Author Topic: Animorphs Film  (Read 30941 times)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
Re: Animorphs Film
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 05:12:42 PM »
I didn't even relize Andalite had fur(or more than 5 fingers) until I saw the show
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 01:04:35 AM »
Andalites always had seven fingers and blue fur.

Anyway, I think the only way a movie could work is if they adapted The Invasion into a two-hour long film. It'd feel like nothing more than an ambitious TV pilot that somehow got on the big screen but it's the only logical approach. Introduce Ax in the sequel?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 11:43:04 AM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 01:09:51 AM »
Anyway, I think the only way a movie could work is if they adapted The Invasion into a two-hour long film. It'd feel like nothing more than an ambitious TV pilot taht somehow got on the big screen but it's the only logical approach. Introduce Ax in the sequel?

ya know Yorick, that might just work... altho, to make it work, it'll have to be like apocalypse now, and it'll have to go for what, 3 hours? 3 1/2? maybe...

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Touquie

• ShamWOW!
  • God
  • Just Dancing in the Dark
    • Touquie's YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 01:26:47 PM »
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_there_going_to_be_a_animorphs_movie
Q: Is there going to be a animorphs movie?

Answer
Yes, there will be.

Answer:

Yeah, I think there is, but it's not gonna come out for quite a while and I don't think you can look up much about it 'cause there's limited information. It's in cartoon format, from what I've heard. I dunno, maybe there making it into a live action thing, too. But, I'm counting on the cartoon.

I wouldn't trust this though...it doesn't seem all that reliable. 

When I was searching for any new info about a possible Animorphs movie I noticed that that there are other forums out there that were quoting the RAF post about a possible movie :D  There were two power rangers forums and one other animorphs forum.  Lol, when I was looking at the other ani forum I just kept thinking, "Oh yeah?  Well KA HERSELF came to our forum!  HaHAH!"
I'm RAFmarried to my Pookie, Charlie ;D

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 08:13:42 PM »
Never, never, trust Wikipedia for reliable information. Anyone can change stuff on there. K.A herself doesn't even know what the full details are, so how can they?

People are incredibly naive when it comes to stuff like this. They listen to a few rumors and assume it's the truth. The movie isn't confirmed yet. The last we heard, it was only being pitched by someone to be considered as a movie. There has been no news on whether it was actually picked up, or pushed aside for later consideration.

Don't get your hopes up unless you actually see a press release about it, or if K.A actually comes in here and says "Guys, we're getting a movie!"

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 08:21:23 PM »
Don't believe the krap about how Wikipedia is unreliable. >:(
I work on it and know for a fact that everyone in it takes vandalism and accuracy very seriously.
I'd say only around 3% at any given time is something inaccuarate.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 06:03:01 AM »
Since this thread seems to be about all things related, lets talk director. I gave the matter some thought and my personal choice would be Matt Reeves of Cloverfield fame.
First of all, Cloverfield, come on, easily one of the best films of the year. Specifically I liked how he was able to show the monster destroying the city in the background, but the focus of the film was very much the people on ground level, the human story really came though. Plus even with everything going on he was able to inject a little humor (I found the conversation about the 'flaming homeless guys' hilarious). Also having a background in TV drama and not just big budget sci-fi means he's not just about the monsters and can show people's lives and show character development
I would be happier with an Animorphs film in the hands of a 'grown up' director, rather than someone who's whole background is kids films, I can trust him not to sanitise the darker aspects of the plot.
You should never go in there without a mongoose. (James Bond, Live and Let Die)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 07:33:01 AM »
Don't believe the krap about how Wikipedia is unreliable. >:(
I work on it and know for a fact that everyone in it takes vandalism and accuracy very seriously.
I'd say only around 3% at any given time is something inaccuarate.

Please show me stats or some sort of proof of where you got this % fact from. (Are you saying the 3% is a guess of inaccuracy of the pages you handle, or all of Wikipedia?)

Either way, I wasn't arguing about how the staff doesn't handle vandalism or accuracy responsibly. I was saying that it still does happen regardless, and I'm right at this moment because Wikipedia is inaccurate in the answer posted in the above link.

I'm also not looking to argue with you, or get off-topic about this. I just wanna make sure that people know the actual facts about the film, rather than the rumors posted. Don't take it personally.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 11:52:46 AM »
Directors:

-Todd Holland
-Bryan Spicer
-Joe Dante
-Brian Henson
-Simon Wells
-Mikael Salomon
-Stephen Norrington
-Joe Johnston
-Stephen Hopkins

How about any of them, Mongoose?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:30:42 PM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 12:07:34 PM »
I really don't care since I don't know any of them.

Offline WildAtHeart

• My Myspace
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 12:39:57 PM »
My dream director would be Joss Whedon. Buffy/Angel showed how he can balance drama,action, & humor. And Serenity/Firefly showed how he knows how to do sci-fi related stuff.

and with Buffy, he took someone you wouldn't expected to be a hero, a ditzy cheerleader, and showed how fighting made her "grow up." I could see him doing that with Animorphs cause you have regular teens being heros

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 01:25:58 PM »
But hes never really done movies, especially not a big summer blockbuster like this would have to aim towards

sonnenfield might be okay, hes experience with big sci-fi movies, but this is a slightly different kind

i thought alfonso cuaron did a good job on prisoner of azkaban, that might work

bryan singer was good with the x-men movies, and i guess he did what he could with superman returns, but he might not be dark enough

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 01:40:43 PM »
I just hope now they do the aliens right.
I saw the TV pilot the other day on youtube. You saw so very little of the andalites and the hork-bajir looked like a giant mutated chicken!

If Mike & the Bots were watching, they'd see the hork-bajir and say "It's the kind of chicken they serve at KFC!"

Offline WildAtHeart

• My Myspace
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 01:46:39 PM »
i don't think the fact that Joss has never directed a blockbuster should count against him.  He has written and co-written blockbusters before: Toy Story,Speed,Alien:Resurrection.  And X-Men: The Last Stand's plot was almost an exact copy of a storyline he wrote for the comic. He just got a horror movie idea of his greenlit for production

if they go by who directs blockbusters, we might get someone like Michael Bay, who ruins basically every movie he touches but still walks around with all this arrogance, like his movies are God's Gift to mankind lol

and i'm not sure if Alfonso Cuaron would work, because only two of his movies are good.

Bryan Singer could be good if he can do as good a job as he did on the X-men films. 

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 01:50:25 PM »
Not Spielberg, because he oversentimentalizes just about every movie he ever touches. :(