Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 591041 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #4020 on: February 18, 2015, 09:24:26 PM »
Um . . . she's a seal, and that fact is overlooked?

. . .

You're not buying that excuse are you? Um . . . uh . . . distraction!

New chapter!

CHAPTER TWELVE:
Water Unbound

"We shattered her," Horse argued. "She's gone. How would --"

Then Jafar-like laughter rushed forth, like a tsunami flood.

"You've been a RAFian how long?" Shadow asked cheekily.

"Oh, shut up." Horse countered.

Regihydros Unbound was fairly human, but with piscine fins for ears. She wore sapphire blue arm guards, armored breastplate, and shoulderguards. Her legs were rather like an overlarge Pisccis Volann bodybuilder -- in the fact that they can merge together into a mermaid-esque tail. Her hair -- if you could call it that -- was a mass of writhing cephalopod tentacles, which she actually seemed to have sensation and tactile control over. She seemed to be quite a deal larger than her Confined form. As for her face -- it was harshly pointed and haughtily angled. Not very attractive.

"How d'ya like me now?" she sneered, her voice eeriely like Calmaramon. "Beautiful, no?"

"I'm inclined to agree," Aquilai said, to which Regihydros Unbound beamed -- which was more horrible then it just sneering (which could just be its default blank state). "You are definitely a 'beautiful no'."

"AQUILAI!" Shadow and Horse scolded.

"What?"

"Seriously? You don't know?" Shadow said.

"He's such a guy," Horse muttered.

"I'm going to try something," Shadow said. Then she went into the movements of her mother's special technique. Fluid energy rose around this heinously hideous creature in a double helix pattern. She looked momentary confused, before breaking the structure, tossing out vehemently venomous tirades about how Shadow was "making her look ugly".

Shadow bit back her retort that Regihydros Unbound didn't need her help for that.

The battle took up quickly from there. Horse found her self able to surf on any of Regihydros Unbound's water-based attacks (and they all were water-based). Shadow easily redirected the attacks with her own Water element mastery.

Regihydros Unbound moved into the pool's center. Moving into the center of her realm of control, of her power.

"Wait, there!" Aquilai cried, pointing to what appeared to be a crack in the ceiling. The Time Lord quickly eyed the hostages who, if they did not know better, would have guessed they were victims of Stockholm syndrome.

Aquilai did not have to say anything, as the hostages were now restrained by earth and ice barriers.

Then they cut into the ceiling, into a hidden electrical conduit, which caused some electrical wires to spill out . . . and touched Regihydros Unbound's back. And she was zapped. Then she disintegrated into a puddle of water, as the hostages looked as if they were coming out of a reverie, as the stone and ice barrier began to recede.

"That could have gone better," Shadow said.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4021 on: February 18, 2015, 11:22:31 PM »
Testosterone, eh? ::)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4022 on: February 19, 2015, 09:53:43 AM »
Quoth my non-RAFian friend, "Bleh bleh bleh." ;) Anyways, I'm off today, and I'll try to get two chapters up, but don't hold me to that.

New chapter.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
Mad With Power

The next location was the power plant.

"They're getting a little on-the-nose with these locations," Sakki said, disparagingly. "I mean, we can already pretty much guess just what our enemy's 'lord' or 'lady' over from just that alone."

<How do you figure?> Esplin said, although wanely.

"Quarry, lord of stone. Indoor pool, lady of water. Power plant," Sakki explained in a dry, flat tone, "you tell me."

<You don't know that. It could be different this time.> Esplin argued.

"It's actually eerily silent here, aside from the assorted machinery noises," Myitt noticed.

<So what?> Esplin said, adopting some of the Andalite arrogance.

"So there are supposed to be hostages, Esplin." Sakki said, as.if explaining something very simple to someone very obtuse. She tended to get testy like this during the prelude to battle.

At a nearby sound, Myitt deftly withdrew her weapon -- a Dracon beam she modified herself (with her human host's assistance, of course). She plopped a device over right ear that resembled a BlueTooth/Scouter hybridization, and she began to scan the area, with its readouts.

"Is that really necessary?" Sakki said, critiquing her Scouter hybrid. "Do really need to be all Lara Croft right now?"

Then Sakki turned to the slight shuffling sound that Myitt had heard. Esplin just looked imperious and unimpressed, borderline overconfident in his abilities. Sakki relied on her sonics and hand-to-hand combat (of which she had her own unique style).

