Author Topic: Question about "extra Animorphs"  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Doomhawk

Question about "extra Animorphs"
« on: January 25, 2012, 07:37:30 AM »
(If this is posted in the wrong place, apologies!)

I'm trying to write something in which the Animorphs are crashing a Yeerk event. Their plan involves masquerading as David, pretending that he still has the blue box and that he's made his own army. The Animorphs then split up and attack at different points, pretending to be this army and distracting security from the actual event itself.

However, how do I psyche out security about this pretend army of morphers without leading the Yeerks to think that there are morph-capable humans out there and eventually catching the Animorphs? Or should I change the plan completely, e.g. claim that another Andalite ship has reached Earth?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance! :)
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
Re: Question about "extra Animorphs"
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 08:21:49 AM »
Well, if David made an army, they would obviously all be humans because he doesn't have access to Andalites.  I think if they went with the David distraction/demoralization trend, it is inevitable that the Yeerks would start looking for humans.

However, if you wanted to go that route, I would just have them all pick different battlemorphs than what they usually have, maybe pull something like they all morph the same animal and attack, giving the idea it's a different group of individuals.

When does this take place in the timeline?

edit: depending on when this is happening, they could have different ways to convince them an Andalite army is coming.  For example, if it was after 40, they could probably acquire Ax, Mertil, and Gafinilan in different frolis maneuver combinations and go after them.  Or, if you make them give up their "no morphing sentient beings without permission" rule, they could probably even manage to get a hold of some Andalite DNA in 38, or even offer Aloth/Gonrod a place on earth if they will fight for them instead of being suicided/re-imprisoned.  Not that Gonrod would have been too terribly useful, but Aloth could probably lay some serious hurt on the Yeerks.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:30:49 AM by Noelle Winters »

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 09:38:52 AM »
It takes place during 21/22, it's basically a different version of their attack on the Marriott hotel. I think it might be better to use the Andalite idea, though I'm not sure how to do that exactly- obviously I need to plan out what's going to happen in detail!
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

NateSean

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 10:47:53 AM »
So if I understand your plan correctly, the assumption on behalf of Visser Three will be that David joined the Andalites and that the Andalites helped him build an army of human morphers?

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 10:54:44 AM »
Potentially that- Visser was misled to think that David ran away with the blue box, and is wasting resources on hunting him down, so basically a wild goose chase. Now the Animorphs want to break into the Marriott where the world leaders are meeting in 22, but they want to keep security away from the hotel. They want a smokescreen so they can break in slightly more subtly and try and figure out who the Controller is among the group of world leaders. The whole "David army" thing is to mislead the Visser again- they want the Visser to think that David has gone insane and is only attacking the visible security outside because he wants to harm as many Controllers as possible and has no interest in the heads of state. Thus the Visser will be watching the beach and paranoid about where David's guerillas will strike next while the Animorphs sneak in.

It's a bit complicated, but I'm hoping it doesn't sound too far-fetched. What do you think?

NateSean

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 12:51:10 PM »
My advice is to write it out and we'll go from there.

I've had the experience of giving certain writers advice only to have them tailor the story so nearly to every suggestion I've made as to make me wonder if I might as well have just written it for them. So I'd be happy to add my thoughts to any story you have. But understand that you should write it for yourself first and foremost and only take advice and criticsm with a grain of salt.