Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 591484 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #465 on: May 31, 2012, 05:34:40 PM »
Is it sad that I havn't had to wiki anything for this particular story?
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Sakki

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Guuuuuuurrrlll
« Reply #466 on: May 31, 2012, 06:18:21 PM »
Well most dc comics, save batman, never really appealed to me. I was just about to get into green lantern, but DC pissed me off.

I am more of a Marvel girl.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #467 on: May 31, 2012, 07:58:10 PM »
Ah. I creep people out with my knowledge. Of things like My little pony, comic books, dr who, games, ect.

I actually know next to nothing about Dr. Who but simply knowing the word tardis wil lget you an odd look.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Sakki

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Guuuuuuurrrlll
« Reply #468 on: May 31, 2012, 10:06:52 PM »
Ah. I creep people out with my knowledge. Of things like My little pony, comic books, dr who, games, ect.

I actually know next to nothing about Dr. Who but simply knowing the word tardis wil lget you an odd look.
- scratches your name off of datable rafian list-

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #469 on: May 31, 2012, 10:12:58 PM »
Hey, I have other RAFians to blame for the dr who and my little pony.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #470 on: June 01, 2012, 07:26:28 AM »
Well most dc comics, save batman, never really appealed to me. I was just about to get into green lantern, but DC pissed me off.

I am more of a Marvel girl.

I am more of a Marvel guy, myself.  But I do watch DC shows, but I would turn to a Marvel show when I could.  But this isn't the first time I've adapted a DC comics storyline -- the first book, "A RAFian Falls", was based off the death of Superman.  Loosely based on the death of Superman.

And I'd say this is all probably be off-topic, but I don't want to be smited for "backseat moderatoring" again.  ::)

Remember, this isn't gonna be EXACTLY like the comics.  That's because the comics take place in another realm.  I wasn't sure I made this clear.

CHAPTER TEN:
Guardian Gamble

Cloak stormed into the Guardian's hangout, helped out by following the faint smell of Malice.  And their they were, the pachycephalic floating Smurfs*.  Cloak not help but see that they seemed quite smug.  It irritated the Realm Walker, as it reminded him irresistably of Malice and Abomination.  He did not like the way that they seemed to look down their noses at him.

"Why have you returned?" one called out in ringing tones.

"I have never stepped foot here before." Cloak said, anger beginning to flare.  "Don't you DARE mistake me for that rogue Realm Walker like your stupid cronies have!!"

"If you are not the Abomination, then who are you?" one spoke, this time with a calmer tone and feminine voice.  The tone was tinged with what Cloak perceived to be kindness, which kind of took an edge of his anger.

"Abomination is another Realm Walker, one I've dealt with in the past," Cloak said, "the one you faced previously, from what I've gathered, is Malice.  A female Realm Walker.  I am Cloak, son of Ursa, grandson of Sage, brother of Dagger and Faith, uncle of Shadow." Then added, "Oh, and Master of the Six Elements."

"Is this supposed to impress us?" said a rather grizzled Guardian with a permenant frown etched on his face.

"I really don't care if it impresses you or not." Cloak replied.  "And you are --?"

A silence before this Guardian snarled, "Appa Ali Apsa."

Cloak snorted, "Appa?  You're a six-legged wind buffalo?"

This was not taken very well by Appa.  This wasn't a very auspicious meeting, Cloak decided.

"Abomination, Malice, Cloak, whatever.  It doesn't matter.  You're under arrest!"

But the other Guardians seemed to want to argue with that decision, although one with a scar on her head seemed to argue in favor of Appa.  Cloak was unimpressed, and, frankly, getting bored.  He never did like political debates.  Once he had enough, he turned to leave.

"Where do you think you're going?!" one raged, Cloak suspected it was Appa.  But it was Scarface the Guardian.

"I'm leaving," Cloak replied, turning to continue on his way.

"You're not leaving."

"Oh?  You gonna stop me?"

Apparently so, because the scarred Guardian and Appa summoned some Green Lanterns with their stupid cereal box rings.

"Oh, Appa, you disappoint me."

---
*Okay, so it isn't politically-correct.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:51:49 AM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #471 on: June 01, 2012, 07:59:10 AM »
Just out of curiosity, could Cloak/Shadow defeat a green lantern?How badly? From what I read they stomp, but I wanted a confirmation. What about a Guardian?

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #472 on: June 01, 2012, 08:05:36 AM »
Shadow's not in this book.  Cloak has energy manipulation abilities of his own -- and it's notoriously difficult to incarcerate a Realm Walker (unless it's by another Realm Walker in the Oblivion Gate).  And some, like me, can redirect energy -- but it's not an enjoyable sensation, it's downright unpleasant.  Then again, we can just take off our cloak . . . which has the nasty effect of slowly incinerating and deatomizing every around them, growing outward.  And Realm Walkers are much older than the Guardians, so we tend to know more although we're not immortal.  We just live for a very LONG time.  Hence why Shadow was still around in 4532 in the last book.

But this is something that I generally, in-character, try to avoid.  Especially since I tend to try control all my emotions lest my powers run amok.

