Author Topic: re-issued  (Read 1407 times)

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
re-issued
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:14:14 AM »
I read that the animorph book are being reissued.Does anyone know in what contries/provinces/cities are going to sell the reissued books?
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: re-issued
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 10:33:01 AM »
Since we do not expect reissue until 2011 or so, it would be difficult at present to gauge where publishers will choose to distribute. It seems to me a given that the series will be distributed in the U.S. and the U.K., and Canada seems probable as well. I'm not sure about Australia, France, and Japan, however.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:03:25 PM »
Since we do not expect reissue until 2011 or so, it would be difficult at present to gauge where publishers will choose to distribute. It seems to me a given that the series will be distributed in the U.S. and the U.K., and Canada seems probable as well. I'm not sure about Australia, France, and Japan, however.

Thanks,i'm just wondering about canada but other places can be helpful to other people!
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 01:22:54 PM »
Canada is almost always included in a North American release. Especially for books and DVDs. I wouldn't be worried.

(Just expect to pay more than the U.S, as usual :P)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:25:36 PM by Essam 293 »

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 03:02:07 PM »
japan-exclusive release. ;)

kidding, i'd go with US/CA/GB

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 03:10:21 PM »
If I may interject: It's quite easy to circumvent the higher prices in Canada by having an American friend buy the book and ship it to you. Postage itself can be costly, possibly too costly to be worth the trouble for books like Animorphs which are relatively inexpensive... but if you are shopping for books that cost more than $10 USD, for instance, it's more cost-effective to either buy online or have a friend buy it cheaper and mail it to you.

*shrug* :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 03:11:04 PM »
they could buy in bulk and then ship it. that might work.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 03:20:40 PM »
That would be an excellent solution, except for the single huge problem: Animorphs books aren't usually released several at a time. To do it that way, anybody up north wanting the new releases would have to wait however long it takes for six-to-ten books to be reissued and make the price difference significant enough to be worth the trouble. :P

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
That would be an excellent solution, except for the single huge problem: Animorphs books aren't usually released several at a time. To do it that way, anybody up north wanting the new releases would have to wait however long it takes for six-to-ten books to be reissued and make the price difference significant enough to be worth the trouble. :P

yeah, i know. just in the instance that somebody joined the series late (when enough books were out already).