<What the -->

It was the employees of the plant, as well as what appeared to be a school tour, a field trip, as their appeared to be an uniformed woman heading a group of elementary-aged children. They all stood as if they were reeds on the banks of a pond in the slightest of winds. Their heads were looking forward, their eyes -- pupil, iris, and sclera -- were glowing yellow. Like the other progeny of Garrotik, this one had a way to control people. Yet they way they moved was freakishly similar to the animatronics at "Five Nights at Freddy's", only they were purely organic.

"That's," Sakki said, unable to keep the revulsion from her voice, "that's . . . Thst's really screwed up, that's what that is."

"The Dark Synapse is not screwed up," a haughty voice (which had an underlying digitized buzz to it, if you listened closely enough) protested. "It is elegant and masterful in its design."

It was Regielectros Confined who spoke. Obviously.

"Let me guess, you designed it." Myitt said, without missing a beat.

"Yes," Regielectros said, grandly. "but that does not make it any less tru--"

"Lemme guess," Sakki said, indifferently, interrupting the son of Garrotik. "'Lord' of Thunder?
Lightning? Static cling?"

Regielectros Confined's eyes burned with anger. "You dare to disrespect ME, mortal?!"

"Kinda comes with the job," Sakki contered flippantly.

<Are we done with this pointless banter yet?> Esplin grumbled. <Can we just obliterate this idiot already?>

Sakki feigned looking as if she was considering this, then shrugged her shoulders and said, "Okay."

"You puny nothings think you can stand up to the mighty Lord of Thund--" Regielectros Confined raged.

"Yak yak yak," Sakki said, dismissively. Then she blasted her sonic scream and found it worked rather like a Boomburst attack. It even cracked Regielectros Confined's armor, which Esplin compounded by morphs something large enough to stomp him, and Myitt fired with pinpoint accuracy at what she believed to be the weakest spot. And he collapsed as his armor fractured off him. He didn't even manage to fire off more than a couple of weak sparks.

<There. Done.> Esplin said, before turning to walk away.

"Hey!" Sakki called out. "What makes you think thwt we're done here?"

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4023 on: February 19, 2015, 01:15:28 PM »
Sakki is basically RAF's battle-chirper. :P

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4024 on: February 20, 2015, 04:54:52 PM »
Every organisation needs one, Saffa, dontcha know. ;)

New chapter.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
Thunder Unbound

<He is finished, Sakki.> Esplin insisted. <To remain here, it is an exercise in futility, of stupid parano--"

Then a peel of Jafar-like laughter rent the air like a calamitous lighting strike.

"You were saying?" Sakki asked the Andalite-Controller, trying very hard not to be too smug about it.

<Oh, be silent,> Esplin responded huffily.

Regielectros Unbound rose up to his full height. He resembled a roughly anthropomorphic maned wolf with needle-sharp fur that had a bright, bioelectrical glow. His claws sparked everytime he flexed his hybrid paw-hands, including a stubby, almost vestigial opposable thumb on each one. On his back were wing-like appendages that appeared to be somewhere between Dunsparce's wings and those of Zekrom. These were hairless, and glowing of their own accord.

". . . A nightlight. He became a glorified nightlight." Sakki said drily.

"You DARE to mock me, mortal?!" Regielectros Unbound roared.

Sakki was unimpressed, and replied, "Well, someone has to do it. I mean, seriously."

"You IMPUDENT little --"

TSEEEEEEEEW!

"What?!" the son of Garrotik snarled. The shot had missed by inches. "Who dares?!"

"Don't you get tired of saying that?" Sakki said, as Esplin and Myitt stayed conspicuously quiet. "Really, Reg, you can think of better banter than the lame crap you been saying."

"DON'T CALL ME 'REG'!!!" Regielectros Unbound roared.

"Okay. How 'bout Reggie?" Sakki asked.

FWAP!

"Ah!" Regielectros gasped. Esplin's strike hit its mark quite remarkably well. Regielectros was, naturally, very livid about it. "You insignificant little nothings! You dare to attack me?!"

"Well, I thought that was the entire purpose of this exercise," Sakki said, conversationally, sbifting Regielectros Unbound's attention back onto her. "You and your psycho siblings wanted this little game, did you not?"

This seemed to suck some bravado from him, which he recovered and refined it into arrogance. "True, but you were not to --"

"Not to attack you without your say so?" Sakki said, predicting his response. She was deliberately maneuvering in such a way so that Regielectros Unbound's deep laceration was less guarded. "Tell me this then -- if you're so high and mighty, why do you require a handicap like that?"

