Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 591497 times)

Offline Sakki

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Guuuuuuurrrlll
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #900 on: September 11, 2012, 07:42:42 PM »
I should write a history for my RAFsona... :p

Mainly "pre-raf" life. So it would introduce the programer and the start of life.

Even though, you and Blue have augmented so much to what a "VOCALOID" does XD
I pretty much went from singing android to  kick ass singing android (or cyborg).

Anyway: RAFmodel updates

[spoiler]
Demos: Found hair, base, wings. Looking for clothes

Progress on Sliders: still working on it, give me some time XD
Current conflicts: Parker's gear, Cloak base (need to check model's rules...because I do know of a model I can edit.)

Effects I have that can help: Rain, snow, Billboard (sort of like a glowy aura), Fire Particle (fire that can move), Glass (can turn people into a glass texture) ObjectLuminous (makes certain parts of a model/object glow), Vector lines (a glowing line that trails after a bone [same concept as our bones] and I have it in every color). I am looking for one that adds a glittering to the hands of the model to be kelly's healing)  [/spoiler]

Offline Underseen

• One of RAFs resident ShapeShifters
  • Xtreme Member
  • Feisty Generation Fifteen
« Reply #901 on: September 11, 2012, 09:30:14 PM »
Great Sakki. Vocaloids are officially better
RAF awards 2012: Best Newcomer... It feels good too

Well, Blue is my RAFcousin.
 Blaze is my RAFbrother and formidable rival.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #902 on: September 12, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »
And XXIX sounds like it would be about Apocalypse.

I assure you it's not.  Apocalypse will never make an appearance in all these books.  A character named "Cataclysm" and "Corrupter", however . . .

I pretty much went from singing android to  kick ass singing android (or cyborg).

So . . . should I give you a Howler-like "howl" or something like ability of a Loboan?  This isn't the first I'm thinking of it.  Kelly got the healing thing because she confirmed that to me in PM.  AniDragon got the power suppressing/boosting ability for the same reason.

Again, new page --

• Book XVIII: Hostages Wild
  • Book XIX: The Clone Wars
  • Book XX: The Darwin Gun
  • Book XXI: Other Side of the Tracks
  • Book XXII: Pits of Terror
  • Book XXIII: RAF Comix
  • Book XXIV: The First Master
  • Book XXV: RAF -- The Musical
  • Book XXVI: Outage Outrage
  • Book XXVII: Infinity and Eternity
  • Book XXVIII: The Virus Rings
  • Book XXIX: Soul-Suckers
  • Book XXX: Mayhem of the Music Miser
  • Book XXXI: The Metal-Maker
  • Book XXXII: Richard is Missing
  • Book XXXIII: Emotional Food
  • Book XXXIV: Transformation Confrontation
  • Book XXXV: Richard's Horn
  • Book XXXVI: Feral Scream
  • Book XXXVII: Predators and Prey
  • Book XXXVIII: A Protean Problem
  • Book XXXIX: The Horsemen
  • Book XL: Sizeable Pain in the Necks
  • Book XLI: RAF's Nightmare
  • Book XLII: Unlucky Charms
  • Book XLIII: The Piper
  • Book XLIV: The Wishing Star
  • Book XLV: A War of Armor
  • Book XLVI: The Worst Plague
  • Book XLVII: Little Alien Napoleons
  • Book XLVIII: Go Away!
  • Book XLIX: RAFian Tales
  • Book L: Maul
  • Book LI: Erised Orbs
  • Book LII: RAFians Alive!* -- an out-of-normal-continuity book
  • Book LIII: The Pain Reliever*
  • Book LIV: Beyond the Veils*
  • Book LV: Dangerous Deals*
  • Book LVI: Of One Mind*
  • Book LVII: The End of Time* -- another out-of-normal-continuity book
  • Book LVIII: Hematomimic*
  • Book LIX: Sins of Youth*
  • Book LX: The Replacements*
  • Book LXI: Arachnoids*
  • Book LXII: Personal Tissues*
  • Book LXIII: Memory Today, Gone Tomorrow*
  • Book LXIV: Appliance Armageddon*
  • Book LXV: Prodigy and Composite*
  • Book LXVI: The Merging*
  • Book LXVII: Be A Doll*
  • Book LXVIII: RAF Captors* -- yet another out-of-normal-continuity book . . . unless I change my mind.
  • Book LXIX: Dinosaur Island*
  • Book LXX: Corrupted*
  • Book LXXI: Artificial Skins*
  • Book LXXII: Separation Anxiety*
  • Book LXXIII: A Thing About RAFians*
  • Book LXXIV: A Planted Idea*
  • Book LXXV: Vacation Photos*
  • Book LXXVI: A Personal Gremlin*
  • Book LXXVII: The Rust is Silence*
  • Book LXXVIII: The Toyman Cometh*
  • Book LXXIX: RAFian Idol* -- yes, just another excuse to put in more of the (as of writing) nearly 800 parodies.
  • Book LXXX: Savage Heart*
  • Book LXXXI: Slave Islands and Juggernauts*
  • Book LXXXII: Shredding a King*
  • Book LXXXIII: RAF -- The TV Show*
  • Book LXXXIV: The Drinker*
  • Book LXXXV: The Last Laugh*
  • Book LXXXVI: It's A Mad, Mad, Mad Villian*
  • Book LXXXVII: Sight Unseen*
  • Book LXXXVIII: Don't Let It Snow*
  • Book LXXXIX: The Rachel Toxin*
  • Book XC: Virus Alert!*
  • Book XCI: A Youthful Thief*

