Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

Acquiring the same DNA at different ages

(1/6) > >>

Essam 293:
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, so I thought I'd ask.

We know that when you acquire an animal or a person that you acquire them at the current age that they are in. For example, if you acquire an adult male lion, you'd morph an adult male lion. You're not going to accidentally morph the lion as a cub or anything, because you acquired the DNA of the lion as an adult.

However, say if you acquired the lion when it was a cub. You'd then morph it into a cub, right? But what if you came back a couple of years later and acquired that same lion again, but now as an adult? The DNA of the lion would still be the same, right? Would acquiring the same DNA again with a different age overwrite the previous DNA with it as a cub? Or would there simply be two sets of the same DNA now, with both the cub and the adult?

It's a random question, I know. But I just thought of it and I wanted to know what you all think. I'm not much of a science guy, so if anyone can shed light into this topic, then that'd be interesting to hear. :)

Touquie:
I think that the DNA ages as you go along.  Remember when Jake ran into Tobias in the future?  Tobias was morphed as Ax, but the morph was older.

So if you aquired the same animal at different stages of it's life, it would still be the same when you morphed.  The current age that it is in.

Essam 293:
But how would that work with insects or animals that only live for a certain number of hours, days, or weeks? Obviously the DNA morph doesn't just die inside the host. Otherwise they'd be morphing zombie ants and flies. :o :P

Chad32:
I think that, even though it's the same DNA, it would work like having two lion morphs. You could concentrate on the image of the cub, or the adult, and even though it's the same lion they would still be separate. The adult wouldn't overwrite the cub.

Truth, haven't you been here long enough to know about the Random Animorphs thoughts thread? For shame.

I think that thread should be pinned, so we can keep up with it better.

musicman88:
DNA does in fact change with age.  (I went into this in some detail on the old board, so look it up if you really want to.)  Acquiring the same lion at a different age would be like having two different lion morphs.  As for the morphs themselves aging I don't think they would.  Maybe while you're morphed they might, but as soon as you morph into it again it'll revert back to whatever you acquired it as.  Nothlits however are a different story.  Once you get caught in a morph it definitely ages like normal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version