Author Topic: Animorphs Know the Secret PC Game  (Read 11294 times)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
Re: Animorphs Know the Secret PC Game
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 08:43:22 PM »
Or you could download it directly from the link I have up. Torrents don't make much sense to me when there is a direct download available.  :confused24:

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2008, 08:45:56 PM »
I don't even get how torrents work.

Offline jtuttle

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »
I don't even get how torrents work.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_(protocol):
To share a file or group of files, a peer first creates a small file called a "torrent" (e.g. MyFile.torrent). This file contains metadata about the files to be shared and about the tracker, the computer that coordinates the file distribution. Peers that want to download the file first obtain a torrent file for it, and connect to the specified tracker, which tells them from which other peers to download the pieces of the file.

-- J.P.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »
What do you think the chances are I understood that?

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2008, 09:00:13 PM »
English version: There is a file. Seeders are people who have the completed file and are keeping their torrent application open so others can download it off them. Leechers are the people downloading the file. If there are more leechers then seeders, it will go slowly, which is the usual case, as there are more people trying to get it, then there are that have it.

Offline crystalclear

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2008, 03:32:01 AM »
Wait, Truth uploaded a direct link file, not a torrent ??? What are you downloading, slushieman?

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2008, 05:08:40 AM »
That's exactly what I mean! lol. The link I have up on my forum is direct, and will work constantly as long as people want to use it. You don't have to worry about seeding it at all. The torrent makes no sense to me, but whatever.  :confused24:

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2008, 12:02:04 PM »
Wait, Truth uploaded a direct link file, not a torrent ??? What are you downloading, slushieman?

He was/is downloading from the torrent I created. But as Truth said, direct methods are available at his site, and via RAF 

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2008, 08:53:40 PM »
I have the PC game demo up to download on Hirac Delest, and I own the actual game itself. If you guys really want, I can upload it.
Yes Truth, it'll be awesome ;D And it will bring the site one step closer to completeness. ;)

Haha, nice. Although, it'd screw everything up completely if Scholastic decided to sue me for it and told me to shut it down. *whistles* :-\

You have the game uploaded on Hirac delest? where is it?
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2008, 08:54:53 PM »
hirac-delest forum, not website...

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2008, 09:05:38 PM »
Ok truth, before I download this into my brand new laptop I just need to know the chances of this giving my computer any type of virus!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2008, 09:12:50 PM »
Ok truth, before I download this into my brand new laptop I just need to know the chances of this giving my computer any type of virus!

I'm not gonna guarantee anything, since there are a million different things that are going on in your computer that I don't know about or have any control over. But, I do know for sure that this does not have any virus because I checked it out myself and made sure everything was okay before releasing it. And I take VERY good care of my computer.

I'm not sure how compatible the game is if you're running Vista though, since I don't have that. But on Windows XP it works great. :)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2008, 09:17:30 PM »

I'm not gonna guarantee anything, since there are a million different things that are going on in your computer that I don't know about or have any control over. But, I do know for sure that this does not have any virus because I checked it out myself and made sure everything was okay before releasing it. And I take VERY good care of my computer.

I'm not sure how compatible the game is if you're running Vista though, since I don't have that. But on Windows XP it works great. :)

ok thnx, I have windows XP too

Glaflafock

Offline crystalclear

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2008, 02:31:32 AM »

He was/is downloading from the torrent I created. But as Truth said, direct methods are available at his site, and via RAF 

Oh sorry. I never check the front page so I had NO idea that you have a torrent up ;)

Offline XenomorphLV426

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2008, 01:47:21 AM »
Say...does anyone know how to catch the ****roaches in the very first level after the tutorial?  :( :P  I'm feeling kind of pathetic here, unable to figure out a game designed for elementary/middle school kids.

They disappear like really quickly as soon as you walk into the janitor's room, and pressing the action button doesn't seem to do jack.  The game won't let you progress (morph behind the building), I'm guessing until you've caught the bugs.  Rachel's annoying voice-actor says something like "I think there's something else we need to do first..." and you feel like breaking stuff in frustration.

This game is so like addictively bad in a strangely fun kind of way.  It's awful, but it's Animorphs, and I want to play through it once just because it's something Ani-related I haven't done yet.

Beaten by a bunch of roaches.  How sad.  :(