Author Topic: GESB: Sanctuary Dimension  (Read 9031 times)

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
GESB: Sanctuary Dimension
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:22:12 PM »
Deep beneath the land lies a room of vast proportions. This room is surrounded on three sides by stone and earth while the fourth opens into an abyss that seems to be endless. The room is bathed in a reddish orange light that emanates from the abyss. The source of the light is a stone of such magnitude, its size is immeasurable. The stone is shaped like an egg and hovers in the abyss of its own volition. This is the Worldstone and its purpose is to keep the land in balance.

A walkway extends from the vast room into the abyss and ends at the gargantuan stone. At the end of this walkway stands a being of great power and evil. This being has features similar to a human male: his face, arms, and torso; however the similarities end there. This being stands at an astounding and awe-inspiring twelve feet in height. From his head extend three long tentacles that go to his waist and hang loosely behind him; but they allow him to use them as weapons by whipping his head toward an enemy. There are what appear to be spider leg-like appendages extending from his neck and go to the middle of his bicep. The purpose of these is unknown. He walks upon four jointed legs like a spider and possesses great speed and agility. This is the powerful demon called “Baal, the Lord of Destruction”, and is the last of the Prime Evil Lords. He faces the man who killed the other Prime Evil Lords, his brothers.

A man stands at the opposite end of the walkway. He stares into the abyss at the great stone and the greater demon. This man is clothed in black leather and wears a chestplate of steel. He holds a wooden staff that is three and a half feet in length, adorned with a fist sized ruby, in his right hand. His face is accented with twin scars, he purposely carved, to signify his victories over the Prime Evil Lords. The first scar is thin, perhaps a half inch wide, and begins above his right eye ending below his left eye. It signifies his defeat of Mephisto, the Lord of Hatred. The second scar is thick, perhaps an inch wide, and begins above his left eye ending below his right eye. It signifies his defeat of Diablo, the Lord of Terror. His eyes are his most unique feature for they represent great significance in his species’ lore. His right eye is a sparkling sapphire blue; while his left eye is a shimmering emerald green. This is a man of powerful magic, determination, and courage. This man has already become a legend and a hero for liberating towns that were under threat of annihilation. This is Larry Foulke and he is a Druid from the forests of Sanctuary. He faces his greatest and final challenge, to save the Worldstone and the land of Sanctuary. To accomplish this, he must destroy the Prime Evil Lord. He must destroy “Baal, the Lord of Destruction”.

This room, the stone, the demon and the man all reside deep beneath the land of the mountain. This mountain, called Mount Arreat, is sacred to the Barbarian Tribes. At the base of the mountain lies a town, called Harrogath, where the Gates to Mount Arreat are located. One cannot climb the mountain without going through this town and being granted permission to enter the Gates. In this town lies a portal that glows with a blue light and randomly flashes with lights of white. All the townspeople know that this is how Larry's comrades will appear. They know that the Druid, Larry, is in danger because otherwise the portal would never have appeared. An old man with a short white beard and balding head stands before the portal. He holds a wooden walking stick that is perhaps five feet in length and holds it firmly while standing tall proudly. One look at this man is enough to instinctively know he has immense wisdom and knowledge. One look into his eyes is enough to see that this man deserves respect and his words of wisdom should be followed without question. This is Deckard Cain and he is the last of the Horadric Mages. He waits to greet Larry’s comrades and help them with his knowledge.

((Thanks to Darth Revan/Parker for proofreading this and helping me to edit it and read better))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:32:37 PM by General Squall Leonhart »

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: GESB: Sanctuary Dimension
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 10:34:13 AM »
Jocun goes through the portal, and at the other end looks to be a sort of town. The fifty year old Human controller, wearing Imperial armor and holding his rifle, stands a few steps in front of the portal, taking in as much as he can while standing face to face with another Humanoid person.

"My name is Jocun 119. I am looking for a person who was dragged unwillingly through this portal. Who are you, and do you know anything about this?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 01:17:03 PM »
Noah stumbles through the other side of the portal throwing her off balance for she had never experienced something quite like that, nor knew of its existence. When she looked back up and gathered herself, she saw the town that appeared medieval to her for it seemed there was no electrical technology around. The people all looked normal to her, human, which relaxed some part of her she didn't know was tense. Though, she better than most, knew people didn't always stay appearing human.

When Noah heard Jocun talking, she turned her attention back on him then saw the man to which he spoke. He was an elderly man, but he seemed to give off an ora that demanded respect and felt like an honorable man. She walked up closer to Jocun to introduce herself, but let him do the rest of the talking.

"Noah Reese." She stared at him blankly keeping her sunglasses firmly in place, guard up completely once more. She relaxed her hands waiting for someone to make the first move feeling like it'll happen at any moment.

