Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 335000 times)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14025 on: February 05, 2011, 12:46:25 PM »
"Hey," Elayne smiles, looking up to Trey. "Sorry about earlier. You got in touch with our crash-landed friend? Is that her?" she asks, nodding towards Vanessa.

Extending her leg, she nudges the chair across the table from her out a bit in an invitation for him to sit. "You know," she adds, turning her gaze towards Mar, "he doesn't like you much, but it's not for anything you did. I think he's just--" Shrugging uncomfortably, she adjusts her posture. "Anyway, don't worry about him too much. I think he'll mostly leave you alone, so long as you don't mind the occasional scathing comment or hateful glare."

Illim continues towards his ship, stuffing his hands in his pockets and kicking up gravel as he goes.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #14026 on: February 05, 2011, 04:03:21 PM »
We stared at the andalite like he was the stupidest being alive.

<You are trying to evade assimilation. You imply an impediment where none exists. The drone is connected to the collective. They would simply wait until they got back to the Collective. cybernetic Implants are merely a nicety. It allows a unit to have abilities useful to it's continued existence. But not necessary.>

<Yes, there are other things we do. We conquer. We process information in a manner similar to your "research". We build ships. We assimilate premade vessels. And a few other things.>
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14027 on: February 05, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »
<I can't really say I'm willing to be assimilated. Most being that aren't already part of a collective like to retain their freedom and individuality as much as possible. It is not the most efficient and orderly way to live, but it brings its own happiness. The best thing you might get out of being a drone is contentment, but not really happiness.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #14028 on: February 05, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »
"I personally want and like to be able to think for myself." Silver said setting one end of the staff on the ground and leaned on the other end.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14029 on: February 05, 2011, 04:26:15 PM »
Happiness?
I smiled... then closed my eyes...

To the Andalite, <Happiness is not in the collective because emotion is unnecessary. Life is simpler without emotion.>

To the human, <Thinking for yourself can lead to death. We have to memories of half a trillion individuals from over 1 million species. We have never made a mistake.>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14030 on: February 05, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »
<I could certainly do without cowardice, that's for sure.> Claxter said quietly. Not that he was willing to give up all emotion just so he could be braver. <Funny thing is, Warriors are trained to be able to control their emotions so they don't become afraid or show mercy to the enemy. However I don't think it would be a fair deal to give up the good emotions that enable us to celebrate our victories, even if it means we suffer no losses due to negative emotions.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #14031 on: February 05, 2011, 04:31:58 PM »
"I did just fine thinking on my own so far. I'm not dead yet and therefore the collective can just kiss my-" she stopped when she realized she was starting to shout. "Look, a lot of people are not part of the collective and they lived long and happy lives. Therefore but the hell out."
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14032 on: February 05, 2011, 04:39:25 PM »
We ****ed our head.

<Anger. Aggression. Forgive our unfamiliarity with this emotional reaction. This is precisely what we were referring to. Anger may propell you to attack a superior opponent, such as ourselves, thus causing death or assimilation. Both of which We know you mortals do not enjoy.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14033 on: February 05, 2011, 04:43:02 PM »
<Yes, anger can lead to death by blundering ahead and making mistakes. I'm actually not the agressive type, though my pride can get in the way. Andalites are a prideful species, though not without justification.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14034 on: February 05, 2011, 06:01:33 PM »
Corliss heads down the ramp and across the gravel, towards the tree line. 

"Yes, of course he'd have to agree to having Efaen under the express allegiance of the Andalite military," he replies, glancing back at Ossanlin and rubbing his neck.  "He won't like the idea of such murderous volatility in a member of our ranks, Terenia.  That much I can tell you right now.  But perhaps, with my endorsement, he could be convinced that you are still trustworthy." 

He sighs, stuffing the Dracon back in his pocket.  "It's going to be a challenge, but I suppose we have no choice but to try."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14035 on: February 05, 2011, 06:52:46 PM »
Terenia looks as though she is about to say something harsh, but she checks herself. Can't appear rash, she reminds herself. Exploding at every insult and jab would not help her case now.

<If it helps,> Terenia says wryly, <I've never murdered anyone I wasn't related to. And they're all dead now, so looks like I'm out of people to kill.> The bitterness is strong in her voice, but she pretends to be nonchalant.

"Yeah, that's her. She seems alright, mostly. I think she'll be okay..." Trey gives a small, slightly strained smile as he takes a seat.

"It's alright," he says. "I've gotten plenty hateful looks in my life. It wouldn't bother me, normally. It's just...something about him unsettles me. I don't know why, but he seems...dangerous." He blushes, ducking his head. "Sorry. I don't mean to intrude. I just guess I'll just keep my distance when he comes around."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 06:55:17 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #14036 on: February 05, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »
Ossanlin catches the tone of Corliss' voice and shakes his head.  <I know that he won't enjoy that particular restriction, but I have a responsibility toward my own.  Efaen most likely thinks she's being...how do the humans say...thrown to the wolves.  You and I know this is not the case, but my ability to remove Efaen from your custody at my own discretion gives her a lifeline.  Not to mention the situation with Terenia is quite...touchy.  If anything...untoward ...were to happen, I want the ability to pull Efaen out.>  Ossanlin speaks in open thought, Terenia would easily be able to hear him.

<Efaen is not agreeing to join the rebellion, therefore she remains a steadfast member of the Andalite military.  I should hope that my allegiance with the rebellion would be enough for Reven to allow this.>  Ossanlin continues to trot behind Corliss as they make their way to the skimmer across the ship parking area in front of the bar.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #14037 on: February 05, 2011, 08:29:01 PM »
Iosse sees instantly that the bar is occupied. Were they safe? Were they danger? He quickly jumped into a side room. There were boxes and other storage vessels in the room... and an intoxicating smell. Was it food? He quickly began searching the boxes, trying to be quiet... which isn't something that Taxxons are able to succeed at very often. He knocks a couple boxes over by mistake, and hopes no one notices. Or if they do, he hopes they'll help him. But... where was that smell?

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14038 on: February 05, 2011, 09:12:38 PM »
"And what if Efaen requests to leave us, the first time Terenia feeds?" Corliss replies, leading them through the forest.  "Surely Reven still has some jurisdiction over what happens to those who live within our ranks.  First and foremost, she can never be allowed to divulge where our location is, even to your Andalite comrades.  It would simply be too great a risk for us."

He holds back a branch for the two Andalites to pass through, smiling wanly at Terenia.

"Good to know you've run out of family to kill, love," he whispers with a quick wink.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #14039 on: February 05, 2011, 09:37:20 PM »
<If such a request were to occur, there would be debate.  I would of course need to speak with Efaen and then with Reven to decide what would be best.  But of course you don't need to approve of the situation, just Reven, though your approval would certainly help things given your...relationship with Terenia.>  Ossanlin nods gratefully to Corliss as he holds up the branch.  Corliss wasn't exactly a friend, but that was no reason to be rude with him.  Or to behave like any other andalite would, expecting Corliss to lift branches for him.  <Thank you.  I should hope that we can come to an agreement.  As I said, if Reven is not comfortable with the arrangement, Terenia can always find a new host.>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player