Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 591442 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #480 on: June 03, 2012, 08:39:20 AM »
Hey, don't blame me, blame DC!!  That's what they call the Entity for Love, accordin' to Wikipedia!!

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
Time to Meet the Butcher

"Which one first, then?" Blue asked.

"I'd say we go after butcher first," Cloak said decisively, "I doubt that it would be hard to find."

"No kidding," Yarin said, without turning around, "I'm playing chicken against my will.  With a very angry, red, bull thing."*

"Oh, it's so cute!" Demos replied.

Cloak looked at it, and could feel the anger coming off it.  It was quite powerful.  "Everyone you mustn't get angry.  Let's not make it stronger that it needs to be.  The Mark should protect any of us from hosting it."

"'Should'?" Terenia asked quickly.

"'Hosting it'?" Faerie queried just as quickly.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Blaze said, holding up his hands.  "You sped by us there.  How 'bout rewindin' that a bit?"

"These entities are made of energy," Cloak explained, though he thought it obvious, "they're incorporeal.  As in 'bodiless'.  They need hosts," he looked directly at Terenia, "like Yeerks do."

"And what do you mean the Mark SHOULD protect us?" Sakki intoned.

"Well, like with the Technarchy incident," Cloak attempted to explain, "it would prevent foreign organisms from possessing or controlling you.  It's how Goom and I designed it, after all, I have those innate abilities and we had the Mark transfer it to all of you, as well."

Brief silence met this explaination.  Cloak, however, was getting antsy.  He was ready for this to be over.  Both the Butcher and Yarin's ship was in the atmosphere of the Red Lanterns' base world.  An objective view may see this as pure, unadulterated insanity.  But, for the RAFians, this was just any other Tuesday.

Cloak leaped from the ship, and fired a lasso of golden-scarlet energy, and wrapped it around the bull's throat.  It looked as if Cloak was flying a violent, angry, full-bodied kite.

Meanwhile, the others decided, as the other Red Lanterns were completely, and quite literally, beasts and monsters (sentience basically lost with the wearing of the red ring), they decided to go after Atrocius.  After several failed plans, Yarin had to implant a mental illusion in the head Red Lantern's mind about his battery being near Cloak and his ring nearly out of juice.

Yarin hated having to do things like that.  But time was of the essence.

Atrocius landed mere yards away from Cloak, with his battery, not noticing the large bull creature being flown above his head like a rowdy, killer kite.  He pointed his ring towards the battery and said:

With blood and rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
Together with our hellish hate,
We'll burn you all -- that is your fate!

And Cloak managed, as Atrocius's battery glowed, to throw the Butcher towards it, which sucked it up like an apple in front of Kirby.  Cloak panted, as he reentered Yarin's ship.  His arms were sore, and his back ached, but he said nothing about it.  But he wasn't good at hiding it from his colleagues.

"Now, to get Ophidian," Cloak said through heavy breaths.

---
* This.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:44:20 PM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #481 on: June 03, 2012, 06:40:48 PM »
Heh, me and Sakki almost got drafted. :P
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #482 on: June 04, 2012, 08:15:17 AM »
It actually took me a moment to realize what you were saying, Blaze. :facepalm:

Anyway, I think I'll disclose the next few tentative titles of future books -- hopefully they won't give away too much.

[spoiler=Future Book Titles]
  • Book XI: "Knights of Humanity"
  • Book XII: "Alien Trap"
  • Book XIII: "The Forbidden Arts"
  • Book XIV: "Forum of Cards"
  • Book XV: "The Book of Very Bad Things"
  • Book XVI: "Who's Who"
[/spoiler]

And I'm considering making a poll with just the excuse of using it like a Table of Contents . . . well, if that's allowed.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
Greedy, Greedy Snake

While they travelled over to where Ophidian was supposed to be, Cloak rested and pooled as much energy as he could.  He had not anticipated the strength of the Butcher.  Yes, it was stupid on his part, but he kept that part quiet.  The others didn't need to know that.  It might make them question this plan, and this needed to be done.  These entities could not be destroyed or controlled, just as emotions are notoriously difficult to control -- as Cloak knew first hand.

"Ophidian would be a snake*, right?" Yarin asked.

"Yeah," Cloak said, cursing himself for the weariness in his voice.  The others took note of it, but said nothing.  But it was against their better judgement.

Demos looked at it, "Oh, cool!"

"Demos, so help me . . ." Faerie threatened, then conceded it did look kinda cool.

"What is that you have, Sakki?" Cloak asked.