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline SamiChee

• Sami Chee is here to play!!!
    • Realm of Dreams
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 03:54:15 PM »
Sami had tried to go through the portal first, but somehow came out last. She lost her grip on Grun as the world's blinding light hit her, making her curse softly as she tripped over herself. She could feel Grun wobble and release her shoulder, no doubt flying up so as to not fall in the dirt. She caught herself quickly with her hands, the impact jarring her wrists. She slowly stood up, wincing as she began rubbing her wrists. She dusted off her cloak and joined Jocun and Noah. "We need to know where Larry Foulke is." She didn't bother introducing herself. She just wanted to find Larry. But she did hope that her green-ish appearance didn't disturb these people.

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 06:36:56 PM »
When Sami and Grun came through the portal Sami was slightly disoriented and tripped. Grun released her shoulder and flapped a few times to the ground. When Sami stood up and regained her composure he flapped back up to land on her shoulder.

***********************************************************************************************************

As the comrades of Larry emerge from the portal, the townspeople of Harrogath gave eachone a scrutinizing look. The male holding a odd shaped wooden club and wearing, what appeared to be, Paldinian armor was dismissed rather quickly. The next person through was a female that looked to be an Assassin with strange coverings on her eyes, signaling she may be blind, was dismissed as quickly as the Paladin. The third female, however, was the one who caught everyones attention immediately. She was wearing a cloak and did not seemed to have any weapons on her, however, the true shock was that she had green skin. This female was either a demon or she was very ill, though Deckard Cain had said that the beings that came through the portal would be allies of Larry.

Deckard Cain gave each of them his own assessing look and determined that these individuals were up to the task of assisting Larry. As he stepped forward to address them, the portal slowly shrank and disappeared. They were now stuck with no way to return to the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar. Deckard Cain bowed slightly to the group and addressed them.

"Greetings, comrades of Larry Foulke. I am Deckard Cain and I have traveled with Larry since he rescued me from imprisonment in Tristram. I must apologize to you, but Larry was not taken through the portal you just came through. Baal, the Lord of Destruction, created his own portal and brought Larry to him in The Worldstone Chamber, located deep within Mount Arreat." Deckard Cain indicates the tall mountain behind him. "You must climb to the summit of Mount Arreat. There you will face three challenges to determine if you are worthy to enter the sacred mountain. Be cautious, the mountain has its own dangers, and Baal has sent out many demons to thwart anyone from pursuing him." As he finished speaking, Deckard Cain bows slightly and moves to the side, allowing them passage to the Gates of Mount Arreat.

((Thanks to Chad30 and Twilight Pixie for the proofread.))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:48:09 PM by General Squall Leonhart »

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »
"Thank you." Jocun said. He noticed the portal closed, but felt there wasn't much he could do about it for now. They'd just have to find a way back after rescuing Larry. Assuming he was still alive. "What could we expect of these challenges and the demons?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »
Noah looked about seeing the large mountain the old man had referred to. She gazed over the crowd and quickly realized they were all sizing them up, but weren't interested in neither Jocun nor herself. She couldn't help but smirk at the understatement of it all. She started to feel the remission of energy behind her and looked. Her eyes widened as the portal closed, though, no one would be able to see them. She grit her teeth and took up a position off to the left and back of Jocun looking out toward the crowd covering this section. Trusting if they were to be attacked, that Jocun and Sami had their areas covered. Noah continued to let Jocun speak for them taking in the information. She would play the role of body guard and warrior for now.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:05:14 PM by Twilight_Pixie »

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 03:59:56 PM »
Deckard Cain looked at the man, Jocun 119, who had spoken and replied "I can not accurately tell you what demons and challenges await you and your group, brave Paladin. However Qual-Kehk, the Senior Man-at-arms of Harrogath should have the information you seek." Deckard Cain gestured with his walking stick towards a tall, burly man wearing bronze armor over his body. "He and his men have done extensive scouting in the mountains. He is also the only man to have climbed to the summit of Mount Arreat and come back down alive. You would do well to seek his advice before you begin your ascent."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:58:34 PM by General Squall Leonhart »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
Jocun bowed slightly to Deckard, and walked over to talk to Qual-Kehk. The word paladin meant nothing to him, and he didn't spare the time to ask what it was or explain what exactly he was. It might actually be best if these Humans thought he was one of them. "Sir Qual-Hehk. May I have a word with you about the mountain? My group plans to scale it to rescue Larry Foulke, and we'd like to know what we're up against before setting out."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 08:35:26 PM »
Sami finally regained her composure. She looked around at the village people, seeing that they dismissed Jocun and Noah rather quickly, but stared at her a bit. She assumed it was her skin color. She shifted and moved closer to her friends. Grun was back on her shoulder, and she pet him. She turned to Deckard Cain. "Is there anything else you can tell us about this thing that took Larry? Like, what powers does he have?" Her arms splayed out a bit, but not enough to reveal anything from under her cloak except her legs.

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 02:38:55 AM »
Noah stayed back with Sami not thinking it was smart for Jocun to run off on his own like that. Even though these people are allies of Larry's doesn't mean it's smart to separate. She thought furiously to herself trying to watch both their backs, but quickly gave up and just paid attention to those near Sami and herself. She tried to relax but wasn't having much luck with it having so many unfamiliar people around them.