Regielectros wanted to argue, but Sakki's logic was sound. And Myitt's aim was true.

TSEEEW!!

Regielectros Unbound did not roar or scream or anything. Awful silence was rendered.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4025 on: February 20, 2015, 09:59:06 PM »
So is this going to be more than 20 chapters or split into two books?

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4026 on: February 20, 2015, 10:14:41 PM »
More than twenty. Remember, I've planned these all out in advance. I mean, I'm apready planning the chapters for Book CDII. Granted, sometimes it changes when I actually write them. For instance, Abomination wasn't originally slated to die in Book L, I think it was.

But no more chapters tonight. Got to go to work in the morning.

:edit: New chapter.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
Mind Games

The next location was a museum.

Yarin, Noelle, and Terenia walked rather sedately. They were not disguised, and only Terenia could pass as human without a disguise. The museum was so eerily quiet that even the gentle clopping of Noelle's hooves reverberated almost ominously.

<Where is everyone? Is this a human holiday?> Noelle asked, her tail quivering anxiously. Her stalk eyes were moving almost perpetually.

"Holiday? No," Terenia answered, "but there is probably a very good reason for the desertion of this museum. Perhaps they're simply in a nother part of it, a new exhibit, perchance."

"No, I cannot sense any other minds . . ." Yarin said. "Except for one."

"Very good, little telepath." Regineuros said. But she chose not to speak from her own mouth. The voice was a kid's.

The three RAFians came to a large room -- an atrium, really -- where the floor was littered eith skeletal reconstructions of long-dead beasts. But at the far end of the room, by a naked wall, were what the three could only assume were the museum's visitors or patrons or staff. Regineuros Confined stood before them.

It also appeared that a school group of indeterminate age were visiting on some sort of class trip. Possibly a different grade (or school altogether) than the one touring the power plant.

It was a boy who spoke. He had rather spiky, messy, brown hair, as if he were an anime character, and large, vacant, blue eyes. Though, upon observation of the rest of the group assembled, they all had vacant eyes. Yarin was the only one of the three that knew and remembered the Unimind incident, and this was something eerily similar.

"Very good to have made it here," a silver-haired boy said, though his face remained blank, body unusually stiff, like a mannequin, and his hazel eyes were vacant.

"It certainly took you long enough," said a brown-haired girl with dark, vacant eyes. Her body, too, was stiff like a mannequin's and her face, too, was blank -- devoid of emotion.

"I swear it's just as creepy as last time," Yarin muttered.

<Last time?> Noelle questioned.

"Later," Yarin stressed.

"Can you speak on your own?" Terenia said, with an almost academic weariness.

"Yes, I can," she replied, speaking through a burly man in khakis and a dark blue shirt. His eyes remained vacant as the others, and it was not monotone, though his blank face did not show it. Terenia had no idea if that was even physically possible.

"I just chose to refuse to deign to speak to you," she continued, switching to a teenaged girl with copious black hair and simple fashion choice. "Though I must ask --"

She switched to speaking to a blond boy, who was clearly small for his age, "How are you blocking my telepathic probes? How can you shield your minds from me like that? My mind is the apex mental compacity in all of creation. No mind is unreadable to me."

She switched to a frail-looking old man, "How'd you do it?"

The three RAFians said nothing, but stood their ground, undeterred by the creepiness of this daughter of Garrotik. They shared a glance with each other.

"Making plans, already?" Regineuros Confined said through a woman -- apparently a person on the museum's staff or one.of the kids' chaperones. "Tsk tsk tsk. Too bad it won't plan out."

"You can tell the future?" Terenia said, voice soaked through with skepticism.

"Yes," Regineuros lied, through a little redhead girl.

Noelle snorted at this very thought. <Maybe one possible future, if you're speaking the truth at all."

"I am," she said, speaking through all her hostages at once.

It was Terenia's turn to snort derisively. "You're confused. It's the past that's immutable, unchangeable. The future is full of possibilities, ever flowing, ever changing. We are not that foolish."

"Let's just get this thing done," Yarin said, wanely. "I think I may have left my Bunsen burner on at RAF."

Yarin tried to attack her telepathically, and found that she put up a better fight then he expected. But her control over the hostages began to wane slightly. Their eyes flickered between consciousness and vacancy. She couldn't divide her attention forever.

The fact that she was using the hostages in such a way could and would be used against her.