"A catalogue, why?" she replied, as she thumbed through it.  Cloak fired an ember from each of the fingers on his left hand.  The catalogue was ash.

"HEY!  I was LOOKING at that!"

"THAT IS THE SNAKE OF AVARICE!" Cloak said, temper flaring.  Butcher was dealt with, he could allow it to flare a little.  "The embodiment of greed!  It feeds on it."

"Uh, then why is it running away?" Yarin asked.

"What the deuce**?"

"Yeah -- look!" Parker pointed through the ****pit window.

It was true Ophidian was fleeing from them.  It was as if it knew what Cloak intended.  Of course, Larfleeze himself trapped it in his power battery once, and it does not want to go back in again.

Well, that's just too bloody bad, Cloak thought, as Yarin's masterful flying tricked and connived the snake down into the atmosphere of Larfleeze's planet, to his base of operations.  Okaara, it was called. It was quite elegantly and skillfully done.

"Great, back here again." Sakki grumbled.

Cloak said nothing but leaped once more out of the ship.  Feeling earth beneath his feet again was good.  He fired a golden-scarlet whip from his right hand which wrapped around Ophidian's neck.  Of course, it began thrashing.  Far more violently than Cloak had anticipated.  Cloak had to form and fire another golden-scarlet whip from his other hand, which wrapped around the tail.  This offered him better control, but did not stop the greed snake from thrashing, which seemed to become more and more violent.  Cloak fired blasts of golden-scarlet energy and flame from his mouth.  This lightened up the thrashing but only for mere seconds.

WILL YOU GUYS HURRY UP AND GET LARFLEEZE'S OATH AND HIS BATTERY?! Cloak thought angrily.

Yarin was about to do the same trick that he did before, and hated himself for doing, when Dino stopped him.  She spoke directly to Larfleeze, "Hey, Orange Guy.  Do you mind if we borrow your battery?"

"MINE!"

"Oh, okay then," Dino conceded with a sly smile unseen by Larfleeze, "then will just have to use your Central Battery."

"No!  It's MINE!  MIIIIINE!"

He dove down towards the planet's surface.  Yarin followed, complimenting Dino, "Nicely played."

Cloak saw Larfleeze, who glared at him.  "Who are you?"

"Someone who comes with a gift." Cloak said, not bothering to hide the strain his voice.  "You want this snaky?"

"MINE!"

"But you have to say your oath first," Cloak said, pandering to his greed.  "That's the only way it won't go away."

Larfleeze complied immediately, though Cloak could not hear the oath, but new it worked when Ophidian, ragefully indignant was sucked into the Central Battery.  Cloak nearly collapsed, but fought it as Yarin's ship approached.

"Where's the snake??  Where's Ophidian??" Larfleeze demanded.

"Oh, it's in your battery, go ahead look for it." Then Cloak boarded the ship, and once on board, replied, "That should keep him occupied for a while."

---
*This is Ophidian.

**Obligatory Stewie Griffin reference.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:25:13 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #483 on: June 04, 2012, 09:52:08 AM »
A corp dedicated entirely to the aquisition of more posessions...Why was I not recruited to this one?
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #484 on: June 04, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »
A corp dedicated entirely to the aquisition of more posessions...Why was I not recruited to this one?

Because there is only one actual member, Larfleeze, the greediest thing in the universe. All of the other "members" are just constructs created after Larfleeze killed the real guys and stole their identities. Lex Luthor and Hal Jordan were briefly the orange lantern, I don´t remember if Larfleeze was dead or the ring decided they were greedier than him.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:03:40 AM by crossoverfan »

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #485 on: June 04, 2012, 10:57:25 AM »
I've been wanting to see pictures of those.  I only read about this stuff on Wikipedia, mind you.  And I think it was because the Guardians made duplicate Orange Lantern rings.  Of course, in this realm, it's not always necessarily "kill" them to take their identity -- but that could be because Sakki is unique in that way.

I may post another chapter later.  Depends if I feel up to it.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:
Fear Itself

"Cloak, are you okay?" Horse asked.

"I'm fine," he replied firmly.

"Cloak, are you --" Phoenix said, concerned.

"I said, I'M FINE." Cloak said, very firmly.  "Now, go to Qward.  Parallax should be nearby."

"What is he the entity of again?" Blaze asked, scratching his head.

"The Entity of Fear.  So, you all best recognize yours and control it."

"And you?" Parker inquired.

"I've been on the Epiphany Road," Cloak replied.  "First step on that journey dealt with survival.  I had to confront and conquer my fears.  I suggest you do the same before facing Parrallax."

