”
“The mango was a mistake Christina,” a almost squeaky voice that donut didn't know said.
“It wasn't, Yeerks O'lot,” Rad spat. “I'm guessing he has Viks Vapo Rub in his pocket too. Would that be accidental? The Yeerk in your head isn't a part of the man I know as Jude. What is your real name?”
Donut could hear what sounded like a scuffle and a zat gun shot. It would seem that “Jude” was just shot with Rad's zat, so he was unconscious. <You should have used the ribbon device,> donut grumbled. <She could have gotten intel from him that way.>
“Rad, donut said you should have used your ribbon device,” Este said.
“That might hurt Jude and I'm not willing to do that,” Rad explained.
A disapproving squeal came from the computer speakers hurting donut's sensitive macaw ears.
“Ma'at thinks otherwise I see,” Rad said. “I how you don't mind if I don't want to be your host right now.”
<Finally,> donut said with a squawk. <Rad should had learned a long time ago that having someone that can take your body against your will living in your head can't be good.>
“How can she last without a host?” Tyler asked.
Rad sounded sad. “She'll only have a few hours.”
“Then you shouldn't let her die,” Tyler said. “What if the person that you were before dies with Ma'at? Rad going back to normal might mean risking your life a bit. Could you be her host again for me?”
A sound of flesh being torn through could be heard.
“Tyler's done something to mom,” Gymn's voice said. “She's taking Ma'at back.”

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2011, 11:47:05 AM »
OMG EXCITING

*just realized* Wouldn't Demonseal be in my head in this...?  Oh God.  >.<
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2011, 01:28:22 PM »
Did Pokey log in to RAF and just wasn't affected because she doesn't really have a RAFsona yet?  Or did she not log in?  I was a tad confused there.

I love that AlmightyQueen was in this chapter.  I thought for sure that she'd be some big baddie and then she just wanted to hide from all the RAFians, haha.  Lol, if she tried to log onto RAF, would she cease to exist?

Anyway, great chapter!

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2011, 03:25:04 PM »
Rad, are you including Cobra in my persona or just Gymn?
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Blocky97

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I don't have time to be sane.
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2011, 07:04:55 PM »
I just read this...

Amazing, brilliant, realistic. Just awesome, I wish I was in it!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2011, 04:10:28 AM »
Wow! This is insanely cool. I'd love to be a Jedi, or a morally confused Sith. ;D

The writing is great. You got Tyler's responses freakin' perfectly!!!

Keep writing! If you need other editors, I'm definitely available!
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

radgeek

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2012, 08:30:20 PM »
(((authers note: Este's character was made before she came out about her head mates.  Her character is based on the person I knew then.  This chapter is dedicated to grandma.  She died while I was writing this chapter where she gets cured.)))

Chapter 6
Yvonne wondered why they were letting her go. She could tell the press or the police but she knew that they wouldn't believe her. Jude was Merlin's host now and he was enslaved, now facing a fate worse than death. Christina—or Rad, or whatever she was—wouldn’t hurt Jude...would she? But that was the only person that would believe her and stop the cabal. That was, if she could.
She tried to go to the Geek house but was stopped by a cabal member. She hadn't seen Gall turned in to a freaky nightmare, but she couldn't doubt that he was one of them now too.
“Yvonne,” he said with a sneer. “What are you doing in this part of the city? You're in the forty-fifth assembly district. This is Christina’s distr—”
“I can walk wherever I want,” she said. “I've had my very head violated by Merlin and I'm going to tell the Geeks what’s going on.”
“What are you talking about?” Gall asked.
Yvonne took her bag and hit him on the side of my head and ran away, hoping that her paranoia wasn't getting the best of her.

