Author Topic: Why do some people misunderstand Jake at the End?  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Champion

Re: Why do some people misunderstand Jake at the End?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 02:46:21 PM »
The only thing Im mad at Jake for was ramming the blade ship. He didnt even ask anyone else if they cared, he was just like, ram it.
Everything else he was forced to do. He knew that the last battle was going to be the one to deside all others, and he knew that sacrifices were going to have to be made. I cant blame him for being so depressed. He asked the auxillary animorphs to join the war, and do watch them die like that...

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 03:56:35 PM »
He did after they all made a quick, unspoken agreement.
Ya know, the one where all they have to do is look at each other to know what everyone's thinking?
That kinda thing.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Champion

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 02:00:27 PM »
oh. i didnt remember that.

Offline V2113

• Recently Returned Raffian, RRR
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »
The only thing Im mad at Jake for was ramming the blade ship. He didnt even ask anyone else if they cared, he was just like, ram it.

Marco said for Jake to trust his gut instinct. Obviously, that was his gut instinct. He knew they couldn't go back because they'd be killed. He knew they couldn't run away because they'd be killed. So the only thing to do was to go forward. As Marco said (not exactly like this but pretty close), "You can't think things through. You have to trust your instincts and make the right choice. Just don't think about it, like you did when we were kids. When you started to doubt yourself you nearly got us all killed, so trust your gut instinct." Well, something like that anyway.
Don't blame Jake. Don't blame anyone.
I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

I am currently a Heroes fan who enjoys writing more than anything in the world.

Offline sherrilina

• Jake/Cassie ftw!
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 06:02:04 PM »
I know what you mean, I think he's misunderstood by a lot of people at the end as well--myself included initially.  I remember the first time I read the last few books being horrified by the way Jake's character turned out in the end (especially the shots he was calling), but now that I'm older I can see the tragedy of it, and see where he was coming from.  And I love him all the more for it....he always was, and still is my favorite character fo the series, and I can understand why he did what he did at the end.  But on the other hand I can also see perhaps where people would have been annoyed at his choices--but really, he had few choices, and the fact that they won the way they did was pretty amazing.
"Cassie is quieter than Rachel, more peaceful, like she always understands everything on some different, more mystical level.  I guess you could say I kind of like Cassie......"