Author Topic: Comparing Animorphs to Doctor Who and Doctor Who to Animorphs  (Read 809 times)

Offline planetstella

This is where Whovians/Animorphians discuss the similarities and differences between Doctor Who and Animorphs

Offline planetstella

Re: Comparing Animorphs to Doctor Who and Doctor Who to Animorphs
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 12:16:04 AM »
So, any Whovians here?

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:08 AM »
It...usually takes more than a minute since you've posted the thread for someone to respond, just a heads-up.  Give it a couple of hours, or a day or two.

As for the topic at hand, I don't really see much in the way of similarities aside from both featuring aliens & time travel in a general sense.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:56:29 AM by NothingFromSomething »

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline planetstella

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 01:19:15 AM »

It...usually takes more than a minute since you've posted the thread for someone to respond, just a heads-up.

As for the topic at hand, I don't really see much in the way of similarities aside from both featuring aliens & time travel in a general sense.

I generally compare the Daleks/Timelords with the Yeerks/Andalites and figure out how the wars would've played out if it was Yeerks against Timelords and Daleks against Andalites

Offline Andalite_Shorm

• deviantART
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 03:07:30 PM »
I get where you're coming from, and my knowledge in the field of sci-fi is limited at best (Animorphs, Doctor Who and Guardians of the Galaxy being the most sci-fi things I've watched/read) but I'd say a lot of stories feature wars between two races, especially in sci-fi

There are some fanfiction crossovers on fanfiction.net though :P never read 'em myself but that's what a Google search showed up :D

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 02:41:30 AM »
I always thought The Andalite Chronicles had a very Whovian vibe to it.  The tone and everything just made it feel like an episode of the show to me, dunno why.
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 11:39:47 AM »

It...usually takes more than a minute since you've posted the thread for someone to respond, just a heads-up.

I generally compare the Daleks/Timelords with the Yeerks/Andalites and figure out how the wars would've played out if it was Yeerks against Timelords and Daleks against Andalites

If a Yeerk infested a Timelord, would the Timelord be able to resist (using his stronger mind)?

Daleks vs Andalites: I doubt that Andalite tail blades would be able to penetrate Dalek armor.

Offline planetstella

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 11:45:23 AM »

If a Yeerk infested a Timelord, would the Timelord be able to resist (using his stronger mind)?

Daleks vs Andalites: I doubt that Andalite tail blades would be able to penetrate Dalek armor.

My thoughts exactly :P and it’s more like a casing, not armour... Anyway, that comparison makes it seem like Doctor Who is a biiiiit OP at times XD