Again, the (*) denotes a book I have yet to do the chapter-by-chapter notes for.

Anyway, I'll write a new chapter shortly. . . .

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Sakki

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Guuuuuuurrrlll
« Reply #903 on: September 12, 2012, 10:15:16 AM »

I assure you it's not.  Apocalypse will never make an appearance in all these books.  A character named "Cataclysm" and "Corrupter", however . . .

So . . . should I give you a Howler-like "howl" or something like ability of a Loboan?  This isn't the first I'm thinking of it.  Kelly got the healing thing because she confirmed that to me in PM.  AniDragon got the power suppressing/boosting ability for the same reason.
That'd be up to you.
(Even though I should be an UTAU not a VOCALOID, but that is because of something that I wrote yesterday)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #904 on: September 12, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »

That'd be up to you.
(Even though I should be an UTAU not a VOCALOID, but that is because of something that I wrote yesterday)

That's why I tried to be vague -- to be honest, I have no idea what either of those things are.

I should warn you -- 'round Chapter 15 or 17, it'll become a bloodbath. . . .  This might be a shortish chapter.

CHAPTER TWELVE:
The Ultimate Weapon and Sagely Advice

"It is time!" Rotiart announced.  "Upload the data!  The Onslaught will begin!"

"But, sir, have you thought this through?" Slicer said, meekly.  "What if it isn't loyal to you as we are?"

"Silence, fool!" Rotiart snapped, lashing out at him.  "You know nothing.  Nothing that I didn't give you myself!  Now shut that mouth of yours or I will tighten your jaw so tight that not even a dinosaur could open it.  And remove your vocal synthesizers, while I'm at it!"

At this threat, all three spoke no more.  The continued to cower in the corner -- much to Rotiart's delight -- as he began to upload the data collected from the defeated technovore into the larger tube.  This took about two hours.  When it was done, the creature in the tube looked more powerful.

"It worked," Rotiart said, smugly, "as I knew it would."

Then he imputed the data from the cruxpalm.  This took another two hours.

"I sense a pattern . . . oh well," Rotiart said, "those RAFians will now surely die!  When Onslaught is complete!"

Onslaught grew more powerful.  Rotiart still didn't see the possible drawback of doing this.

"Computer, upload the third set of data . . . now."

"Complying."

"We're all gonna die," Bubbles squeaked from the corner.

"It happens," Magnus whispered.

Rotiart was so far gone into this mania, that he hadn't even noticed their conversation.

