Author Topic: Did Cassie REALLY ask for permission?  (Read 786 times)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
Did Cassie REALLY ask for permission?
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:10:40 AM »
Okay, I know pop has talked about this, but I thought about it too when I first read it. Did Cassie really ask Rachel for her permission in morphing her? I mean, I know they talked about it beforehand and Rachel didn't seem all that upset at the idea, but not being upset at the idea and verbally consenting to allow someone else to be able to acquire your DNA and copy you is a whole different thing. Even worse is that Cassie immediately morphed Rachel afterwards! She couldn't have morphed something else? Like a ****roach or a fly or a flea? Really, it was entirely unnecessary, and Rachel not getting mad was really kind of jarring to me. I mean, I know it's her best friend, but if it was me in that situation, I'd say it straight out, even if that other person HAD asked permission: "Why did you morph me? There were so many other things you could have morphed!"

Well, thoughts?

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Did Cassie REALLY ask for permission?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »
No she didn't. She just kind of assumed Rachel would be ok with it. Which seems a bit out of character for Cassie and possibly Rachel. Also I think book 16 was the one where they decided morphing Humans was wrong, and Cassie said she did get Rachel's permission to do it. That was kind of odd. I mean, if my best friend grabbed a swiss cake roll out of my special stash, I wouldn't get all upset about it but I'd still rather he not do it. That's not even in the same league as acquiring someone's DNA without express permission. This wasn't even really an emergency situation. Rachel didn't really HAVE to be there.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 01:08:24 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 01:09:03 PM »

Well, they did acquire the DNA of a pair of Idiot Balls before the mission, respectively...

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:36:36 PM »
which book was it? i dont recall the situation.

also, not morphing humans was pretty much just a jake and cassie ideal, the others didnt seem as opposed to it and were just a little squicked out as opposed to finding it full on immoral.

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 12:55:53 PM »

#12. The Reaction.

Pop, you talked about this in your review; why don't you float a message on here, give us your thoughts? ;)

NateSean

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »
Then again, Rachel and Cassie are best friends.

Book Rachel isn't afraid to voice her feelings if she doesn't like something and she was well within her rights to rip Cassie a new one. Since she never did, at least not that we see "on screen" we can assume that Rachel was over it by the time Xena popped on.