To avoid the people and their questions, Blue took Seal by the arm  and moved faster. “Could you teleport us out of here Seal?” Blue asked.
“I need to recover my energy first,” she answered. “Teleporting two people takes a lot out of me.”
“Then I'll try to reach the other RAFians from my cell phone while you rest,” Blue assured. “I won't log on to RAF, I promise.”
Seal nodded but was aware of how a seal didn't belong in city streets. “Ok, I'm starting to get hungry. Is there anything around here a seal can eat?”
“Don't seals eat raw fish?” Bryce asked while making a face. “Can you at least eat it cooked?”
“I hope so,” Seal said as she looked at the shops around. “There’s a restaurant with fish there but I doubt that they will serve me.”
“Could you hide in that fire escape? I'll bring you the food.”
Seal started to rise up on a bubble of water. “Yeah that should work. Just be fast, ok?”
Bryce nodded before going over to the cafe. They had a plate of fried cod fish and fries and thought that Seal would be nice enough to share her fries with him. But when he came outside he was astonished to see meatle (WHAT?) tumbleweeds staking themselves to try to reach the fire escape. “Seal!” He ran closer and was showered with ice shards that Seal was using to fight off the tumbleweeds.
“Get out of here, Blue!” she shouted as her ice forced one of the tumbleweeds off her landing on the fireescape.
“And go where? You’re my ride home!” Bryce took a French fry from the take out bag for getting closer with the snack secured under his shirt. Two of the tumbleweeds turned to him. He swiftly ducked the first one but and other caught him and began to creep its way around him entrapping him in the centre.
“I told you to go,” Seal reproached with a weary voice.
Bryce tried to force himself free of the trumbleweed. “I'm not leaving you!”

Mrs. Geek looked at the small animal that had just called her daughter mom. “That isn't donut's, right?”
“No, and thank goodness I didn't become my RAFSim,” Ma'at allowed her voice to be heard for what it was. ”I would kill Blue if that happened.”
“Donut says you should not have Ma'at till all the mango is out of your system,” Este said to relay donut. “You don't have long till you start reacting again.”
”I can stay long enough to find a new host,” Ma'at said. ”Unless Rad throws up, I'm going to need that. Does anyone here think Humbleness or grandma could be convinced to take me in?”
“That thing is going NOWHERE near me!” Humbleness shot a glare at Ma’at.
Mrs. Geek saw her daughter bend over again and the parasite almost flew to grandma. The sound of flesh being cut so Ma'at could make a path to her brain stem was heard over the shouting. Grandma's eyes were wide with horrour and pain as the parasite took its place.
“She's the cure for cancer,” Rad said with a smile. “If there was time to explain she would have accepted.”
“No,” grandma said when Ma'at was in place. “What is it-she doing?” Her eyes glowed a bit yellow as Ma'at was in able to take control. ”You should be thankful. I'm doing a lot of healing here. I'll only need to be here a few hours.”
“That'll cure her,” Rad said happily. “Grandma, you'll be in perfect health.”
Gymn shot Rad a look. Rad, she's a Goa'uld she can't be trusted. And I felt what Tyler did to you.
He did nothing. I'm fine, Rad thought back to her son.
Is there anything different about his voice? the child asked.
An odd blush passed over Rad's face. I noticed that it's nice.
Another caller joined the Skype conversation. “Who is on?” goom asked.
“Myself, Rad, Gymn and Yeerks A Lot are here with her entire family...and a few friends,” Ma'at started. “Josh, Tyler, Este and donut from elsewhere in the lands beyond.”
“I'm here with Myit, Tara, Teach, Brian and Marie here,” goom said. “It's happened to each of us too.”
“It ain't happened to me or Tyler yet,” Bear reported.
Rad's grandma looked at Gymn. “Gymn and I think there is something wrong with Ty.”

Dino was in the middle of nowhere RAF wise. She didn't have any RAFians near where she lived. Goose had been sent by the Ellimist so she wouldn't be alone. But she wasn't too keen on being taken and caged if she was found. <Is anybody around?> she asked Goose while he was in the air.
<There are some cars coming up the road, but if this works they will be gone by the time we do this,> he said as he circled back to the ground. <If it works. Will it work?>
<I don't know,> she answered. <I wrote it into my character at one point but that is a few posts not much more.> She reach one of her small hands down to Goose and stroked his feathers.
As the Canadian goose's muscles relaxed, Dino knew that he wanted to smile. <I think I'm the first person to ever be acquired and morphed.>
<Not truly morphed though,> Dino explained. <The way I wrote this, the only thing I'm acquiring is your size. I'm still a nothlet but I might be able to change my size.>
<Well I got spacey so guess that is a good sign,> Goose said waddling away from Dino a bit. <Try it before someone sees you.>
Dino concentrated on the Goose body. She began to shrink. <I think it’s working,> she said.
<This makes you the first person to morph,> Goose said. <Sorta.>
<We can't be sure because another RAFian might have done it first,> she said. <But here's to hoping I was first.>

