Author Topic: Nice to meet you!  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Liora

• Political Animorphs
Nice to meet you!
« on: February 15, 2014, 03:38:49 PM »
Hi, I'm new here. I was obsessively into Animorphs from roughly ages 12-14. (Yeah, I guess I was a bit too old for it by the end there.  :XD: ) It must have had a profound effect on me, because over a decade later, I'm getting back into the series. I've started a re-read blog and am thinking of writing some teleplays based on the series. (I have no illusions that it'll be turned into a real TV show, as I have no Hollywood connections or even knowledge of how such a thing happens, but it's fun writing practice and an outlet for my Ani-obsession.)

It's awesome that there's still an Ani-fan community online! Good to meet you all. :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:22:24 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »
Political Animorphs: Overthinking a Plate of Yeerks.

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
Re: Nice to meet you!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
Great to meet you too, Liora :) Welcome to RAF.
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »
Welcome to RAF! :D I'm Steph. Nice to meet you!

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »
Welcome to RAF!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 08:48:14 PM »
Welcome! I'm Gaz, nice to meet you! Allow me to promote some of my personal projects:

*Gaz Reads: first complete project was a read through of the Twilight series
*Gaz Recaps: Current project is Beast Wars, nearly done with Season 3. Next up is Gargoyles.
*Gaz's Film Recaps: here you find recaps for movies such as the Paranormal Activity films, Transformers 3, and Sharknado.
*Cooking with Gaz: So far the only recipe is Pumpkin Soup
*The Gaz Art Gallery

As you can see, it's fun to start personal projects here.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 11:45:55 PM »
Hey there Llora, and welcome to RAF! Animorphs had enough cluster to bring this random bunch of amazing people from all over the world together, so I'm sure you'll fit right into the community. :)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »
Hey, Liora! Welcome to RAF! This is an amazing community of people who are still crazy about Animorphs, so it sounds like you'll fit right in :) I'm using you as sort of my guinea pig for this long intro post, so bear with me here ;)

Your blog, by the way, looks like it'll be amazing (I hope you don't mind, I fixed the link you posted). I love your writing style, and I definitely like what I've seen so far ;)

We're currently trying to make this forum more appealing and more active. We're calling it the Revitalaissance. Basically, if there's anything you could want or hope for from an Animorphs community, we want to hear about it and make it happen ^_^

The reason you (and all of us) are here is the Animorphs series, of course, and the Animorphs Board has tons of discussions about portions of the series you've never even though twice about. Drop in, make some comments. You're bound to get some responses ^_^

It's a little outdated at the moment, but we here at RAF do periodically re-read the series. Check out the re-read board for a number of questions and thoughts from other fans and RAFians as they've reread the series. Might give you more fuel for your blog? And then, if you're into never, EVER letting the story end, there's a bunch of excellent Animorphs fanfiction and art projects around here, as well as a few RP's that are still alive (I highly recommend checking out the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar, Rogue Element, or Among the Brave). There are also a number of fan projects listed here, including the Animorphs Audiobook Project, which is undergoing a bit of a revival.

And once you're feeling like venturing into the non-Animorphs portions of the forum, there are some pretty deep Discussions and Debates, there are other fanfictions and art projects and roleplays. Our members have profile threads that will help you get to know them better.

And if you're just looking to hang out and have some fun, we play games of (Animorphs-themed) Mafia and The Resistance frequently, and let's not forget the Bored Board, which is a great place to go if you're ever... well. Bored. Or looking for a quick way to get to know some of our most active members.

Stick around. Explore. Have fun. It's a pleasure to have you aboard ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Liora

• Political Animorphs
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 04:00:03 PM »
Hey, Liora! Welcome to RAF! This is an amazing community of people who are still crazy about Animorphs, so it sounds like you'll fit right in :) I'm using you as sort of my guinea pig for this long intro post, so bear with me here ;)

Your blog, by the way, looks like it'll be amazing (I hope you don't mind, I fixed the link you posted). I love your writing style, and I definitely like what I've seen so far ;)
Thanks for the welcome! I just posted my recap of the first book today.

I'm not really much of a techie person, so I'm still trying to work out how links work in BBCode vs. regular HTML.
Political Animorphs: Overthinking a Plate of Yeerks.