Author Topic: HOW TO's  (Read 2148 times)

Offline elelohesterling

• See... I'm an ugly pretty boy :D
HOW TO's
« on: August 30, 2008, 04:43:58 PM »
Here are a couple of how-tos for thoughtspeak, and removing noise

TO do my thought speak effect which comes across as subtle and nice.... ( as an added bonus I'll add how to remove "noise" to the clip.

1) Download Audacity a free audio editing program -> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
2) Make sure to have the lame plugin, and to unzip it to your computer so you can export as MP3 ( when you first try to export as MP3 in audacity, it will ask you for this plugin as it cant do it on it's own. FInd where you unzipped it and tell audactiy that's where it is when it asks. (DOWNLOAD: http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/libmp3lame-win-3.97.zip)
3) Open Audacity
4) Record clip
5) DO whatever you want of the next two tutortials to make your thoughtspeak.

TO REMOVE NOISE ( I do this to all my clips, takes out some of the natural popping and annoying buzz)

1) Select a portion of the audio clip where you are not talking ( at least 2 secs long, normally if your record for about 5 seconds after you stop talking, this works well.)
2) Go to the top of Audacity and hit EFFECT -> NOISE REMOVAL , a new window will pop up
3) A button is in the top half of that window that says GET NOISE PROFILE, click it, the window will close, this is normal.
4) Select the entire audio clip, by pressing CTRL + A
5)Click EFFECT _> NOISE REMOVAL AGAIN, the window will pop open again, this time their is a scrolling bar on the bottom half of the windo that says LESS                         MORE
Put the little arrow thing about halfway between half of the entire length and three quarters, then click remove noise.
6) Your done, now you can add thoughtspeak, or export as MP3

TO ADD THOUGHTSPEEK EFFECT

1) Select the section of the clip that is thoughtspeak. ( or as it may be, the entire clip if it is you can hit CTRL + A if its not manually select the part that is thoughtspeak)
2) Now hit EFFECT -> ECHO
3) A new window will open up, their will be two boxes, next to each of those will be labels, one is
Delay Time, and one is Decay Factor
4) Click the box for delay time and erase everything in it, then type in 0.25
5) Now click the box for decay factor and delete everything in it, now type in 0.20
6) Click ok on the echo window, it will then apply the effect.
7) Now your done, Rpeat steps 1-6 with all thoughtspeak you need to apply the effect to, and your done. Export to MP3 format.
WOOT!

Terenia is RAFdating a ugly pretty boy :D

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: HOW TO's
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 06:12:09 PM »
Um... just asking, why did you post that here, when we already have a topic to discuss how to do thought-speak?

Offline elelohesterling

• See... I'm an ugly pretty boy :D
Re: HOW TO's
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
Cause its the remove noise thing.

I figured people can post their how-to's here on all matter of sound editing and recording junk
WOOT!

Terenia is RAFdating a ugly pretty boy :D