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »
Another great chapter!  Cool, I'm the first RAFian to 'morph'!  :D

Lol, should have found a sushi restaurant for Seal, if it's raw fish she wanted.  :P

Offline Blocky97

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
Greatness, indeed. There is some serious talent on this forum.  :D

radgeek

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »
Thank you.  I'm not sure if she wanted raw fish she just knows its what Seal's eat.  The whole being a Seal thing might take some getting used to.

Offline Blocky97

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
If I was this  ;) id probably have to deal with a need for a huge amount of food.

Offline QIfry

• A 28 year old that won't grow up. Growing up sucks
    • M.O.R.P.H. - An Animorphs Fancomic Series
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2012, 08:30:50 PM »
Morphing RAF?! *does into a daydream-like state* But ya, we got some serious talent here in the forum. Like me I'm still doing my M.O.R.P.H. comic on Deviantart.

radgeek

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2012, 08:55:18 PM »
Y'all like this story way too much.  There isn't much talent here.

New chapter.

chapter 7
Cloaky did as he always has and returned to RAF.  But he knew something was wrong.
“Cloaky,” a girl said as she ran up to him followed by a bear and Blue.  “Do you know what's going on?”
Cloaky didn't know who the pain human was before him.  “Seal? Is that you?”
“Yes,” she said.  “I'm one of the RAFians that has been turned into a human.  I'm so glad you're here.  I just wish that it we were doing better.”
Cloaky noticed that all around him there were less people that seemed like they were themselves.  The place didn't feel right anymore.  As he got closer to Seal he could sense interference from another realm on her.  “How did this start?”
“We don't really know,” Blue said.  “We just know Rad was first.  Bear was there at the time.”
The animal nodded.
“Where is she now?” Cloaky asked hoping to help RAF again.  “She might know something.”
Blue, Seal and Bear lead Cloaky to a room where Rad, Donut, Jess, Goose and Goom were playing Risk.  Only Jess hadn't been touched by the condition.  A tall dark haired man in a t-shirt and khakis seemed to be telling a small short haired woman where her pieces were.  A blond man with glasses and a fairly nondescript man watched on with Jess.
“You should attack Britain,” the tall one advised.
“We think not,” the short haired brown said.  “We think we should win all of Canada first.”
“You are too attached to that country,” the tall one said again.
“Some of us really like that country,” the man known as Goose said.
“See Donut,” the short haired girl said with a smug smile.
Seal placed a flipper on the girl’s arm.  “Before you and Donut start arguing again, could Cloaky ask a few questions?”
“Cloaky?” Rad said.  “As in the Realm Walker?”
“Yes,” Seal said.  “You’ve heard of him?”
“Indeed,” she replied.  “We didn’t hear him come in with you.  Though we did here Blue and Bear.”
“How did you hear me?  I’m a ninja,” Blue asked.
“What this body lacks in site it makes up in for in hearing,” she smiled.
“You can’t see?” Cloaky asked.
“We can see things within a few inches of my face nothing more,” she replied.  “Donut has been wonderful.  He was our seeing eye parrot then,” she looked over at him affectionately, “he became a man.  He should be an Andalite though, like he was before he became a parrot nothlet.”
“Why do you know you keep referring to yourself as if you were more than one person?”
“Because we sort of are,” she said.  “We are called Rad because she is the host.  When you look at us you see her.  We aren’t human and Goa’uld now.  We are just human with two beings in the brain.”
“Goa’uld, yes I spent sometime in the Stargate realm.  I didn’t feel like staying long.”
“This place is far too open to parasites,” Donut said but with soft tones.  “They trashed their world then they come here.”
Cloaky then got a hint that Rad and Donut might be unable to hate each other like they wanted people to think they did.  He looked at Bear who rolled his eyes then nodded his head.  Only on RAF could an Andalite and a parasite get along that well.  Cloaky knew he couldn’t waste time. But at the same time he knew that in the end those two would be changed back to their old selves.  Would that change anything between them?

