Author Topic: ANIMORPHS MOVIE POSTER  (Read 10648 times)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
Re: ANIMORPHS MOVIE POSTER
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 08:30:45 AM »
Don't know how anyone could think this was real. They'd have to work on the script, hire a director, begin the casting process, and find the direction of art & cinematography (the 'look' of the film) before they even considered releasing an official poster.

Oh, and a official press release would probably also be released sometime after the movie was even green-lit, so we'd know about the movie well ahead in time before the poster even came out.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2009, 12:16:20 PM »
Not to mention that it's pretty easy to find out what films actually are going to be distributed through Paramount over the next couple of years.
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »
The only reason I didn't instantly think it was fake is because it wasn't a newbie who posted it. I'm not at all shocked that it's fake though.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
 dang that was good Ellimist.

however, for a movie poster, kinda vague..
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 02:04:12 PM »
lol nice poster. didnt fool me though. like someone else said it had a deviantarty feel to it, not like a profesional movie poster. i still have hope for an animorphs revival though. i mean if they're doing a wild things movie than animorphs cant be too far away
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 02:41:19 PM »
I really don't get how you people separate professional work from average work here... if that poster was average work, what's professional work look like?

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 05:18:38 PM »
like this

or this

or this

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2009, 05:25:43 PM »
Haha guys! some of you totally thought it was real!! I made it!

figures.
what's that supposed to mean? :(

i figured it was fake.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2009, 05:31:03 PM »
lol nice poster. didnt fool me though. like someone else said it had a deviantarty feel to it, not like a profesional movie poster. i still have hope for an animorphs revival though. i mean if they're doing a wild things movie than animorphs cant be too far away

OK now I'm starting to get offended. First off, that poster was A TON of work! I started off with this Image:

for the background and I had to do A TON of adjustments to get it to look like it does in the poster.
I followed a tutorial found here: http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/designing-tutorials/create-an-intense-movie-poster-in-photoshop/ (and as you can see, creating the forest is a 42 step process on its own. Lets see YOU make that in photoshop. I almost gave up halfway).
Please, I did all this work, and people say its an amateur-looking job? Gee thanks guys. And just to be clear: I'm not trying to say I'm a professional or anything, I just like to take pride in my work.

Now, someone asked how I made the Andalite.
1: I took a picture of a horse, and erased the head and tail.
2: I took a picture of a guy without a shirt on, and got rid of all but his torso and arms and head (this guy to be exact:  )

3: then I took the stalk eyes and ears from one of the Animorphs books, and the tail from the Andalite Chronicles cover.

Oh and, for a Professional comparison, (I know blue just posted some) look at this poster:

I could easily make this in Photoshop (I can do so if you want proof). All the skills I learned while making my poster could help me make this one.
I really don't get how you people separate professional work from average work here... if that poster was average work, what's professional work look like?

And thank you morfowt! (i'm assuming that was intended as a compliment lol)

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2009, 05:33:17 PM »
it wasn't the art that tipped me off. (you didn't do a bad job. i'm not saying that.)
it was the fact that you gave a specific date (1/21/11).

a movie not scheduled to come out for 2 years wouldn't have a precise date like that.
it'd be 'fall of 2011' or something.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2009, 05:46:14 PM »
like this

or this

or this

and the difference between these 3 and the one ellimist made is?

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2009, 06:00:23 PM »
adam's is just obviously photoshoped. the cropped images of all 6 Animorphs don't fit in with the background

Glaflafock

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2009, 06:03:25 PM »
huh? i don't get what you mean by not fit into the background. the animorphs use the forest a lot. why doesn't it fit?

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »
I really don't get how you people separate professional work from average work here...

The secret is:

[spoiler]they can't![/spoiler]

The real difference between professional work and amateur is that someone pays for professional.  This has only a minor impact on quality: hopefully people won't pay for complete crap.  If something's good it can be either professional or amateur--and it's worth noting that several of my favorite books, most of my favorite albums, and almost all of my favorite translations are amateur work.

adam's is just obviously photoshoped. the cropped images of all 6 Animorphs don't fit in with the background

So?  Pros use Photoshop, too.  It's kinda an industry standard, if you haven't noticed.  That's like complaining about CD because it "obviously was studio-recorded."   ::)

For what it's worth, Adam's work is every bit as nice as the Avatar one.
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2009, 06:31:39 PM »
like i said. its good. but the difference is not actually in the design. which is pretty good. its just that since its not real there are stuff that tip it off, (like what goom pointed out). things like that. its not in the actual work, which is good.
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?