Author Topic: Hi all, new member here :)  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Valennia

Hi all, new member here :)
« on: March 15, 2013, 06:40:17 AM »
Hey everyone let me just start by introducing myself a bit... I'm 21 years old and a med school student. I remember reading some of the Animorphs books as a kid and really enjoyed them a lot. Unfortunately our local library only had a few books from the series and I couldn't read them in order. I vaguely remember the plot and I never had the opportunity to learn the ending. I recently discovered this website and I've been so happy to start rereading all of them. I'm now on book 25 and I read these books from my iphone in class all the time which is funny because that's the same thing I was doing 10 years ago (only then it was paperbacks and the teachers would catch me all the time)  :P It's never too late to still be a kid ^ ^

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Hi all, new member here :)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 09:20:49 AM »
Welcome to RAF! I'm Steph :) Nice to meet you!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 11:33:32 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  I'm DinosaurNothlit, also known as DN or Dino.  Hope you like it here!

And, hey, that's really neat that you got the opportunity to 'relive' your childhood like that!  Some days I almost wish I hadn't had access to all the books when I was a kid.  Because there's something about picking up a new Animorphs book (or your iphone) and reading it for the first time that's just, completely unlike anything else.

Offline Valennia

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:41:26 PM »
Hey nice meeting you guys, thanks for the welcome :)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 12:06:51 PM »
Nice to meet you Valennia, welcome to RAF. :)
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Underseen

• One of RAFs resident ShapeShifters
  • Xtreme Member
  • Feisty Generation Fifteen
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 03:29:25 PM »
You would love it here. I already seen some of your posts
RAF awards 2012: Best Newcomer... It feels good too

Well, Blue is my RAFcousin.
 Blaze is my RAFbrother and formidable rival.

Offline zzzzzz1002003@yahoo.com

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 03:58:30 AM »
hi I'm Zach saying hi for the first time here as well I'm 24 and love the animorphs. I'd like to be able to read them on line instead of well buying all 54 of them and the extra 1s. so i also like looking at the ideas people put out there about the books as well.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:44:28 AM »
Hey there! I'm Saffa and welcome to the forum :) Although an ebook is never the same as reading a good old paperback, so I'm collecting as many as I can. I'm from India and it released WAY late here, as pretty much one of those side things that just come in from the States... so it's hard to find them.

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 01:30:46 AM »
*A macaw flies in and lands on a nearby tree*

<Oh jeeze, neither that darned bear nor Dameg gave you the proper welcome...

I'll give it a shot.  So follow me and let's go.>

*the macaw takes off towards the main areas of RAF*

<There's the  classic forum where you can talk about Animorphs and anything related with the rafians.  There's a lot to see, so let's keep on.  BTW, there used to be a seal that would run around here and steal people's sanities, but no one's seen it in awhile.  I keep my sanity in a jar on my desk just in case though.>

<If you prefer other books, or just want to take a break with a different book, there's the other books board.  OH!, I forgot to introduce myself.  I'm donut.  I've been gone for awhile but I'm trying to get back around.  In case you couldn't tell, I'm stuck in the body of a macaw - long story.  Don't call me parrot and we'll get along fine.>

<If role playing is your thing, here's the place for animorphs role playing and over there is the place for other role playing no, I mean non-animorphs role playing.>

<It's nice to know there's someone else like me who only got partway thru the series when it was coming out.  I finished it a couple of years ago after getting the ebooks from here.  The ebooks got taken down, but rumor is the ebooks float around on the internet somewhere.  IMO 5-26 were the best part of the series, especially the David story arc.>

<We're coming up on the dinosaur's territory, the projects board.  She's really cool and probably won't eat you, but try not to be around during lunch or dinner time.>

*the macaw stops and looks over at another board*
<I'm not going over there, but that's the art area.  If you go over there and find the art gallery, tell the cat that hangs out in there I want my tail feathers back.  Last time we spoke she took a swipe at me and snagged a few.>

*the macaw takes off again and heads towards another board*
<If what you're looking for isn't in any of those areas, it probably belongs here, in the general board or if you're feeling particularly insane the bored board.>

<There's plenty we didn't see, but exploring is half the fun.  I'm going to leave you here in the the members profiles.  Take a moment and go say hi to some of the rafians, or set up your own space.  Bye!>

*the macaw flies off toward a thread with a sign 'donut shop'*
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:37:05 AM by donut »

Offline Underseen

• One of RAFs resident ShapeShifters
  • Xtreme Member
  • Feisty Generation Fifteen
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 07:38:38 AM »
*cough cough* Donut you forgot about asking her for her species *cough* *cough*
RAF awards 2012: Best Newcomer... It feels good too

Well, Blue is my RAFcousin.
 Blaze is my RAFbrother and formidable rival.

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »
<<OH don't insult her, she's very clearly.... I'm sure she'll tell us when she's ready>>

<Whenever you feel like it you can let everyone know what species you are here or you can put it in your profile whenever you decide to make one.  Not everyone around here is what they appear to be, and we have a lot of species that aren't anywhere else in the universe.  We have humans, yeerks, andalites, chee, we even had a goa'uld and a howler hanging around for awhile.  I think they moved on to go invade this or enlave that.  You know how it is.>

Offline .: Asmo

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
  • :(){ :|: & };:
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 06:48:33 PM »
We also have trolls where you must pay the toll fee. Otherwise .... ohh you don't even want to know.
.: Asmodeus
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Sole Zombie Apocalypse Survivor 2012/2014/2015
James Bond Villain 2013/2014/2015
Most Likely Harbinger of Armageddon 2014
Best RAFian Superhero/Sidekick (or Supervillain/Minion) Duo 2014

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 10:45:13 AM »
<Do watch the talons. Just saying. :) >