Author Topic: Would Rachel be older than Tobias?  (Read 1978 times)

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Would Rachel be older than Tobias?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 12:58:31 PM »
At present, in modern american society, documents are everything. And for someone like Tobias, who's life story is known by everyone, it's not going to be contested what age he his.
There is no way to address the situation of a 18 yro in a child's body.
Age is defined as: The length of time that a person has lived or a thing has existed.
And the age of consent is depend on that definition, because it has no need, and no way to measure how that can contrast with a  "body's" age.
So I don't think you have a way to say Tobias is not 18

Again, modern law doesn't address something that doesn't exist, such as this dilemma.
The closet we come are cases were a persons body fails or is slow to mature. They have the body of a child. But they are not. But if they've been on the planet 18 yrs they are legally adults. And they can do whatever they please with those bodies.

I don't know if there are laws for mentally disabled. But for almost all scenarios your age is from the year you were born, to the present, and if that's of legal status, you're good to go.

And a thought I've had before: It would seem odd, to me, near the end, were 4 16 yros are hanging with 2 13 yros. (Ax's human shouldn't age either)
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 01:03:51 PM »

Ah, ok, didn't know about that. Thanks for clearing that up RYTX.

Lol, four sixteen-year-olds hanging around with two thirteen-year-olds. Why, no, Visser, nothing suspicious about that at all. :P

Offline Canicula

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 08:05:48 AM »
Like the most people here I think it would be legal, because Tobias IS 18 even if his body is younger. But the court is only interested in how old he really is and it can be proved that he is older.
But the really interesting thing for me is not what the court would think, but how Rachel and Tobias would handle this issue. If his human body really haven't aged a relationship could be quiet difficult. Well, if he would become a nothlit in his human body the body would age, but it would still be three years younger than Rachel's. And even if he is mentally the same age in some points of a relationship would it be difficult.
This thread really makes me want to write a fanfiction about that issue xD

I'm from Germany, so don't wonder, if my sentences are a bit weird sometimes...

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 11:56:23 AM »
Like the most people here I think it would be legal, because Tobias IS 18 even if his body is younger. But the court is only interested in how old he really is and it can be proved that he is older.
But the really interesting thing for me is not what the court would think, but how Rachel and Tobias would handle this issue. If his human body really haven't aged a relationship could be quiet difficult. Well, if he would become a nothlit in his human body the body would age, but it would still be three years younger than Rachel's. And even if he is mentally the same age in some points of a relationship would it be difficult.

at 3 years it wouldnt be difficult at all.  now, if they get married and he never goes nothlit (well he might have to or his hawk body would die) and at some point she looks old enough to be his mother, peopel might start giving them weird looks, but does rachel really seem like the type of person to care about people giving her weird looks?

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 12:04:25 PM »

Go for it, Canciula! ^_^ As for this whole debate, I think, for me at least, that is' probably wound itself down.

Offline Canicula

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 06:50:52 AM »

at 3 years it wouldnt be difficult at all.  now, if they get married and he never goes nothlit (well he might have to or his hawk body would die) and at some point she looks old enough to be his mother, peopel might start giving them weird looks, but does rachel really seem like the type of person to care about people giving her weird looks?

No, Rachel is not the kind of person who gives something about what people might say, I think the Problem would be in an other aspect of the relationship. I mean, she has the body of a 18 old girl and he of an 13 year old boy. I think that would be a bit weird when it goes about more then just kissing...
Sure, if Tobias would stay as a nothlit and they waited a few years his body would grow up and everything would be normal, because three years of age difference isn't that much when you are older. But to wait three years can be very long  ;D

Go for it, Canciula! ^_^ As for this whole debate, I think, for me at least, that is' probably wound itself down.

I'd really like to. that could be funny, but even if I would write it, it would be in german xD

I'm from Germany, so don't wonder, if my sentences are a bit weird sometimes...

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 06:57:02 AM »

Well do what you want.

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 12:23:13 PM »

No, Rachel is not the kind of person who gives something about what people might say, I think the Problem would be in an other aspect of the relationship. I mean, she has the body of a 18 old girl and he of an 13 year old boy. I think that would be a bit weird when it goes about more then just kissing...
Sure, if Tobias would stay as a nothlit and they waited a few years his body would grow up and everything would be normal, because three years of age difference isn't that much when you are older. But to wait three years can be very long  ;D

I'd really like to. that could be funny, but even if I would write it, it would be in german xD

theres nothing stopping them from aquiring human morphs of equivalent age, or for that matter, animals.