Yarin continued to telepathically push back against the Lady of the Mind, while Noelle was rapidly morphing into a Psycholeopterran and Terenia took out . . . a ruler. But Terenia spun the ruler like a baton and it expanded into a quarterstaff-sized, pole-like ruler. Terenia was deathly with her Ruler of Death.

The Lady of the Mind was equally distracted by Noelle (using the hypnotic powers of the Psycholeopterran) and Yarin (who did not relent in his telepathic assault), and Terenia wailed on her with this ruler-pole.

"Ruler of Death, extend!" Terenia said, before delivering the final blow, breaking Regineuros Confined and seemingly breaking her control over the hostages.

Terenia landed holding the ruler/quarterstaff behind her, as Noelle landed and demorphed.

"Don't get too complacent, it's not over," Yarin warned.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:21:08 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4027 on: February 22, 2015, 04:24:37 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:
Mind Unbound

The hostages blinked and held their heads, ironing their foreheads, as if they were suffering mild migraines. They looked very disorientated.

<Uh . . . Yarin? You sure?> Noelle asked, with uncertainty.

"Yes!" the Nyac insisted.

Suddenly, all the hostages' bodies went rigid again. Maybe a little stiffer. Their eyes became vacant pools again. Arms dropped immediately to their sides. A Jafar-like peel of racuous, insane laughter rent from their mouths.

Wait, no!

It came from another source as well, far louder than the hostages.

"I should really thank you, you lot!" the chorus of voices announced proudly (though the hostages faces and body language remained passive and blank). Then the chorus made noises and grunts of appreciation. "I always hated being confined to that form!"

Regineuros Unbound was rather macrocephalic to an extreme degree, and the rest of her body, despite expectations, was not vestigial, but strangely strong and muscular. But her physical strength wasn't more than that of an average, modern-day human. She wore violet, metallic shoulderguards with a black leather cape and metal body armor rather like that of a French knight.

Her head was a pale violet and yellow eyes the size of standard-sized globes, with black triangular marks immediately above and below her eyes. She also possesses a spherical amethyst in her forehead, deep purplish-black lips, and had prominent, clefted chin. It was actually remarkable how she could walk with the dignity and undeserved sense of superiority, although she was probably telekinetically holding it up. This would be remarkable in and of itself as she retained control over like twenty humans, at the very least.

"Uh oh," Yarin said.

"Oh, she's no different than that guy with the Darwin gun," Terenia said, bracingly.

"That's not what I meant," the Nyac said, fretfully. "She's linked herself with the hostages."

<Yeah, we can see that,> Noelle said drily.

"No! She's interlaced her mind with them! Anything happens to her happens to them!"

Another Jafar-esque laugh in chorus.

<I'm really beginning to hate that laugh,> Noelle said testily.

"Can you undo it?" Terenia asked.

"Already on it, actually," Yarin noted. "Just distract her. Might make it both easier and faster."

It took about two or three hours for Yarin undo the mental lattice that Regineuros built as the firls battled her from all sides. Regineuros managed to telekinetically force them away with movements that appeared similar to the force push. You'd think with a head like that she wouldn't be so easily distracted, but Terenia has worked with kids, so she knows how to keep attention. Besides, being nearly whacked upside the head with an expanding ruler of death (she could feel its slipstream) and Noelle's Psycholeopterran morph hypnotic abilities tend to make it hard for anyone to concentrate.

"There, done!" Yarin announced, before turning his telepathic might at Regineuros Unbound herself. She found herself unable to cope with this onslaught, though she remained confused as to how they seemingly got so powerful in such a short time.

"Teamwork -- pity you and your ilk don't understand that." Terenia said, before delivering the final blow.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4028 on: February 22, 2015, 03:18:45 PM »
I love the Ruler of Death. XD

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4029 on: February 22, 2015, 11:23:50 PM »
Well, it makes her more of a force to be reckoned with and gives her some uniqueness to stand out against the others. The Ruler of Death actually came out from something from chat a long time ago, if I recall correctly.

