Author Topic: Weird Religious Stuff (As Mysteriously Generated By Me)  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Weird Religious Stuff (As Mysteriously Generated By Me)
« on: July 02, 2011, 11:10:20 AM »
((Okay, so...every time I hang out with people outside of my usual frame of reference, I start producing strange Christian-esque writings and drawings. I have no idea why----maybe I'm just fascinated by the battle of good and evil. This is especially bizarre because I'm not Christian. It just...happens. XD So here is the conversation between Jesus and Satan on the mountain---that failed temptation. I stuck as closely to the text as I could while still making it sound like a conversation. It's also proof that I lost my mind a long time ago. XD Let the mixed religion RAFians judge it for themselves! :D ))

The Lord sat in the cave's opening, shivering in the cold of the dawn. Mornings on the mountain were generally freezing, the day only heating up by noon. None of this discomfort stopped the young incarnation's fasting and prayer. He had come to this world with a purpose, and nothing would thwart it. He had to return prepared for His ordeal. Abruptly, the biting wind blowing on the mountain stopped. That did not however dampen the cold. Another kind of chill had filtered into the mountain-an aura arrogant, remorseless, and afraid of Him in some way. He didn't look up--He knew who had come.

Outwardly the man was beautiful-though the Lord saw the caked-on layers of rot on him. The angel had chosen an eerily solid form, considering his purpose. He had perhaps just been somewhere or someplace else, corrupting the minds of those mortal. He wore layers of purple robes, as if in enslaving human beings he could call himself an Emperor.

"Hungry, my liege?" stated Satan mockingly. "Then use what power You have to generate bread. It must be miserable fasting in this hell."

The Lord glared harshly at him. "I am not drawn to satisfy the demands of this flesh. Attempting to thwart My purpose is fruitless."

"No one will believe You," hissed the angel, his face betraying his uncertainty. "Accustomed as they are to spectacles and worldly pleasure, they will not see God. You will die on this rock."

Satan then wandered to the edge of the mountain, pointing downward. "If You are Him, prove it to them. Throw Yourself off the edge and let the host raise you."

"I seek not to glorify Myself in this venture but to glorify My Father in Heaven," said Jesus in a clear voice.

Jesus' continued resistance irritated the Devil. The false beauty he had chosen twisted with rage. He then used his greatest card---he pointed below the mountain toward the vast, glittering kingdoms of Earth.

"Most places such as that are under my control," Satan practically purred. "I will give them to you--if you bow down and worship me."

"I will do no such thing," said the Lord, smiling slightly at the self-evident absurdity of the Devil's temptation. "I hold a far greater kingdom Myself."

The Devil cried out in rage and humiliation at this last and vanished, leaving the Lord to His peace. The moment had passed. He would soon be ready.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Weird Religious Stuff (As Mysteriously Generated By Me)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »
Shiny! We enjoy it. :) Please keep writing.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time