Author Topic: The Galactic War: The Rebel Base  (Read 10923 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: The Galactic War: The Rebel Base
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2013, 01:07:26 PM »
Niko laughs. "Techno and classical," he says approvingly, nodding. "Well, we're not exactly breaking any molds, here. But yes, I like thinking about us bringing people together for some entertainment. Why not?" He shakes his head. "We need to morale boost. Think you could help us out if we started planning?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2013, 05:53:08 PM »
"Well, I guess that depends on what you want me to help with.  I'd be happy to help, but, for example, I doubt many people would accept party invitations from a Hork-Bajir."  Rythil shrugs, but continues to smile a bit.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2013, 06:39:43 PM »
"Not if they knew who was behind the invitation," Niko says earnestly, smiling. "I think Dominic would see to that."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2013, 07:23:24 PM »
Rythil arches an eyebrow, trying not to betray his own curiosity about this Dominic person.  "Dominic?  I don't think I've met him.  I take it he enjoys parties?"

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2013, 08:55:17 PM »
"Oh, I'm pretty sure he invented the word party," Niko says conspiratorially, laughing. "Maybe he isn't quite as smooth as he used to be, but then again, neither am I. Perhaps you should meet him sometime."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »
Rythil shrugs noncommittally.  "I'm always open to meeting new people."  He smiles again.  "And I'm sure any friend of yours wold be sociable."

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2013, 06:57:39 PM »
"Except for Gene, poor boy, he's been working on that for a very long time," Niko says with a smile. "I shouldn't give him too much of a hard time, really. Kellim has helped him a great deal with his social anxiety. Not to mention...everythin g else." He shrugs and looks down at his empty plate again, suddenly a bit sullen.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2013, 07:29:05 PM »
Rythil senses a change in Niko, and reaches a clawed hand across the table.  Had Niko's hand been laying on the table, Rythil would've laid his atop it as a gesture of empathy, instead, it's meant merely as a gesture of openness.  "Niko...is something wrong?"

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2013, 02:39:45 PM »
He shrugs. "No, it's fine, Rythil," he sighs, forcing a smile. "Thanks. Just suddenly a little melancholy, that's all. I don't know how much Gene has told you about what happened to him, on Earth. How he came here?"

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2013, 05:14:03 PM »
"We've barely met...really just in passing.  Everything I know about him I know from you."  Rythil tries to project openness and empathy as he speaks.  "If you want to talk about it...well, I won't pass anything on to anyone else.  And I'm a pretty good listener.  But whatever you want to tell me is up to you and Gene."  He smiles a bit.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2013, 09:26:25 PM »
After Xevec finished lunch, he went to his and Derrel's room to start writing up some plans for traps he could devise with explosives. Though explosives could also be used for mining, even though he didn't do much of that in the Empire. He wanted to make sure he was pulling his own weight, and he'd feel safer if he could add to the security systems a bit.

<Just try not to overdo it.> Derrel said.

<I won't. They'll be small. They just need to be enough to slow down the invading enemy enough for us to escape.>

He writes up some plans involving shrapnel, fire charges, and even some death trap rooms if they wanted to get inventive. Ignoring Derrel's thought that death rooms might fall under the 'overdone' list. He wasn't sure if any orbital mines would get used, since that would be a pretty good indication that there was something on the planetoid worth investigating.

He also drew up plans for mining explosives, just to show he could make some constructive things that didn't involve killing people.

After finishing, he went looking for Reven, but couldn't easily find the guy. Derrel knew Keslin was like a second command, so they found him.

"Hey, Keslin. I'm Xevec. I was recently trying to think of ways to help out around the base, and wrote up some stuff. Maybe it will help out. Can't be too careful, right?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2013, 07:55:58 AM »
Keslin blinks in surprise, coming to an abrupt halt in the hallway as he is addressed by someone he does not know too well. Not one of the pirates, that is for sure. "Uh...yeah. Yeah, sure, I've got a few minutes before I need to be in the med bay. Here, come on into my quarters. Tess is at a doctor's appointment right now, so we'll have the place to ourselves."

He continues the short distance down the hall to his end destination, palming the door open and stepping into his quarters. The interior of the room is cramped -- even more so than most of the rebel quarters. This is in large part due to the large crib, painted bright green, that has been pushed against one wall. It is unoccupied, and not yet prepared for occupants. There are no blankets or pillows yet, just the bare wooden frame. In addition to the crib, there's the standard-issue cot and desk, with two chairs, and a small folding table next to the cot. Several boxes line the room with a variety of items poking out. Most of them seem to hold either hair styling tools or baby toys.

"Sorry about the mess," Keslin says apologetically, offering Xevec a chair. "I don't think I've properly met you yet."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2013, 08:14:32 AM »
<This is an office?> Xevec thought.

<Yeah, we're not some astute, highly organized group. We're really just a bunch of guys trying to stay alive.> Derrel said. Though to be honest, Xevec had looked through his memories, and should know everything Derrel knows. It's just that looking through memories, and really being there can be different things.

Xevec sat down. "Well, I'm quite new here. I kind of got scapegoated by my 'friends' back in the Empire, and ran into one of your people on my way to escape. Among some small things, I work with explosives. I'd like to try to be as useful as possible, so I wrote up some notes on possible improvements." He put the paper on the desk.

He was a bit nervous about this. He just wasn't used to superiors that were just regular people.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2013, 08:34:51 PM »
"Interesting," Keslin murmurs, wondering who Xevec had the good luck to run into. "What is your name? And your host's name?"

He glances at the papers, thumbing through them briefly. He is impressed, firstly, by the fact that Xevec was bothering to use paper at all, when more sophisticated holoscreens were available. Paper tended to be difficult to come by, and was coveted by the few rebellion members who insisted on continuing to use it.

"Explosives," he repeats slowly, looking through the designs. "For what purpose?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2013, 08:55:45 PM »
"Xevec 2511 and Derrel. Normally I installed explosives as traps, or to breach rooms during an assault and sabotage. Though I have looked into a few ways to use them in mining. I am prepared to try whatever is needed."

Ani-Master 2014!