Now, I have an awful lot of new book ideas. I may have rehashed some old plots, but I hope that I didn't. So, here they are:

• Book DCLXVII: "Return of [censored]" -- An old, nearly-forgotten foe returns to plague the lives of the RAFians yet again.
  • Book DCLXVIII: "A Way In" -- Two old foes of RAF discover a way into the forum unnoticed by the RAFians themselves.
  • Book DCLXIX: "Destruction From Within" -- The two "moles" are unmasked.
  • Book DCLXX: "Not Today, Not Ever" -- The two "moles" meet their inevitable fate.
  • Book DCLXXI: "Warrior Coins" -- A group of teenagers find the Warrior Coins, which have a very big caveat before using them.
  • Book DCLXXII: "Thunder . . . Thunder . . . Thunder Coins!" -- A group of preteens find the Thunder Coins, unaware of the caveat of using them.
  • Book DCLXXIII: "Go, Ninja, Go, Ninja -- Coins" -- A group of prepubescents find the Ninja Coin, and heartily abuse them.
  • Book DCLXXIV: "Son of [censored]" -- [censored] and [censored] have a son, which reaches adolescence supernaturally fast, and calls himself Slayer of All Things (Slayer, for short).
  • Book DCLXXV: "Thirst to Prove Himself" -- Slayer goes on a killing spree, trying to prove himself to his parents.
  • Book DCLXXVI: "Wild Beasts" -- Wild meets some kindred spirits.
  • Book DCLXXVII: "Rites of Initiation" -- The RAFians are targeted as assassination targets yet again, this time by mutant ninjas.
  • Book DCLXXVIII: "Reptilon Relations" -- Earth-Reptilon relations begin to deteriorate.
  • Book DCLXXIX: "Binding Magicks" -- An evil sorceress binds mythical beasts to newborn children, a forbidden, unconscionable act.
  • Book DCLXXX: "The Beast Within" -- This sorceress then pulls a Circe, manifesting the beasts within people into the physical realm.
  • Book DCLXXXI: "Sowing Distrust" -- RAF's enemies try to sow distrust and discontent among the RAFians.
  • Book DCLXXXII: "TCG -- Tradeable Cataclysm Generators" -- Three kids accidentally release mythical beasts that were trapped in what they assumed to be playing cards.

Remember all titles are subject to change.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4030 on: February 23, 2015, 12:27:56 AM »
So many books! :o

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4031 on: February 23, 2015, 06:37:34 PM »
And I fully intend to write each and every one.

New chapter.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
Virulent Love

The next location was a chemical plant.

"I am getting an eerie making-of-the-Joker vibe here," AniDragon said.

"Just try not to fall into a vat of acid from a catwalk, then," Goom said, simply.

"Is that how it happened? I'm afraid I'm not caught up with villain origin stories." Kelly said benignly. "I never really got all that -- hey, what's that?"

The trio noticed a rather strange shuffling, and they saw the staff of this plant just standing there, their skin, hair, and clothing looking slimy and grimy. They were covered in something like a symbiote's slime, but only transpsrent enough to see the person beneath. And they seemed awake and aware of being used as such, if their fearful eyes were any indication. Their bodies were moving of their own accord, and there wasn't anything they could do about it.

"That's awful," Goom said, simoutaneously appalled by what happened (and is still happening) to them and sympathy for the victims.

"Yes, it is," Kelly agreed, before pressing on slowly. "But it wasn't what I was talking about . . ."

It was to the rather upbeat music that had began to play as a voice sang:

"Hit me one time.
Hit me twice.
Oh! Ah!
Oh, that's rather nice.
Virulent oil, virulent slime,
Virulent sludge,
Black clouds and noxious schmucks,
Grime beneath me, mmm,
Slime up above.
"

The male voice laughed evilly, followed by a very audible belch.

"Where is his manners?" Kelly asked primly, but the song continued anyway.

"I see this world and all the beasts in it.
I suck'em dry and spit'em out like spinach.
'Coz greedy corporate beings will always lend a hand
With the destruction of this worthless wild land.
And what a beautiful methodolgy they have provided,
To slice a patch of doom
With my sweet breath to guide it.
"

He laughed hysterically again. It was rather Jafar-like.

"Fithy earthen ground,
Poisoned rain pouring down
Like egg chowmein.
Grime beneath me,
Mmm, slime up above.
Ooh, you'll love my . . .
Virulent love.
"

"Huh," Goom said. "I thought they would be too high and mighty to sing."

"If you can call that singing," AniDragon noted. "I mean, he makes Justin Bieber sound actually credible as a singer."

Regitoxicos seemed to hear her and took that as a compliment, not because he admired Justin Bieber -- he did not even know who Mr. Ego was -- but he entertained the notion that he was the worst singer in the world, which he very well may have been.