Cloak was in his thread, safe to take his cloak off, as the walls, floor and ceiling were coated in the fabric that makes his cloak, as well as his fairly nondescript bed.  He was reclining on said bed, with his hands behind his head, resting on a pillow coated in the billowy fabric.  He took a deep breath -- he was still very much in pain, though he refused to show it -- and began to drift off into sleep.

Suddenly, Cloak was striding among gray, smoky mist.  He could not make out what ground was supporting his weight, and the walls of this area seemed to be made up of the smoke or mist.  There was really nothing else but him here.

"Cloak," came an authoritive voice.

"Grandfather?" Cloak said -- but suddenly it wasn't the full-grown Cloak, but he was a little cub once again.

"Cloak, you cannot continue this."

"Continue what?  What are you talking about, Grandpa?"

"Running to me for comfort, for reassurance."

"What? Why?"

"I am dead, my former pupil." Sage said, appearing at last.  That white feathered head, those clear sharp golden eyes, that curved yellow beak.  It was Sage, his grandfather.  "And, as such, I should have no influence -- no active influence -- over the living."

"But I . . . I'm so confused . . ."

"Yes, I know you are, Cloak," Sage said, gently.  "But don't you have friends to help you with this?  An Andalite, a SPARTAN, a vampire, and more?  Cloak, they need you and you need them.  You've just yet to realize it.  You've got to let me go. . . ."

"No!  Don't go!"

"I must, and you must, Cloak.  You cannot grow as a person if I'm always here like this.  You must be confident in your own abilities, as well as trust those that you name as friends."

"I . . . I . . . don't want you to go. . . ." he said somewhat lamely.

"I know that, Cloak," Sage said, calmly but firmly.  "But you must.  It's time for me to go -- we'll meet again, eventually."

The way he said that seemed to Cloak that he knew more than he was letting on.

"What do you know?" Cloak said, no longer in the form of a cub that he had been.

"You're taking charge now, Cloak.  Good job," he said, deliberately dodging the question.

"You're avoiding the question, Grandfather.  What do you know that I don't?"

"A great deal," he said, levity somewhat dulled.  Then he started to fade away.

"Grandfather, no!  Don't go!  Don't go!  Tell me!  Tell me what you know!  Don't go!!"

Then Cloak awoke to the pain that he had forgotten.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:30:02 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Sakki

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Guuuuuuurrrlll
« Reply #905 on: September 12, 2012, 10:59:54 AM »

That'd be up to you.

That's why I tried to be vague -- to be honest, I have no idea what either of those things are.
They are voice synthesizers where people make a voice and a character behind the voice. So if you just want to put "android"  that'd probably be best.Because I think you have me more on the android side anyway)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #906 on: September 12, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »
Ah.  Well, that was only because I remember you making a comment before on how something wouldn't affect you be cause you haven't flesh or something.  I think it was in chat -- back before I forgot my password.

Anyway, the next chapter'll be in my previous post.  And the current chapter'll be in this post.  May be a short one.  Dunno.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
One More Thing

"Computer, upload the last data into Onslaught."

"Complying."

It took nigh on sixteen hours, giver or take a minute, but all the data was uploaded into the creature so it looked quite large and formidable, albeit still hidden in shadowed silhouette.  But even after all the data was imputed, it did not wake, but slumbered evermore.  Unheard by Rotiart, but the three cowering in the corner stopped shaking a breathed a sight of relief.

"It didn't work, sire," Magnus piped up, with a hidden note of hope in his voice.

"Fool," Rotiart spat, "it's still far to early for such assumptions.  I haven't yet given it life."

Rotiart withdrew the canister from his pocket, and affixed it to the circular depression on the moniter.  It clicked quite easily into place.  Then the swirling energies within it spiraled down and into the beast.  The energies fused with empty shell and, with a pulse aura, it's heliatrope eyes slowly opened . . .

"It's alive!  IT'S ALIVE!" Rotiart roared gleefully.  It was a pity, really.