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 05:13:23 PM »
"My name is Qual-Kehk" The large burly man named Qual-Kehk said as he turned to regard the male that had emerged from the portal. Deckard Cain had said that this was a comrade of Larry, the Druid. He was surpried that a Paladin was addressing him, for he had always admired their honorable way of fighting. "A Paladin! I've long heard of your people. As a young warrior I even considered a pilgrimage to Kurast, but I was younger then, and foolish. My place has always been here, protecting Harrogath and Mount Arreat with it. Your comrade, Larry took care of most of the demons so the trek up should not be blocked, however it is still very dangerous. The mountain terrain is rife with vast open expanses of land, snow-covered tundras, and an extensive network of ice caves." Qual-Kehk turned to gaze upon Mount Arreat as he finished speaking.

Deckard Cain turned to regard the green-skinned female. He had assumed that she was ill, but from the looks of it she was quite healthy. He realized that the Raven perched upon the womans shoulder was Grun, Larrys Raven. It was this that made him realize who the female actually was. "You must be the one Larry called Sami. He talked much about you as we made our way here from the town of Kurast. He seemed to be very much in love you Sami and I have no doubt that you will do anything to save him. The being that took Larry is a very powerful demon named Baal. He is the third Prime Evil Lord, the Lord of Destruction. He has the power to control fire and ice as well as being able to teleport at will. I have heard that he has the ability to create a clone of himself as well. He may have more powers, but I cannot be sure Sami. I wish you and your comrades luck in your journey." As Deckard Cain finished speaking he bowed to Sami Chee and Noah.

Qual-Kehk spoke to Jocun, the man he considered to be a Paladin. "At the summit you must face The Ancients Challenge. In order to gain access to enter the mountain you must engage The Ancients in battle. There are three Ancients and each have a different fighting style. Korlic the Protecter uses a Halberd and is known for his ability to leap over great distances as well as being enchanted with the ability to control ice. Talic the Defender uses a Long Sword and a Shield and is known to have mastered the legedary Whirlwind ability. According to Barbarian lore, the Whirlwind ability allows the caster to spin at a high rate of speed and move around the field of battle. It is a very devasting attack and you should be very cautious. Talic is enchanted with the ability to control fire as well. Finally there is Madawc the Gaurdian who uses twin Axes and is a very quick attacker. He is also enchanted with the ability to control lightning." Qual-Kehk turned to regard the Paladin and continued speaking. "If you are victorious than your only challenge is Baal, the Lord of Destruction. I am sure a Paladin, such as yourself, will be a worty opponet for all of them." As Qual-Kehk finished speaking he bowed slightly.

((Thanks to Aquilai for the proofread))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:11:31 AM by General Squall Leonhart »

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »
Sami blinked and took a step back when the man said her name. She didn't realize that he had been told so much about her. She blushed a little bit when he said Larry was in love with her, her eyes sliding away shyly. She wasn't sure if she really was in love with him yet, but she did feel strongly for him. Her eyes returned to Deckard Cain's face when he spoke of Baal. She frowned and nodded. "Ice, fire, cloning, and teleportation.... I should be able to take care of one or two of those alone, but certainly not all four.... Thank the Goddess I brought my companions..." She patted Grun's wing some more as she thought. Then she looked at Cain again.

"Are there any supplies you or your village can give us? Such as bandages and medicine? We may need it. And possibly a bit of food?" She knew they would probably only need meat for Jocun, but she wasn't sure what he would eat. She knew Noah could hunt, and so could Grun, and she herself certainly could. If she needed to. So all they really needed was some fruits and such to go along with them.
Her cloak drifted about int he breeze, only ever revealing as far as her lower thigh, right above her knee. It was obvious she had nothing on underneath, at least, not that long. But the top inch or so, right above where it was tied, fluttered about some, still revealing nothing, if only the fact that she didn't have a high necked shirt on.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 05:34:22 PM »
"Thank you. Sorry I mispronounced your name before. My friends and I should be leaving shortly to complete our goal." Jocun went back to the others. "Qual-Kehk told me about the challenges. We'll be facing three warriors that can control different elements, and aside from the terrain itsself we probably won't have other problems."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 06:48:43 PM »
Noah listened to all that Cain had to say about Baal and embedded it into her memory as she fought to keep a blank expression. She nodded pretending she had heard of all these powers existing outside of witch craft, but even then, most of these she thought weren't possible.

Noah couldn't stop it any longer, her jaw dropped as she heard Jocun say they had three more opponents to face with elemental abilities. She drooped her head and shook it side to side thinking furiously how they were going to get past it all. She knew she was a good fighter, but there was a real limit to what she could do. She was no witch. At Sami's last question, Noah began to ponder what they would need, but lacked one vital detail.

"How long will it take to reach Larry where he is?" She asked to anyone who would answer, wether it was Cain or Qual-Kehk didn't matter to her.