"Yes!" he said. His speaking voice wasn't much better -- like listening to a donkey speak with both a sore, swollen throat and with a French-like accent. "Yes! I can control toxins of any form! Slime, grime, oil, acid, venoms -- all within my sphere of control as the Lord of Poison. Bad music and bad singing fall under musical poison, thus under my control, too."

"And you're insane." Kelly said.

"And I'm in-- HEY!" Regitoxicos said, realizing what he was about to say midway through.

From their the battle commenced, but was ended rather quickly when Regitoxicos Confined was apparently crushed under some large boulders.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4032 on: February 24, 2015, 11:11:24 AM »
Ah, I was wondering when someone would start singing. ;)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4033 on: February 24, 2015, 08:00:10 PM »
;)

New chapter.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
Poison Unbound

"Don't suppose that he'd stay down, d'you?" AniDragon said, dryly.

The characteristic, Jafar-like peel of laughter reverberated around the plant.

"Answer your question?" Goomba replied tonelessly.

AniDragon sighed with weary annoyance, "Unfortunately."

"Look on the bright side, AniDragon," Kelly said, "maybe he won't sing again."

"Yeah, Kirby sang better," she agreed. "And when Kirby sings, everything dies."

"Aww! Thanks!!" Regitoxicos Unbound said, whose voice was now raspy alternating to gravelly. He was taking it as a compliment.

Regitoxicos Unbound's form was more fluid, more flowing, than his Confined form. He looked like Hexxus from "FernGully" and Sootani from the "Aladdin" television show. He was massive with prominent lips and a primarily bulky body made of acidic, venomous sludge, yet more organized and less chaotic than something like Raremon or Muk. He was not a very pretty sight . . . and he reveled in his hideousness.

He was . . . odd. But, in a strange way, it made sense. Poisons can be very odd themselves at times. Unpredictable. So, it would follow that one who claimed to be Lord of them would be rather unprecedented and erratic in his behavior. Or he could have just been just plain bonkers.

"Let's get this party started, then!" Regitoxicos Unbound said, in a way rather reminiscent of Deadpool. He juggled three softball-sized spheres of sludge, presumably the toxic kind. "Are you ready for this?!"

"I got this," Goom said, holding a wooden baseball bat . . . somehow.

"Where did you get that bat from?" Kelly asked.

AniDragon followed up with her own question three seconds after Kelly issued hers, "How are you holding that bat?"

"You two think that trival questions like that are necessary right now?" Goom said, deliberately sidestepping their questions.

"Batter up!" Regitoxicos Unbound announced gleefully. Then he pitched the sludge ball at Goom, who hit with a resounding CRACK. It was a home run hit, and Goom, despite himself, felt very smug about it.

"Second pitch!" Regitoxicos Unbound's enthusiasm did not ebb at all. With another resounding CRACK, Goom hit another home run. Goom was starting to wonder what the point behind this was.

The third pitch was the final one. Only there was no resounding crack, and the bat felt unusually light. Which was because each sludge ball had eatten through the thick wood of the bat, until the bat was in two pieces. Goom -- somehow -- dropped the broken bat.

"THAT was my favorite bat," Goom said. It was odd to see him so angry, as he so rarely got irate. "It was signed by my favorite player an all."

"Then why did you use it as a weapon?" AniDragon asked.

"Because shut up," Goom snapped.

Regitoxicos Unbound paid no mind to this exchange, and just hurled a beach ball-sized sludge ball at Kelly, who would not have enough time to dodge it. She did not try, but did not know why. She held out her hands and the sludge ball, mere moments before it would make contact with her, was immersed in a gold light.  The sludge ball became inert . . . inert and harmless.

"Uh . . ." Regitoxicos Unbound wasn't so flippant now. "Uh, can we talk about this?"

"Kelly, you can end this battle!"

"No really," she replied. "The sludge ball alone sapped me of a lot of energy."

"Then I'll just give you a boost," AniDragon said decisively.

"I'll stop! Seriously! It was, uh, it was all in good fun!" Regitoxicos Unbound said.

In response, AniDragon placed her hand on Kelly's shoulder and activated her power. Kelly strode to Regitoxicos Unbound, affected the appearance of fear . . . but the sense of fear was foreign to Garrotik's progeny.

They did what had to be done. Despite Regitoxicos hoping for it, the two lady RAFians did not forget the hostages, still mired in the goo.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:03:10 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4034 on: February 25, 2015, 04:10:41 AM »
There was an Aladdin TV show? O.o