Cloak sat up, and limped over to his cloak.  With a flourish, he donned it as he limped out of his thread.  After a few steps, he decided that this wasn't gonna work at all, so he used power over the Wood element to give his a walking stick/staff to lean on.  He felt a little stronger than he did when he entered the thread.  Sleep did him some good, even though he wasn't entirely sure the whole thing with his grandfather was real or not.  Regardless of whether it was or not, he would keep that information to himself -- what little information there was.

He thumped to the infirmary to check up on everyone.  He saw that they were all doing well, and he was pleased to see it.  Kelly and Goom were going to discharge them right after dinner.  Kelly went ahead a looked at Cloak, who insisted he was fine.  The injuries were not severe enough, and he would be able to walk just fine in a few days.

"Well, if you're sure," Kelly said, doting on her and Goom's other patience.

Sakki, however, was not just fine -- she was far BETTER than she was before.  Goom, Aquilai and Yarin, with some consultation with Parker, had made given her some internalize weaponry -- a Loboan screech, complete vocal mimicry, and probably more.  Cloak sort of tuned out of the tech-specific parts.  Suddenly, Cloak dropped to his knees.

"'Just fine', huh?" Kelly said, whipping over to him.

Cloak unceremoniously through out his arm to block her.  "This has NOTHING to do with my injuries.  Something of immense evil has just be unleashed."

"What?" Blaze said, concernedly.  He had to fight his own instincts to flap his wings, remembering they're in a rather moderate, if a bit low-ceilinged room.

But before Cloak could speak, Cerulean, Ash, and Underseen entered the room.  Cerulean bore Bladeh in his arms, while Ash had Fubar and Underseen had Kern.  All had fainted.

"Case and point." Cloak said, rather hoarsely.

"What's case and point?" Underseen asked.

"Cats of all sorts and types can sense evil.  It's our schtick." Cloak elaborated.  "And, judging by what I felt, the sheer brute power of this evil, these three will be out for quite a while."

"Not at all reassuring," Estelore commented.

"No," Cloak agreed.  "It's not."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 12:39:59 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #907 on: September 12, 2012, 03:46:50 PM »
Well, hopefully I do have enough energy to do this chapter right.  As well as give Sakki a bit more material to work with. ;)

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
The Onslaught Begins

"Venus.  Pierce.  Take your brothers and get the hell away from here." Parker ordered.

"But Dad, I --"

"Don't argue with me!" Parker yelled.  Cloak knew it was only because he feared for the lives of his children more than his own.

"Daddy --"

"Do as your father said, Venus.  It's very important."

"You're gonna let --"

"NOW, Pierce!"

"Fine.  Troy, Tommy, let's go." Pierce said, giving his parents a venomous look each.

"He'll get over it, Parker." Helen said, in an aside that Cloak nonetheless heard but pretended not to.

"Any idea what we're facing, Cloak?" Parker said, allowing worry to flit across his face.

"Not entirely," Cloak said.  "But I . . . I think I do sense the energy of --"

"Alert." came a cool male voice over the intercom.  "A massive energy surge detected."

"More on that later, let's go." Parker said as he, Cloak, Helen, and the others left.

The creature's enclosure within the tube persist until its eyes flared and the tube shattered into glass dust, not shards.  Rotiart wasn't fearful at all, but overjoyed.  Gleeful, even.

"Welcome into the world of the living, my pet." Rotiart said.

"Who are you?" it spoke in a deep, glutteral tone.  It extended its extremities as it stood, so it towered -- at least five times taller then the rest put together.  It appeared to be the result if you decided to merge Onslaught, Omega Red, Megatron, and Exodia together into one singular being.  All in all, not the most attractive being in the world, but certainly one of the most powerful creatures to exist, if not THE most powerful.

"I am your lord and master," Rotiart said, unabashed and proudly.

The creature that Rotiart called Onslaught laughed, a deep and hearty belly laugh.  "You?  MY lord and master?  Please!  You're nothing but a flea."

"I created you!  I can destroy you!"

"Give it your best shot."

Rotiart produced a remote control device with a single red button on it.  He pressed the button dramatically.  After a few minutes, when nothing happened, he pressed it again.  Then again and again and again.

"Insect, end this foolish gesture.  You are nothing to me, and you're antics have ceased to be entertaining."

"This cannot be!  I created you!  I . . . I . . . I gave you life."

"Well, thank you.  Because of this, your suffering will be brief."  The Onslaught killed him in one blow.  Then he killed the three minions in one swipe, declaring killing as "fun".  Then he tore a hole in the wall, and exited to the outside world. . . .

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Underseen

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #908 on: September 12, 2012, 06:20:43 PM »
Great update, three chapters all in one day.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #909 on: September 13, 2012, 09:05:03 AM »
Expect more.  Nowish.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
Unbound Massacre

When the RAFians arrived, Richard had just spoken, telling the computer to put the disturbance on-screen.  It showed a satellite map of the location -- which Sakki and Demos recognized immediately.

"That's the grounds of antiquated circus -- the one that Bibliophaetos came from twenty-five years ago!" Demos exclaimed.  "We were right there!!  How come we didn't find anything?"

"I was plenty busy getting beaten to a pulp," Sakki said, rather bitterly -- as if it was a memory she did not want to recall.  "But what about you, Demos?"

"Nothing!  The scanner picked up nothing!"

"That could be because it was inactive." Goom suggested.  "And its activation was only recent."

"Plausible, but what could 'it' be?" Aquilai said thoughtfully.

"That energy . . ." Cloak said, more to himself than anyone else.  "It feels somehow . . . familiar. . . ."

"What's that?" Yarin said.  "What did you say Cloak?"

"That energy is familiar.  Somehow.  I don't how or why, but I just know I sensed it before."  Cloak said, then suddenly realizing something.  "That's the evil that caused Kern, FuBar and Bladeh to pass out!"

"Oh, great.  More good news." Blaze said.

"So that's what you were sensing, Mr. Jedi?" Parker teased tersely.

"You're more of a Jedi that I am, Parker."*

"The energy signal's on the move." Blue pointed out.  "Look's like it's headed for the city."

Within a manner of minutes, the satellite picture went to static.  It took about thirty minutes to an hour to get it back.  Some RAFians getting antsy in the intervening time.  But when it came back . . .

"What happened to the city?" AniDragon said.

"There is no more city!" Kelly gasped.  "How --"

"I'll tell you how!" Phoenix said.  "That -- that -- that whatever-it-is destroyed the entire city in less than a span of an hour!"

Silence befell these words.  An awful, all-consuming silence.  It would seem that Atlas's ancient burden had settled itself firmly around the RAFians' shoulders.

Onslaught had sped toward the city, looking for sentients to kill, as he found the slaying of nonsentients too easy and far less entertaining.  Once he entered, people saw him and ran away screaming.  He loved to hear their screams, enjoyed their terror, fed on their fear.  He began to easily slay each one, prolonging it enough to be of interest to him.  He did not discriminate -- he went after everyone of every race, gender, and age.  He ignored their terrified pleads, their horrorified pleads, their desperate pleads.

You know, he thought, as he headed for an elementary school, Onslaught was a decent name, but it really doesn't fit me, I don't think.

He made easy work of the school, leaving nothing but pain and grief in his path.  He did not feel even a twinge of pity or remorse for his actions.  He did not, would not apologize.  He did not, would not stop this massacre.

"Massacre"? he thought, Why, that is a more fitting nomenclature!

His laugh sent out waves of crap-your-pants fear to everyone in the vicinity.  But no one would survive, no one would escape.  They were all doomed -- and, worst of all, they knew it.

"Fear the Massacre!" he roared, laughing heartily all the while.  Within the next thirty minutes, the entire city was reduced to rubble.  Massacre felt disappointed all his killing had ended, but then he noticed RAF. . . .

