Author Topic: Listen up Applegate! Got an awesome idea for the continuation of the series!  (Read 9309 times)

Offline Yorick Brown

8-10 years after the events of The Beginning, many of the original Animorphs are back together again for more adventures.

After rescuing Ax from the One, Jake and Marco and Ax are crew members of the 'Tiger Claw' (or the 'Star Wolf.' Not sure which I'd use yet.) A spaceship in part of a Andalite-Human alliance starfleet captained by Jake himself. The three and a joint crew of humans and andalites (which includes Estrid) patrol the galaxy stopping dying Yeerk factions and other alien terrors threatening sentient life. (No. I never even heard of "Star Trek" at all...)

Maybe 'The Star Wolf Chronicles' as a working title?

(Tobias is back on Earth, finally getting over Rachel day by day with the help of her best friend Melissa who has an attarction to. He's making a realtionship with his now-sightcapable mother thanks to advancements in medicines influenced by Andalite technological aid. He recently decided to live out his life as a human. He's not in this new series because I couldn't stand his moping and mysterious nature in the original series. Plus, I just wanted to give him a break after awhile. Cassie isn't in it because I'm sure she's tired of the fight and would concern herself with Earth conservation efforts.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:15:10 PM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
K.A. will write her characters the way she wants. Though it's unlikely she'll ever revive the series.

Why don't you just write this idea yourself?

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Indeed. After all, this IS a fan-fic section. Write a fan-fic. From your regular posts, I can see that you have a good grasp of the nuances of the language, so discriptions and the like should be a breeze for you.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
um...is there a reason you made the same thread in the animorphs section?

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Good question. Why, Yorick, if you please?
 ???

(Genuine perplexity, not sarcasm.)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Yorick Brown

um...is there a reason you made the same thread in the animorphs section?

Yeah. I wasn't sure where to put this. Now my thraed over their got deleted and it was probably your fault again because you're a... Here I go on. I'm shutting up now but just know that I was ready to insult your regularly annoying self.

Can't you ever shut up and quit asking about the content of the question and actually answer the question? How does anyone here put up with you?

By the way, did any of you thrree realize that you never said if my idea was good or not?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
Would it kill you to act like a decent human being-you know, when it actually matters? ::) :P
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
Jeeze Yorick. Now your hatin on me Estemoolore. Not cool dude.

Oh, and I think it's a bad idea. No offence but it sounds... lame.
I can still remember the words and what they meant.
As we etched them with our fingers, In years of wet cement.
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom

Yeah. I wasn't sure where to put this. Now my thraed over their got deleted and it was probably your fault again because you're a... Here I go on. I'm shutting up now but just know that I was ready to insult your regularly annoying self.

Can't you ever shut up and quit asking about the content of the question and actually answer the question? How does anyone here put up with you?

By the way, did any of you thrree realize that you never said if my idea was good or not?

edit: thought you were talking about estelore, but still, same thing applies to morfowt

how the hell can you say something so rude? you realize that it was annoying to everyone, not just her, she just had the innitiative to do something about it. next time, think about what you type before you hit post.

oh, and you are much more annoying than estelore
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:27:18 PM by Shanker »
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Yorick Brown

Why don't you just write this idea yourself?

For the same reason I only want to direct and produce feature films in the future rather than write them.

I'm more of a story TELLER than a story MAKER. I'm not the best writer, esp. when it comes to dialouge and wit, but I do know what it takes to entertain people and feel I can tell a good story.

What do you think of my story anyway?

By the way, I was not talking to Estelore. (Hence the quote by Morfowt!)

I was talking to MORFOWT!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:22:05 PM by Yorick »
Who's doing this?

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
Actually, it probably would have been deleted anyway, because there were two of them. I really think you need to back off of morf. . You act like a jerk towards him a lot. RAF is a big happy family, Yorick. Why don't you come join it?

That was actually a question that made sense to ask. It just seemed weird that you posted two topics.

Okay, so you're idea. I didn't exactly like it. If K.A. ever did continue the series, it would probably make more sense to explain what happened after the end of The Beginning, not just suddenly skip to a decade later. Also, the whole thing with Tobias doesn't seem to make much sense...I can't figure out a good way to explain why though, so I'll post it later.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
Your sitting there saying how  Morfowt is annoying but your being more of a pest than him. If you have such a problem with one of the most active memebers on here then you should either change or just leave. I mean, your karma is like... -55. What does that tell you? Obviously your the problem, not him. That question totally have a point.

And I think it might be good if you write it up as a fanfic. K.A. is probably never going to do it, so why don't you or find someone else to?
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
I don't like dropping Tobias, and if you are doing a follow up, that'd make a lot of people mad, he's typically a favorite.
Plus the final killer: a decade later means they're pushing 30. Half the excitement was that it was kids saving the world, kids defeating evil empires.
but adults and middle age people.
not exciting.
Saving the world; while paying taxes!
No :P
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
Ooh, I forgot to factor in the age...

Yeah, 30 year olds fighting, not cool.
--

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
ouch on behalf of nabet
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.