"Yeah, I can see why.*"  Yarin said.  "A particularly ugly beast.  Approaching Qward now, it appears to be deserted."

"Worry about that after I take on the fear bug." Cloak said, realizing the alternative meaning of what he just said a second later.

"Awww, it's ADORABLE!" Demos proclaimed.  Faerie smacked him upside the head.  "OW!  Hey!"

"Try to find a Sinestro Corpsmen quickly -- preferably a stupid, arrogant one." Cloak said, ignoring the two.

"That shouldn't be too hard," Dino replied drily.

Once they were in atmosphere, Cloak leaped out once more and he was followed by what seemed to be a dangerously inquistive Parralax.  Cloak felt no fear, but a fiery determination.  When the entity was close enough, Cloak fired the golden scarlet energy whip constructs from both hands.  One wraps around its neck and the other wrapped around it's midsection.

It was close enough that Cloak could feel it's fear and paranoia-inducing powers.  But Cloak, with force of mind and will, ignored it and focused solely on his task at hand.

"How do we get one of these Sinestro Corpsmen to go to the surface?" Rocklobster asked.  "Much less say their oath?"

"Oh, simple," Empress Goose said, "we appeal to their ego."

Yarin piloted the ship to intercept the one.  One that appeared to be a cross between a Predator and Knuckles the Echidna.  Empress Goose spoke to this one.  Rather, he blew a loud raspberry at him.  THIS really got his attention, and he began to fly after Yarin's ship.

"Brillant!" Yarin said sarcastically.  "Now, how do we get him to say his oath?"

"Oh, yeah.  Forgot about that," Empress Goose confessed.

"Great."

"Here's an idea," Oceanspray said, "hey, deadlock-guy" -- the other cringed at the "dead"lock pun -- "I bet you don't know the Sinestro Corps oath!"

"Oh yeah?!" he snarled.  Then he turned to the Central Battery on the ground.

"In blackest day, in brightest night,
Beware your fears made into light
Let those who try to stop what's right,
Burn like my power... Sinestro's might!
"

Cloak was struggling with Parallax, not physically this time, that part was relatively easy.  But with the waves of fear-inducement (which failed) and paranoia-inducement (which greatly annoyed Cloak).

"Will you STOP that?!" he finally roared, but Parallax was gone.  Sucked into the Central Battery, with a dumbfounded Sinestro Corpsmen.  "Who are you?"

"Your worst nightmare, if you follow us." Cloak replied wearily.
---
*This is Parallax.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:58:37 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #486 on: June 05, 2012, 08:27:15 AM »
'Nother chapter, methinks.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
A Battle of Wills

Cloak breathed a bit, steadying himself and preparing himself for the next entity.

"Who's next?" Phoenix asked, eyeing Cloak uncertainly.

"The Entity of Will," Cloak said without hesitation.  "Ion.*"

"Who names these things?" Sakki asked.

Cloaky ignored her.

"Oh, I see, you don't know."

"No, I don't," Cloak admitted brusquely.

"Wait, how do you face Ion without showing willpower?" Blaze pointed out.

"Ion isn't like Parallax, Orphidian, or the Butcher," Cloak said, "it tries to support those with willpower.  I don't know why."

"So, we got to just ask it to get in the Central Battery?" Dino said, with a huff of disbelief.

"Not necessarily, but it's the most gentle of the eight, I think."

"But we still need a Green Lantern, don't we?" Blue said.

"So, just get Goku or Sam," Cloak said simply.  "But first things first, I've got to restrain Ion.  To Oa, Yarin."

"But Estelore told me how you're kind of a wanted man on Oa," Yarin blurted.

"No," Cloak disagreed.  "Malice is a wanted woman on Oa.  They just, somehow, mistook me for her."

"How?" Faerie asked.  "We can tell you apart."

Blaze shifted slightly at this.  Faerie ignored it.

"Don't ask me, but they seem to think all Realm Walkers look alike." Cloak said, as the ship set down.  Cloak wondered if the Oan defenses were far more concerned with the other Lantern Corps to worry about a "minor" threat like Yarin's ship.  Cloak stepped foot back onto Oan terra firma again, and lassoed a nearby Ion.  But it didn't thrash about like Ophidian, or violently tug on the energy lasso like the Butcher, or try to intimidate Cloak like Parallax.  It was more of an inquistive dog on a leash type of pulling.  This surprised Cloak so much he almost let go.  He hadn't expected it to be this gentle.