J got bored in the wooded area by Josh’s house.  He fumbled around the pockets of his Grammar Nazi uniform.  There was an odd device with a red button and he pressed it.
Since then J had been staying on the out skirts of RAF, spying and unable to believe his eyes.  Real RAF.  It was real!  But there were too many humans.
“J.”
He turned to see Tarra in normal clothes holding a gun.  “Huh?”
“Cloaky wants to talk to everybody that has turned.”
“Who?”
“An old RAFian that returned just in time to investigate this,” she said.
“Investigate why RAF is coming to real life?” J questioned.
“What?”
“Rad started it,” J said.  “Then I found a device in my pocket and I started pressing buttons and wound up here.  I’m sorry I don’t know how to go back.”
“Go back where?”
“Reality.”

Seal and Blue struggled against the tumbleweeds but failed.  The ironic cages rolled their way there the streets till they slide down a chute to and underground lair.  Queen’s underground lair.  The tumbleweeds stopped and Seal and Bryce were trapped by RAF’s biggest nemesis.
“You fell for my act,” she smiled now wearing her royal robes instead of street clothes.  “Good.  I didn’t think I would have a way to get some of the power from RAFians so early.  But you’re hung up on me as a villain.  Nice to know I’m missed that much.”
“What are you going to do?” Seal said.
“I’m going to extract the power from your RAFsona,” she said with a dark glee in her voice.  “I’ll take it for myself or sell it to the highest bidder.”
“It won’t work,” Blue said.  “You aren’t your RAFsona.  You can’t think of these evil schemes.”
Queen ran an USB cable from Seal’s cage to a machine in the centre of the room.  “I’m not my RAFsona?  I don’t think you should make assumptions, Blue.”  She had a yellow canister that looked straight out of Monsters Inc. and attached it to the rest of her rigging.
Seal tried freezing the cable from inside the tumbleweed but the branches moved to block the ice.  “I’ll find my way out of here.”
Bryce watched her brace herself as Queen started using the controls.  Seal let out a moan as Bryce saw her energy drain.
Queen laughed evilly as her canister filled.  “All of Seal’s RAFness is now in my hands.”
Bryce had no idea what that could mean.  But he was thinking of a plan as he watched the ball of white fluff collapse in the cage next to him.

How had this happened to RAF? Goom could hardly understand the confusion on Rad’s end of the call.  “Could we focus? We need to organize ourselves until Rad, Ma’at and Gymn have a handle on what’s going on in New York.”
“When you mean organize are you talking about placing transformed RAFians to environments suitable for their current forms?” Este inquired.
“That would be one thing,” Goom said.  “I’m thinking about the yeerks that are going to need to feed within three days and non-morphing non-earth creatures that might not be able to walk around safely.”
“I propose that accommodations be made to help RAFians that now have inabilities like Donut,” Este said.
There was a squawk of disapproval.
“You don’t have hands and you are using thought-speak that can’t be heard over current human technology.”
“Family relations for those that have families that won’t understand this,” Humbleness added.
“Agreed,” Josh said.
“Ty has transformed,” Ma’at said after gaining confidence in her ability to modify her new host’s voice.  ”I could feel his power in Rad.  He can make woman fall in love with him.”
Josh started laughing.  “That would be so funny.”
“Rad won’t be swept away as long as Donut is on the call,” Myitt joked.
Gymn flapped to his mother’s computer.  “If we get a cure for this it might not need so much organisation.”
“The kid has a point,” Ma’at said without modify the host’s voice.  Who knows what was going on in Grandma Geek’s head?
“But, how do we get that?” Goom asked.
“We could start with Merlin,” Gymn said fluttering over to Jude’s passed out body.  “Mom thinks it started with him.”
Rad was close but still wrong.