Author Topic: Fowlmorphs #1 The Other Universe  (Read 1384 times)

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
Fowlmorphs #1 The Other Universe
« on: December 06, 2011, 08:31:04 PM »
Okay, so this is a AF/animorphs crossover that I wrote on FG. I know, it is totally out of character, so what I'm mostly looking for is ways to make the characters more in character. Mostly the Animorphs ones, but if you do read Artemis Fowl, I can use some help with those too. And no, I don't mind if you post feedback here. And yeah, I realize that they never mentioned Rachel having a shed and Tobias morphing in it, but I couldn't think of anything else.  >.<
[spoiler=notes]This takes place between Animorphs #44 and #45 and (way) after AF #8.
This is considering that all those other characters survived. They are awesome characters I need in here
 I might have gotten some facts from the books wrong.
And since I really really want to morph, I included my friends and I as characters. If you really really want to be a character in here, PM me. (Just tell me name, appearance, gender, age, species, good or evil and other stuff that you feel you should add)
And characters will be out of character, but it's the best I can do  *Adding to that, people will be even more out of character, so yeah.
And I'll try to update it once every week, but no promises.
Also, I changed Captain Holly Short to Major Holly Short. I figured that way after #8, she'll be promoted by then.[/spoiler]
So[spoiler=chapter 1]
Chapter 1
Tobias

My name is Tobias.
  I can't tell you my last name. But I can tell you where I live. Saying “I live in a forest” isn’t exactly specific. But that’s where I live.
 Why am I living in a forest? Well… it’s a really long story. Okay, long story short: once, when walking home from the mall, we cut through the abandoned construction site. There and Andalite named Elfangor crash landed there. He knew that he was going to die and that when he does, earth is lost. So he told us about the Yeerks, parasites that can go into your brain and take control of you, with you still being aware of it. And he gave us the power to morph, to turn into any animal we acquire the DNA of. But it did have a few problems. The biggest one is the time limit. You can be an animal for two hours, but past that without demorphing, you’ll be trapped forever. That night, our lives changed. We, being Jake, Rachel, Marco Cassie and I, we started fighting the Yeerks and learned a lot while doing so and a lot of things happened to us while doing so. For one, I got trapped as a red-tailed hawk while trying to escape the Yeerks Pool, where Yeerks have to get out of their host and feed every three days. We also met Elfangor’s younger brother, who we just call Ax for short.
It was a really nice day today; starting from the moment I woke up from the branch I was perched on sleeping. The other’s, all but Ax, was at school. The first thing I had to do was to catch breakfast. Unfortunately for me, there isn’t a breakfast store for hawks do I would have to catch breakfast myself. Not that I minded. In the beginning, when I first got trapped I could just imagine Marco making a joke about it, but now the other Animorphs all accept it. Luckily for me, about two seconds later I heard a mice running through the forest. I kept my eye on it, and swooped down. I caught it quickly ate it. Ax and I were planning to identify more controllers. It often took a while, and we have nothing to do. I flew over the forest, riding the pillows of rising air called thermals, and quickly spotted Ax. He was just finishing up his morning ritual. I landed on a branch right above his stalk eyes.
  Andalites are weird aliens. They look somewhat like a centaur, but are blue, have no mouth, has a long, scorpion tail shaped tail with a blade on the end. Also stalk eyes that can move independently as well as two main eyes like a human.
   <Hello Tobias,>Ax said in thought-speak, sort of like telepathy. <Are you ready to go now?>
   <Yep,>I replied
  Ax started morphing to a northern harrier.
  It's already really odd watching humans mutate into animals, but it's weirder with Andalites.
  Ax's tail began to separate, then shrunk and turned into feathers. At the same time, his body started getting covered with feather designs, and then turned into feathers. He was also shrinking now, and his stalk eyes got sucked into his head. His beak grew. Then finally his arms turned into wings. His front legs disappeared and the back legs grew onto talons. Ax was a northern harrier now. He flapped up to the sky and I followed him.
 <Do you want to split up?> I asked Ax.
 Ax replied, <Yes, we can cover more space then.>
 He flew off in one direction while i flew toward the movie theater. It is one of the Yeerk Pool exits we knew. You see, Yeerks have to return to a Yeerk Pool every three days to get Kandrona rays or they die. That to them is like food to us. So one of the exits from the Yeerk Pool is through the movie theater. There were always more people exiting then entering.
 I kept my eye on the first person I saw. He looked about twelve, had dark black hair and was wearing a suit. I found that a bit odd. Who wears suits to the movies? I then noticed that he was carrying a book. I read the summary but it didn't help much. The guy started to read the book.
 Unfortunately for me, the guy stopped reading after the third chapter and I was hooked into the book. But fortunately I saw the name of the book. "Artemis Fowl", by Eoin Colfer. At that time, Ax caught up to me.
<Tobias,> he called to me Tobias, <Have you identified any new controllers yet?>
<No, but I did find a good book,> I replied.
<Tobias, we are here to identify new controllers, not look for books.>
<Yeah, I know, but that was one really good book.>
Ax was silent.
<You know Ax,>I said, <I'm going to the book store. Want to come with me?>
<No thank you Tobias. Prince Jake called a meeting. It's not important and has nothing to do with Yeerks but it is in the forest so I would like to go.>
"Prince" is an Andalite military rank. It's basically a leader, and since Jake is the leader of our little group, Ax considers him his "Prince".
<Okay,> I said, <See you later then.>
I headed to Rachel's house, in her shed, which she prepared for me just in case I wanted to morph human, and started morphing.
Despite the fact that I am trapped in morph, I can still morph. You see, once, a long time ago, I helped the Ellimist free two Hork-Bajirs. The Ellimist paid me back by giving me back my morphing powers and twisting time to let me acquire my old self. Since the Ellimist is some sort of an all powerful being. They make humans look as dumb as cows.
I morphed human. I grew taller, and at the same time my talons grew and turned into human feet. The feathers became tattoos on my skin then disappeared. Inside, my organs and bones were rearranging them self with a slushy sound. My beak turned into my nose and my wings turned into my arms and hand. At last, my hearing grew muddy and my sight was fuzzier. All the changed were complete in about two minutes. I then put on some cloth Rachel kept in her shed for me. When I decided to morph human.
I waked to the book store, into it and headed for the teen fiction area. To my surprise, it wasn't there and instead I found it in the 8-12 section on the book store. I checked the time. Good, I still had at least one and a half hours in morph. You see, ever since the Elimist gave me back my morphing powers, the rad-tailed hawk is my natural form. So if I stayed human for more then two hours, I'd be trapped as a human. Trapped as a person who is no longer me.
 I was just about to pick up the book when i heard a voice that seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere at once. It was the Ellimist's voice.