"Sam, come in." Yarin attempted to hail.  "Goku, Sam, either one of you, come in!!"

"I'm sorta busy here, Yarin." Sam said, sounding rather crackly over the communications.

"Well, we need you and your ring on Oa, at the Central Battery." Faerie said, with a blunt tone that one could only associate with her.

"I can't.  I'll get discharged from the Green Lanterns. . . ."

"Well, what about the universe getting destroyed, would it matter, then?!" Sakki shouted, having lost her patience.

"Oh . . . oh, okay!!"

Cloak felt like he was walking a floating, flying dog.  He was thankful for this little respite from the vicious tangoing with the other three.  Then he saw Sam at the Central Battery.  Ion seemed to know what's coming, but did not fear it.  Much like a large but overly gentle and docile dog going into a kennel.

"Go ahead and recite the oath, Sam," Cloak prodded.

He nodded, and said:

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power . . . Green Lantern's light!
"

Ion went willingly into the Central Battery, and Cloak thought it was some underhanded tactic, but somehow that didn't seem plausible.  It was done, but Sam didn't stay to chat.  He went right back up to reenter the fight, using the excuse "I had to recharge my ring," to explain his absence.

Cloak reboarded the ship, "We're halfway there."

"This is gonna get old fast," Oceanspray noted.

---
* Ion.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:20:16 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Sakki

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Guuuuuuurrrlll
« Reply #487 on: June 05, 2012, 12:38:58 PM »
"Who names these things?" Sakki asked.
Cloaky, love, stay out of my head. I was thinking this about a chapter ago. >_>

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #488 on: June 05, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »
Exciting installments, can't wait to see more.  :)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #489 on: June 06, 2012, 04:27:17 AM »
Holy crap this book is amazing! How dare you even think of leaving us before posting this creation!

Awesomeness so far. Pure awesomeness!
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #490 on: June 06, 2012, 07:19:42 AM »
Thanks, Parker.  I will be working on this and the RAFparodies jointly now (I just got back in the flow of writing them again).  But, first, a shortish chapter I think.  Oh, and I miscounted the Entities.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
Aimless Hope

Cloak stretched, preparing himself for the next Entity that he had to restrain.  He was gonna sleep for a week when this was done, he decided.

"Well, who and what is next?" Parker asked.

"That would be Adara*," Cloak said, pointed to the planet known as Odym, home of the Blue Lanterns.  About it was a blue entity spiralling slowly and sedately toward the surface.  It would reach the atmosphere before them.

For once, Demos was silent about it's appearance, meaning he didn't know if he approved of the incorporeal beast or not.  Faerie seemed disappointed slightly that she wouldn't get to slap him upside his head.

"Well, it seems bored.  Or drunk," Sakki commented.

"I suppose this means that hope is nothing without the will to act on it," Cloak replied.

"Thank you, Socrates."

Soon enought, it was time for Cloak to leap out.  So, he did, and lassoed Adara, half-expecting a fight, a vicious struggle.  Cloak should have known better.  It was like he was flying a really sedate kite.  Cloak didn't really need to exert himself.

Meanwhile, the others managed to convince a Blue Lantern (who turned out was a buddy of Goku) quite easily, and he lands at the Central Battery.  Cloak simply walks over, pulling Adara with marginal strength.  The Blue Lantern, who resembled an orange-skinned Namekian with blue antennae, spoke his oath:

"In fearful day, in raging night,
 With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
 When all seems lost in the War of Light,
 Look to the stars -- for hope burns bright!
"

Adara, looking very much uninterested, was sucked inside the Central Battery.

"Thanks for your help," Cloak said, dashing to the ship.  Once back inside the ship, Cloak said, "Two more to go."

"But that's seven not eight," Faerie pointed out.

"I miscounted, okay?"

"On something this important?" Sakki asked.

"Just because I'm a Realm Walker, I am not immune to mistakes, okay?!"

---
* Here's Adara.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:23:58 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #491 on: June 06, 2012, 08:20:14 AM »
'Nother chapter.

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
Compassionate Hugs

Cloaky was managing to keep his exhaustion and emotions under control.

"Cloaky," Parker said, in an aside, "I'm worried that you might overextend and exhaust your abilities.  And I'm concerned that it might destroy you in the long run."

"I appreciate the compassion, Parker," Cloak said, "but this needs to be done.  And I'm the only one who can.  There's only the Predator and Proselyte* now.