---
* ;) ;) Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know the "Darth" in "Darth Revan" denotes a Sith and not a Jedi, but I couldn't refuse this joke.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:34:03 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Underseen

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #910 on: September 13, 2012, 10:28:42 AM »
I rely liked the last sentence. Finishes the chapter off nicely.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #911 on: September 13, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »
Thanks, Underseen.  Oh, and expect it to start getting REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad.  RAFians will die . . . may be a short chapter.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN*:
An Approaching Massacre

"Uh, guys?" Broken said, pointing to the screen.  "It looks like whatever that thing is -- it's coming this way!!"

"What?  Why?" Gaz said in shock.  "I thought we were reasonably well-hidden and well-defended!"

"Who can be well-defended against this thing?" Underseen pointed out.  "It took out an entire city -- reduced it to rubble! -- in under an hour!"

"Whatever it is, it's a monster," Cloak said, voice low but steady.  "Pure and simple.  It clearly hasn't a soul or a heart."

"Yeah, but what do we do about it?" Blue said.

"There may very well be nothing that we can do about it," Estelore said, uncharacteristicall y morose.  She had a brush with her mortality, something she'd taken for granted in the past.  Her one-sided battle with the vortexsapien had subtly changed her.  She was less flippant about her abilities, though she still wore her "Warrior Estelore" avatar.  "We'll have to do what we can."

"And if that's insufficient?" Yarin said.

"Then it's insufficient." Esty said, calmly.

"You should write for Hallmark, Estelore.  Seriously." Parker said, wryly.  "We might as well prepare for battle."

"Right," Cloak said, well aware that he was still weak.

Meanwhile, Massacre continued to approach.  Gulliver, Itellsya, and a few other young RAFians attempted to step in and stop it.  The poor fools that youth encumbers.  Unlike the city, he took his time to destroy each and every one of these RAFians individually.  Feeding on their fear as their lives are snuffed out.  Their Marks could not protect them from this.

The other RAFians were made aware of the loss of these seventeen RAFians.  Cloak realized that they were just lambs for the slaughter that was to come.  He knew his reflexes were dulled with pain, his strength wasn't above sixty percent, but still he went into battle.  Estelore was also similarly burdened, though hers was psychological rather than physical.

"Ah!  More toys for me to kill!" Massacre declared.  Like a boy with a magnifying glass burning ants.

Cloak looked at the creature.  Is that all they were to him?  Mere insects to be crushed?  Ugly flames which to be snuffed?  Needless extensions of his life?  Cloak had thought he had confronted the most conceited and arrogant being and silenced her. . . . Cloak's eyes widened ins shock.  No . . . it couldn't be!  It was not possible!  He narrowed his eyes to slits.

So, this is what you meant, Grandpa?  This is how I'll fall? I am a son of the Elements . . . let the battle be joined.**

The beast laughed again, "Come on, then.  Come and play with me!"

"Well, that didn't sound too creepy," SuperNate said.

"Looks like I'm gonna have to kill them again.  Let's do this," Cloak said, mirthlessly and deadly serious.  "AniDragon will be able to strip his powers."

But Massacre seized her his large arms and . . . AniDragon . . . was gone.  Then he slayed Kelly with ruthless ease.  He seemed to have sensed that they'd be the biggest problems, so he slayed them first.  Then the mods were next, save Phoenix, who managed to regenerated himself due to his phoenix powers.

"ATTACK!" Phoenix choked out.

"A tack? Thumbtack? Carpet tack? Income tack?"*** Massacre sneered.  Then he laughed uproariously at his own joke.

"Geez, it wasn't even that funny." Gaz said.  Massacre eliminated her next.

After twenty minutes of battle, 17% of the RAFians were slain!  It was not going well at all.

---
* I actually mislabelled this chapter as Chapter 17 in my notes, and I was toying with the idea of saying "Oh no!  Massacre is so powerful he destroyed Chapter Sixteen!" but I decided against it, as it might have ruined the tone.  I'll just split the plans for Chapter Twenty in two.