This may not be a suitable explaination, but Estelore has greater strength, power-wise, than me.  And believe me, she'll turn up in this book.

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
War of Light

Cloak was bound in green light, but he had enveloped himself in his own golden-scarlet energy and explanded it, until the would-be bindings snapped and melted into nonexistance.  Then he batted away a green rope construct, when he realized he had protential for Airsight as well as Earthsight. . . . Whoops, more pressing concerns.  Another blasted numerous energy orbs at him, and he could not help but notices the likeness (in appearance, that is) of this Lantern to Vegeta.

"You related to a Saiyan named Vegeta?" Cloak asked.

He blasted a green fist construct at Cloak, which he dodged by tunnelling underground, bursting out a few feet over.

"A simple 'no' would have sufficed!" Cloak scolded.  "Touchy, touchy.  Sensitive subject, or something?"

But, suddenly, it would seem that Cloak was forgotten.  The Green Lanterns went up into Oan space, including Sam and Goku.  Cloak couldn't help but feel like nothing more than an afterthought, which was a bit damaging to his ego.  But why look a gift horse in the mouth?  But he really had no means to escape except travelling back to the Nexus and returning.  But would just bring him back to the forum -- that would not help the others, if they were still alive.  He did not want to think of the alternative.

"Cloak?" a familiar voice spoke.

Cloak was filled with relief.  "Esty?"

"In the flesh -- well, so to speak."

She was in her avatar form -- a lovely lady with a bright sundress and some wide-brimmed hat.  Suffice it to say, it looke rather out of place on Oa.

"How'd you know I was here?"

"I didn't," Estelore explained.  "Came to this region of space to examine some interesting lifeforms, when I saw the light show."

"Light show?"

"Yeah, streaking yellow, red, orange, green, blue, and indigo lights."

Cloak took this in.  But it didn't make sense.  Why would the Corps be fighting each other?  And what of the Star Sapphires?  . . . Were there even Star Sapphires in this realm?  Still Cloak had a sinking feeling of something of great danger was going to happen.

"Estelore, I need a lift, we need to gather up the other RAFians," Cloak told her.

"What do you mean 'other RAFians'?" Esty said, quite alarmed.

"There was a subspace translocation bomb planted near RAF," Cloak explained.  "It blew us across space.  Goku, Sam and I landed here.  The others . . . I don't know."

"Cloak, I cannot give anyone a ride without incinerating them," Esty said.

"I'll be fine," Cloak said, waving the concern away, "only another Realm Walker can kill me.  It'd be a bit uncomfortable, it's true, but --"

"But what about the others, Cloak?" Esty interceded.  "They couldn't survive . . ."

Good point.  Cloak was so concerned with FINDING them, he didn't stop to consider this.

"Go get Yarin.  Have him follow you in his ship." Cloak suggested.

"On it." Esty said, and she was off.

Cloak looked up and saw Estelore disappear among the other stars.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:35:24 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #473 on: June 01, 2012, 09:14:45 AM »
Why WOULDN'T, the corps be fighting?

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #474 on: June 01, 2012, 12:45:06 PM »
Touche.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #475 on: June 01, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »
Touche.

:P

Essentially their polar opposites, and in no way-no how get along.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #476 on: June 02, 2012, 08:26:10 AM »
I see I have a fic competition now . . . ;) Bumpin' me off the top slot. XD

Oh, crossoverfan, I WILL do that story you suggested . . . only I've expanded it into a three-book arc.

Well, let's see here.

CHAPTER TWELVE:
Time to Regroup

Cloak unearthed something that caused him great discomfort in the intervening time between sending Estelore to get Yarin, and his arrival on his ship.  But Cloak didn't see Estelore.  When he inquired about it to Yarin, he replied that Estelore got caught up in that War of Light thing.  She ordered Yarin to go on, to gather the others.  Except Goku and Sam, who were engrossed with the War of Light with their willful Green Lantern brethren.  Cloak wondered quietly who they would put first, RAF or the Corps.  Siding with RAF could lead to their expulsion from the Corps.

"Ahh!" Yarin yelped.

"What is it?" Cloak asked, alarmed.

"Didn't you hear that psychic roar?"  Yarin breathed.  "No, sorry, no, of course not.  I forgot Realm Walker minds are different from Dwellers. . . ."

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"WHAT DID IT SAY!!"

"Oh, it was Estelore saying some not-too-nice words at a Red Lantern," Yarin replied, then asked. "Okay, where to first?"

"I would have to say," Cloak said, thoughtfully, "the home planet of the Red Lanterns."

Back to Blaze, Oceanspray, and Cornson, still trussed up a bit.  But Blaze had had quite enough at this point.  He incinerated his bonds, flared his wings so they smacked in his guards faces, disorientating them.  Cornson seemed to anticipate this, and coordinated his movements accordingly.  Then he rolled, snatched up his multi-purpose weapon, which glowed a similar red color as the animalistic Red Lanterns' power rings.

"Get them you fools!" Atrocius roared.