"But what if --"

"Parker, let's not deal in 'what if's just now." Cloak said.  He was probably too blunt, but Cloak didn't need his resolve and determination to erode.  Although Parker meant well, that's what it would have done.  He wondered faintly if Proselyte, the next entity they were going after, was going to be as easy and passive as Ion and Adara were.  In recalling what he remembered about the Indigo Tribe . . . he doubted it.

"When you seek out an Indigo Tribesmen, be careful." Cloak warned.  "Without their rings, some of the Tribesmen are without compassion at all, some without any emotion at all."

"Huh?  But I thought these rings were fueled by emotion." Dino said.

"Apparently, if I'm recalling this correctly from my time in the other realm, the indigo and orange rings are a parasitic sort.  They force their wearers to feel the emotion even if their is none." Cloak said, thoughtfully.  "And they can channel the energy from other Corps, if I recall correctly."

"Great," Blue said, " this is just . . . great."

Yarin lowered the ship down into the atmosphere, and Cloak jumped out goin' after Proselyte.  But it turns out, that Proselyte liked Cloak.  REALLY liked Cloak.  So much so that the indigo, incomporeal cephaloid just wanted to hug with it's many tentacles.  Naturally, Cloak wanted none of this.  So he had to use all his feline agility (which was numbed some by sheer exhaustion).  He was hit once or twice by a tentacle, but in the end he managed to hogtie the energy squid.  But he was still breathing heavily afterward, and he could see the thing still struggling to free itself so it could give Cloak a little hug . . .

Meanwhile, the other RAFians manage to speak to a Indigo Tribesman who knew English.

"Sir, could you please help us?" Horse, who the others thought the Tribesman would respond the best to, being the youngest there.

"Of course, young one," he said.

"We need you to recharge your 'wing'," Horse said, deliberately putting on the cutesy-wutesy act.

"Why, young one, whatever for?"

There was silence as the RAFians debated on the best way to handle this that was unheard by the Tribesman.  In the end, they settled on, "It will help us get rid of a monster."

The Tribesman agreed and flew back down to the planet, with Yarin's ship hovering slightly behind.

"Uh-uh," Cloak snarled.  "No huggies, Proselyte."

Then he saw the Tribesman land, and he used his energy projection abilities to lift Proselyte up as the Tribesman spoke his oath:

"Tor lorek san, bor nakka mur,
Natromo faan tornek wot ur.
Ter Lantern ker lo Abin Sur,
Taan lek lek nok -- Formorrow Sur!
"

Cloak didn't understand a word of the oath (except the name of Abin Sur, which he didn't know personally), but he threw Proselyte at the battery, and it was sucked in with a whimper of regret.  It never got to hug Cloak.  Cloak boarded the ship as the confused Tribesman returned to the Indigo Tribe.

"Now, potentially the most dangerous one," Cloak told the others.

---
*This would be Proselyte.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #492 on: June 06, 2012, 08:37:55 AM »
Ok, I like this fic, I really do. Then only REAL problem that I've got with it is that, COME ON! Restraining multiversal warpers just like every day of the week and twice on Sundays?! Is cloak and his magical lasso really that powerful?

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #493 on: June 06, 2012, 09:25:44 AM »
Crossoverfan, it's not a magical lasso, it's a construct of my own energy, that's the first "element" that any Realm Walker can master (Shadow and me are the only living Realm Walker Elements Masters).  And it's established that Estelore is more powerful than me -- but she's busy at the moment, being targeted by Red Lanterns.  Something she would not take lightly.  Perhaps she's also meeting Mogo.  And what do you mean "multiversal warpers"?  Is it Malice?  She's the same species as me, in fact she's tangoed with my grandfather, Sage.

Sorry, perhaps I took that comment a little too personally.  Shortish chapter.  This may be my weakest book.

CHAPTER TWENTY:
Tangoing with the Predator

Cloak was mentally and physically preparing himself for the final entity, and the prospectively most dangerous.  "Love conquers all" and all that jazz.  The Predator* . . . Cloak knew this would be far more difficult than anything else.  Not only his part, but the RAFians never had any contact with the Star Sapphires.  He had no idea how'd they react to a request for assistance.

But first things first, he had to restrain the Predator.  He was sure the thing would be bigger than he was.  But he had to be confident that he could handle it.  Then they saw it heading to Zamaron.  Cloak was hesitant, as he was sure of an attack from the Star Sapphires.  But they seemed far more concerned with the presence of the Predator.  Talk about presence of mind.