** Bit of an homage to Dinobot (Beast Wars).

*** Reference to Weird Al's Wreck-Gar (that is, Transformers Animated Wreck-Gar)

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Underseen

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #912 on: September 13, 2012, 10:42:29 AM »
The chapter title is very clever. It wasn't that short of a chapter, it was longer than what defines short in my mind.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #913 on: September 13, 2012, 10:48:18 AM »
Thanks, Underseen.  I always put the "short chapter" thing as a bit of a disclaimer.  Sometimes I'm just too lazy to remove it, if it isn't.  More chapters on their way -- and it's gonna get worse.  Much worse.  But remember, this is outside the usual continuity.

Apparently this is what you may call a "good day", because this is the third chapter already, and I might have energy to finish off this book today! . . . I do realize that makes it harder for others to catch up. . . . In that case, I'm sorry -- but I'll probably not post as much on the weekend.  But who knows?

May be a short chapter, may not.  Let's see . . .

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
A Relentless Massacre

The battle was intense.  It was fierce.  It was brutal.  It was . . . one-sided.

Despite the advantages of numbers, the RAFians were losing.  And not even losing badly, but SEVERELY.  Phoenix, as basically the interim leader, had ordered a retreat before Massacre seized him, and attempted to squeeze the life from him.  But his phoenix powers kept regenerating him in fire.  This seemed to fascinate Massacre, who acted very much like a young boy with a new toy.  Phoenix wasn't pleased at all.  But none of his flames was even singing the metallic hand of Massacre, who kept on squeezing.  Phoenix did not know how longer he could keep this up.  Eventually his powers would burn out . . .

But Massacre, with rather a childish mindset, dunked Phoenix into a deep stream, and squeezed.  Phoenix fire could not ignite inside water, so . . . venerable Phoenix lost his life. . . . The RAFians continue to try to evacuate, but now without a definite leader to guide them.

Massacre dropped Phoenix's body, which collapsed to ash, and reached out and held Aquilai and Aila in his hands.  Then he sat down, glaring and leering at them.  Massacre began to squeeze them, and they regenerated.  Aquilai was now a waterbender again.  He tried to waterbend, but it was impossible when both your arms and legs were pinioned together -- very tightly pinioned together at that.  Aquilai could possibly try bloodbending but that would run into the same problem.

"Ah, these two have tricks, I see!" Massacre cooed.

He squeezed them hard enough again, and forced them to regenerate again.  Aquilai was now a firebender for a second time.  But fire did nothing but warm this beast.  And lightning wouldn't conduct.  He squeezed them again, forcing another regeneration.  This time Aquilai started to feel real terror and so did Aila.

"Mmm . . . oh, is that fear you're feeling, RAFians?  Mmm, yes.  I feed on terror, you know.  Let it grow.  Let it consume you.  Feel it!  Yes, feel it!  Feel the fear!!"*

Then he continued to force them to regenerate until they could no more, and simply died.  Massacre seemed disappointed that they couldn't regenerate any more.  He dropped their disintergrating bodies.  He turned his attention to the fleeing RAFians.

"Oh, I love it when they run."

Then he began picking them off one by one.  He popped Faerie, Shock, EvilPinkDragon, Blocky, Goku, and Sam out of the sky with a single blast.  Killing them instantly.  He continued on this path, slaying each RAFian in an easy and careless manner.  But then he recieved a shock when one managed to jump out, eyes glowing golden scarlet and only managed to inflict the most superficial of cuts.  It was Cloak, using the full extent of his powers.  And all he could manage was a small, superficial cut.

Estelore appeared behind him and blasted the beast through that cut with her full stellar powers, but all she managed to do was irritate the small wound.  And irritate Massacre as well.  It made a mad swipe at both of them, only managing to give Cloak's cloak the appearance of Mr. Sinister's cloak thing.  But fortunately it still worked -- but barely.

Estelore and Cloak manage to escape, and Massacre was about to go after them, when the flow of evacuating RAFians caught his eye.  He decided to go after them after he finished here.  Within an hour, he massacred 88% of the RAFians.  Within 90 minutes, all but two were gone. . . .

---
* Yet another Beast Wars reference ("Bad Spark").
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:20:35 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Underseen

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #914 on: September 13, 2012, 11:12:43 AM »
Isn't it 25 years later?