Oceanspray, too, had had enough.  He smacked off the device on his head, which did not have a very long battery-life apparently, and jumped into the fray.  They battled with bravery and valor . . . until the Red Lanterns flew into the sky, losing all interest in them.  This made Blaze a little angry -- angry enough that a free Red Lantern ring appealed to him to be its bearer.  He slashed it in two.

After a few hours, Cloak and Yarin showed up and collected the three.

Sakki, followed by Empress Goose and Blocky, were storming Larfleeze's headquarters.  Sakki found the light construct that stole her identity and . . . well, it wasn't pretty, but she destroyed it.  But she wasn't done yet.

"Wow . . . she can be quite . . . frightening." Empress Goose commented.

"Yes," Blocky said.

"HEY!  YOU TWO!  GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE AND HELP ME BEAT THIS THING WITHIN AN INCH OF HIS LIFE!!"

The two's eyes widened.

"Okay, she's really pissed." Empress Goose said, feeling truely intimidated."

Larfleeze had enough of this and flew away, getting mixed up in the War of Light.

"HEY!  ORANGE BOY!!  GET YOUR GREEDY BUTT BACK HERE!!!"

But then a yellow ring flew towards Sakki, but she smashed it pieces.  She eventually calmed down, but this was still a sore point with her.  It was then that Yarin's ship landed.

"Oh, NOW they come!"

Back on this realm's version of Qward, Dino was fighting a Sinestro Corps member that looked like the third form of Frieza, Demos was battling one that resembled the second form of Frieza, and Faerie had just sliced off the tails of two that resembled the first form and final form of Frieza.  They were going all out, though it seemed futile.  But, still, they fought on.

Then the yellow spandex-wearing creatures seemed to lose interest in them, as did the Greens, Reds and Larfleeze with the other RAFians.  Faerie was heard to loudly complain, "Awwww . . . no more?"

Then Yarin's ship landed peacefully, and the three -- with Dino in her more compact form, of course.

"Dino, wipe your feet!" Yarin complained.

Getting Blue, Parker, Rocklobster, Horse, Terenia, and Phoenix was a great deal easier.  They did not have to battle, but they were essentially calm and relaxed compared to the others.  They boarded with no hassle.  Blaze was a bit chafed at this, but it quickly abaited when Cloak voiced his concerns.

"I fear the Entities have been released."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:48:42 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #477 on: June 02, 2012, 12:42:41 PM »
Can't resist another chapter.  Again, remember, this realm is different than the DC realm.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
The Entities

"The what?" Blaze asked.

"The Entities," Cloak repeated, "the Emotional Entities.  Incoporeal beings that embody a singular emotion, and, presumably,gain strength from it."

"Oh, great," Sakki snarled, "as if it wasn't enough that we had to put up with that idiot who literally steals identities to do who knows what with?  Now we have to put up with these emotional entitie bull?"

"I didn't chose it," Cloak said.  "And I may not have the strongest evidence --"

"Uh, you kinda have NO evidence." Blaze pointed out.

"That doesn't mean it ain't happening," Phoenix said, arms crossed, brow furrowed in thought.

"But what exactly do we do about this?" Horse asked.  "We've got this information, but we have no way to act upon it."

"What information?" Empress Goose said.  "No offense, Cloak, but all we have is just some gut feeling of yours --"

"I trust those gut feelings," Cloak interrupted.  "But if any of you want to bow out of this, fine.  Yarin can take you back to RAF.  Just steer clear of anymore subspace translocation bombs."

Brief silence met these words.

"Cloak, I think you've got their attention," Yarin said, piloting the ship without looking back.  "Best to tell us how many of these entities there are."

"I'm a little fuzzy on the particulars, but I know there are about eight." Cloak said, rubbing his chin.  Then he counted them off on his fingers, "The Butcher, the red, bovine Entity of Rage.  Ophidian, the orange, serpentine Entity of Avarice.  Parrallax, the insectoid Entity of Fear.  Ion, the cetacean Entity of Will.  Adara, the avian Entity of Hope.  Proselyte, the cephalopoid Entity of Compassion.  And . . . uh . . . what was it?  Uh . . . oh yeah, the Predator, the saurian Entity of Love."

Silence met these words.  Perhaps everyone was considering it.  Perhaps they thought Cloak was a loon.  It didn't matter.

"So, are you still in, or do you wanna go running back to RAF?" Yarin asked, apparently accepting his role as, essentially, the bus driver.

Fortunately none of the RAFians aboard had heat vision.

"Uh, just how do we capture these creatures?" Terenia asked.

"I can use my energy abilities to lasso them, and I'll hold on . . ."

"And?" Demos asked with narrowed eyes.

"And we have to get a member of each Corps to say their oath, the one they use to charge their rings.  One at a time, though.  I doubt even I could wrangle all eight entities all by myself.  Even if Shadow was here."

"Great.  That'll be easy!" Sakki snorted.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:57:08 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #478 on: June 02, 2012, 08:49:50 PM »
This sounds like it's going to be an interesting show-down, for sure.

Wait, seriously, the entity of love is called 'the Predator'?  Wha?

radgeek

« Reply #479 on: June 02, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »
^ What she said.