Cloak dropped out of the ship and landed on the surface of Zamaron, but it was a rather rough landing.  He noticed some scarring on the ground, and realized he was bleeding ichor.  It was a minor wound, but he made a makeshift bandage from the bottom of his cloak, and proceeded to fire an energy whip construct again in an attempt to restrain the Predator.

Of course, that alerted the preoccupied Star Sapphires to the RAFian presence.  A few turned their rings on him and Yarin's ship, which greatly annoyed the Realm Walker.

"Hey!  We're on your side!!" he shouted.  He wanted to call them a very impolite name, but he decided against it.  It was here that the Predator's violent thrashing snapped the energy whip Cloak was using.  He uttered a Realm Walker curse which sounded like a simple snarl to the Dwellers.  The Star Sapphire rings began to glow.

"Oh, great.  Like we don't have more PRESSING PROBLEMS?!" Parker roared from the ship's external speakers.

One Star Sapphire faltered, looked at the ship and blushed.  Looked like she was smitten by the sound of Parker's voice . . . which just made her all the more powerful.  Perfect.

"HOLD UP!!" both Cloak and everyone on the ship shouted at the same time.

The Star Sapphires didn't seem too keen to listen, but relented at a signal from someone who could only be a queen, who appeared to be human.  But Cloak was no expert at these things, and shouldn't assume.  The Star Sapphires went back to fighting it, some taking Cloak's energy lasso idea, some just blasting it.  It seemed like it was just getting annoyed.

"What do you want here?"

"To imprison the Predator, over there."

"How do you know of it?"

"You think this is the only realm that has an Entity of Love?"

". . . Touche.  I guess." she replied coldly.  "You said you wanted to imprison the beast.  Where?"

"Your Central Battery, or similar."

"That's impossible."

"We've done it six times already.  For the other emotional entities."

"What you say . . . it cannot be done."

"Humor me."

Silence, where only the sounds of the Star Sapphire rings being used was heard.

"Fine.  How do you propose we do this, strange one?"

"Realm Walker, please." Cloak said, preferring not to give her his chosen name.  "And all you need to do is recite your oath.  Then your Star Sapphires and I can throw it in."

"Preposterous."

"It's worked six times before."

"It's ludicrous!"

"What have you got to lose?"

She didn't have an answer to that.  She took a sharp inhalation, and a slow, aggravated exhalation.  "FINE.  Get that blasted this over here."

Cloak shut his eyes, focused on his breathing, and accessed the little power he saved up.  Which wasn't much, now he thought about it.  He fired the energy whip again, and the Star Sapphires did the same.  Even Yarin's ship fired an energy whip that lassoed it as well.

"Why didn't you do that before?" Dino demanded of Yarin.

"I didn't realize it at the time."

"Nice," Cornson said, rolling his eyes.

All together, they forced the strongest entity down to the battery.  The queen Star Sapphire began to recite the oath:

"For hearts long lost and full of fright,
For those alone in blackest night,
Accept our ring and join our fight,
Love conquers all -- with violet light!
"

With that, despite all of its vicious thrashing and brutish struggling, the Predator was sucked in.  All the Star Sapphire rings glowed brillantly for a few minutes.  They looked at the RAFians, who disembarked from the ship.  Then they turned their backs and walked away.

"Some gratitude, for you," Parker grumbled.  And that same Star Sapphire looked back at him and smiled.  Parker's face was hidden, but his body language said quite clearly he was blushing.  Especially after the Star Sapphire blew him a kiss.

"Ooooh, Parker's got a girlfriend!" Sakki teased in a singsongy voice.

"Shut up," Parker said in a strangled voice.

But at this point, Cloak collapsed into an exhausted heap.

"Don't worry, I got him," Dino said, using her jaws to daintly lift him up and took him back to the ship.

Parker, however, looked back at that one Star Sapphire.  It was her . . . the girl that caused the friction between him and General Luis Cannon. . . . Then he boarded with the others and headed home, to RAF.

---
*This is the Predator.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Pyrrhian

• Still Alive!
« Reply #494 on: June 06, 2012, 09:49:48 AM »
Well from what I've read, Realm Walkers are pretty damn powerful! They can travel to other universes so they're "multiversal" and it's been noted somewhere that Realm Walkers restrain their true powers by wearing their cloak so in a sense their true power can warp universes too.

The only issue I have with the whole the series of books is that they're a little...repetitive . From collecting stones to, cardinal direction, hunting entities. You should try to avoid having such a shopping list like storyline in your books. It almost makes people want to skip chapters just to get on with the story.
I'm doing science and I'm ...