Author Topic: Just an idea  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Ayla-I-M

Just an idea
« on: June 02, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »
Well I've done this on Deviantart- sort of but I wondered if anybody wanted to do this with me here on RAF. It's this thing I started called "Yeerk Weekly." It's sort of a parody. It has articles featuring various controllers. Products for Yeerk hosts, products specificly for Yeerks, and so on. It even has a column called "Ask Brilla" Which is my version of the Yeerk-ish advice column. Various controllers will tell Brilla about their "Yeerk problems", go off on Andalites, and other stuff. If you want to contribute something to this go PM me and tell me how. Thanks!  ;D  :logo:
What is the most horrific thing my mind can conjure up? What is so horribly terrifying that it sends me screaming in the opposite direction...Visser three in a fluffy pink bathrobe. EVIL SHOULD NOT BE CUTE DARN IT!

Follow your dreams! Except for that one where you're naked in public. I don't think anybody is ready for that...

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
Re: Just an idea
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 04:23:38 PM »
I don't think I could help, but I'd like to see it! It must be fun ^^
We'd have our own newspaper/magazine.
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Arkon

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 06:14:07 PM »
Sounds really awesome, I might be able to do a little art of something.
I'm pretty handy with GIMP.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 02:50:05 AM »
what's your dA username?
edit: nevermind, found it.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 02:50:35 PM »
Ads for trading hosts maybe?
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Ayla-I-M

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 12:14:14 PM »
Whoa thanks to everybody who replied! My username on DA is Redgeandlilly for those of you who have a DA account. Here's some of the pages that I've already done before I posted this idea on RAF. And if anyone wants to offer help or imput or critiques that'd be great!http://redgeandlilly.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d38wdl1  http://redgeandlilly.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d3a3xn8 http://redgeandlilly.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3g2nts
What is the most horrific thing my mind can conjure up? What is so horribly terrifying that it sends me screaming in the opposite direction...Visser three in a fluffy pink bathrobe. EVIL SHOULD NOT BE CUTE DARN IT!

Follow your dreams! Except for that one where you're naked in public. I don't think anybody is ready for that...

NateSean

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 12:49:26 PM »
The Visser 5 bit sounds like something to expand upon. The whole concept sounds like something we'd write about in the Things They'd Never Say thread, so cool so far.

Offline Saphire

• Newbie Welcomer of late, Great Hearalder of Bear??
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 01:47:05 PM »
XD I like it. It's funny, odd, and definitely a neat concept. I've never really seen something like this before. ^^ It could be horrendously funny. XD I keep imagining someone calling Brilla with a maple oatmeal addiction.. *Imagines Bear's Char.. Mwehehehehe..*

The color scheme was hard to read on the "Gay Visser" one though.. I had to squint to see it properly.  Visibility might be improoved perhaps if the background wasn't black, but a very dark gray?

=3 I'd love to help in whatever way possible (writer, spriter, doodler, thinker) and just to read them in general. ^^ Would this be a thread where people could just post ideas for it, and occasionally some arts?

Well darn. My sig USED to be fuller... 0o;
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
 “I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline Ayla-I-M

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 08:44:59 AM »
Yes of course! The maple oatmeal thing sounds like a great idea!  :XD: And yes this is a place where you can propose ideas and art and articles for Yeerk Weekly. I need all the help I can get! If any of you have Yeerk OCs  they could participate in the "Ask Brilla" Column. Just tell me what the OC's designation is and what their "problem" might be and I will make up Brilla's part. And Visser 5 does anybody have an opinion one way on the other? Guilty or innocent?

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 04:28:20 AM »
It was very funny ^^ I can't wait to read more!!
Please continue!
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum