Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 101782 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #420 on: March 18, 2013, 04:57:06 AM »
Alright.  Just a quick update.  Unfortunately, Marie has not posted.  I don't know her situation, and would not publicize it if I did.  I realize that nearly all the action in the RP is currently focused around her character Tess.  I have sent her a PM imploring her to at least contact me and let me know the situation.  I have offered to "imply" Tess's actions through observation if she is unable to post, but the birth of a character's child is much to big a situation to "Yeerk" without the player's personal input.  I do not know whether she plans the children to be born now or if she plans on it being a false-labor.  I have asked her what her intentions are for Tess at present.

Normally I would never consider implying another player-character's actions.  It's power-gaming, it's improper, it's invasion...I don't like it.  But I've been put in a very difficult situation.  Frankly, I'm not sure how to resolve this without Marie's input.  If any of you guys can contact her, please ask her to at least log on and PM me regarding the situation.  I have asked her to post within the next couple of days or at least let me know what her character will be doing so that I can move the RP along for everyone else...so I hope fervently that she will contact me.  If not, well I'll have to consider some more-drastic and less-story-friendly options.  I do NOT want to be forced to use any of those.  I know some of you guys contact her and talk with her fairly regularly, so please ask her to check her PM's, or if you know if something's going on, please PM me so that I'm not left twiddling my thumbs and PMing her in ignorance.

If my hand is forced by inactivity, I will most-likely imply that her contractions have quieted and she would appear to be stable.  Of course this would leave the option open for Marie to decide it was merely a reprieve before starting contractions again if she finds herself in a situation where she believes she can post again.  It's not an action I want to take, but it would move the focus off of Tess for most of the characters so that we can move the story along.  I hope that she gets in touch with me so I can avoid exercising that measure.

Also, there are many characters in the rebel thread that are not tied up with non-posting characters, so if the main thread still hasn't seen any action, you can always spend a few moments to post in there instead!   :)

Bottom line though, I will be moving the main story thread along within the next three days if we don't see a post from Marie sooner than that.  I'm sorry for the delay, guys, but if you don't check for a few days, at least check Wednesday evening!   ;)

~Luke
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:13:30 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #421 on: March 18, 2013, 07:02:33 AM »
I'm here and posting now. I have reasons for not posting, but I know y'all don't want to hear excuses, so I'll just get the show on the road. Sorry for holding everyone up.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #422 on: March 18, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »
....hmm. The Keshin/Joanne situation is tricky.

From a pure plot standpoint they understand that what Ossanlin's offering would make sense and they would probably need it to keep Joanne going. They're more or less stuck on the ship, given the circumstances. They'd be less than thrilled over the Andalite having so much control over their fate, but they'd also be less than thrilled about dying.

Unfortunately...thi s would require Keshin to leave Joanne and end up without a host. Thus putting me out of a character. :P So what the heck do we do? Any suggestions, all?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #423 on: March 18, 2013, 09:03:58 AM »
Well Efaen is looking for a Yeerk to be infested with, just to be helpful. Though I don't think taking Keshin would endear her to Myitt.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #424 on: March 18, 2013, 09:59:26 AM »
Marie!  Yay!  Thank you for posting!  :D  I appreciate it.  :)

I'm sorry, Kelly...I was afraid that posting that would possibly throw a wrench into things, but the technology exists in the story-line, and Ossanlin would think of it.  I thought perhaps that Keshin wouldn't want to leave her right away...maybe wait until the first rendezvous or something.  (Planning on that happening in about 1.5 in-game days).  I don't want you to only be able to post about swimming around endlessly in grey goop!  But ultimately that's up to you.  I don't want Kess and Joanne to act out of character either...

Of course there are other options if you decide that Kess trusts Ossanlin enough to do it...I figured he wouldn't, but I might not know him as well as I thought.  :p  You could create an Andalite character...  ^^  You don't have to of course, but the option is there for you any time you want to take it.

The choice is up to you, as you know.  We can have Mal and Soren in the first batch...we might have all the new PC's in the first batch...I haven't thought much about that.  But that leaves a couple of days.  Perhaps with that information, Keshin would decide to wait until the first rendezvous out of sheer blind hope.  IDK...

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #425 on: March 18, 2013, 10:13:05 AM »
So I can have the guy tell Claxter we'll get out of Z-Space in a day or so?

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #426 on: March 18, 2013, 10:27:10 AM »
I was actually going to post a response to Claxter with my next post, Chad...sorry it's taken so long...I meant to do it with the last post.  But yeah, you can have one of the NPC's tell Claxter if you want to, though he/she'd probably say something like "Approximately two days" or something like that.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #427 on: March 18, 2013, 10:29:41 AM »
If you're going to do it, I'll let you do it. Edit your post, or make a new one. I don't mind.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #428 on: March 18, 2013, 10:54:48 AM »
Well, I meant that I'd post as a sort of adjunct to the next Ossanlin post, which I won't be able to post until Kelly decides what Mar and Kess are going to do.  I suppose I can just modify my previous post to contain it.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #429 on: March 18, 2013, 10:55:18 AM »
I'm going to be travelling over this coming week, so if you need to temporarily wave Esarvit forward along with the plot, please feel free.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #430 on: March 18, 2013, 10:57:40 AM »
Alright, Ember...thanks for the warning.  :)

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #431 on: March 18, 2013, 02:49:36 PM »
Hmm, yes, waiting until the next rendesvous should work. After all, we don't want to be completely without a character. It would be out of Keshin's normal habits to act without caution and wait until the rendesvous, but not if it were to happen so quickly. I assume in the latest post that he at least knows the rendesvous will be relatively soon.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:21:52 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #432 on: March 18, 2013, 04:07:57 PM »
The thought of Keshin infesting Efaen is only mildly terrifying. o.o Keshin with an Andalite host?

I don't think Efaen would ever agree to that, though. Not if she knew how much Myitt would disapprove of the idea. Then again, she has no idea what the history is between Myitt and Keshin.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #433 on: March 18, 2013, 04:23:07 PM »
I'm not sure any Yeerk would want to be in Efaen, surrounded by Andalites anyway.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #434 on: March 18, 2013, 06:04:48 PM »
The history between Myitt and Keshin is so utterly bizarre that I doubt if even Myitt and Keshin know what the history is between them. At one point, although the canon-ness of this is in doubt, they ran into lobstrosities from Dark Tower. XD It can be basically summed up as: "We mutually agree to not like each other. More or less shoot each other on sight. Unless for some reason we really need the other's help or we're making a deal. Then we're friends."

As for infesting Efaen...that idea is so crazy it piques my interest. o__O; I mean what would a Yeerk who's been culturally brainwashed into loathing Andalites (No, this hasn't faded away completely) say to infesting an Andalite that....hates....An dalites....

....my head hurts. :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:08:21 PM by Shenmue654 »