I WILL GIVE YOU A VACATION.

And suddenly, I was a hawk once more, right above the ocean
[/spoiler]
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
Re: Fowlmorphs #1 The Other Universe
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »

What do you mean by AF? Do you mean Artemius Fowl? Seeing as I've never read/watched that series, I think I'd better not post here if it is.

Here's an idea: Would you, yun, be interested in writing a collaboration fanfic with me? It's a crossover, and it's for DBZ, but I plan to handle all the 'Z aspects, EVERYTHING, but I need someone to handle the Animorphs' aspects. If you're interested, could you float me a message? Thanks.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 05:33:56 PM »
No, I sorta meant help on the Animorphs part. I find it out of character, so I'm mostly looking for feedback there.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline XtheoniongirlX

• Queen of Smut
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 10:39:11 PM »
It sounds good so far, although not enough has happened to figure out whether you've got any problems with the characters' portrayal. You've got Ax down perfectly. Tobias is done alright too, especially with the "They make humans look as dumb as cows," line, which I could definitely imagine him saying. But I would suggest you try to avoid using the word "odd" too much. That's more along Cassie's and Jake's lines, I think. Maybe throw in a "strange" instead? That's all I can really come up with based on the first chapter alone, along with a few typos that are easy enough to fix.

Keep up the good work - although a month's gone by and for all I know you're already done the entire story!
The store was closed, but the salesman said he could wait if we hurry.
But we were delayed en route when a stingray in front of us killed a pedestrian.