Author Topic: Invasion of Earth Proposal.  (Read 7273 times)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
Re: Invasion of Earth Proposal.
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2011, 10:01:08 PM »
That view of people was merely that, an ancient view influenced by society. Now our society is going up the wall with equality and fair treatment and whatnot, I'm quite sure the majority of the people would accept aliens.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2011, 09:56:25 AM »
That view of people was merely that, an ancient view influenced by society. Now our society is going up the wall with equality and fair treatment and whatnot, I'm quite sure the majority of the people would accept aliens.

Because we totally no longer prosecute people for their race, religion, or sexuality anymore.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2011, 11:30:14 AM »
We still do, but nowhere near the extent we used to, and it's not Government-sanctioned anymore.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

NateSean

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »

So, no one violently protests gay marriages? I live in Vermont, the pioneer of the whole Civil Rights movement. And I got to personally witness protests outside of the church and those stupid "Take Back Vermont" signs.

The KKK is one big Casper the Friendly Ghost fan club?

Maybe I don't agree with the polygamists, but this country basically turns them into a freak show with it's news crews and specials.

I assure you, we can barely tolerate differences among our own species, much less the various differences in creatures that weren't even born here.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2011, 11:39:06 AM »
Yes, but the big important thing is that the Government tolerates it. Our Government is now supposed to be the face of tolerance and love for all and whatnot. And I strongly believe that curiosity would be the prevailing emotion for the first few months of the Human-Yeerk contact.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Baranth

« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2011, 01:59:42 PM »
1. Set up three bases: One in the US, just like Visser One did. Anything that mirrors her ideas is going to be a good idea. The second is in Japan, which seems to be replacing the US as the center of technological advancement. The third is in the United Kingdom, which is on good terms with just about every other country on the planet.

2. Make the humans think we're here for a good reason by fixing their biggest issue, apparently called "Global Warming", also known as "Climate Change". As good as sea-level rise is for us, it's equally bad for humans.

3. Stealthily establish a fourth base somewhere in Africa. AIDS will be a good cover for us.

4. Take advantage of the humans' fears, especially those revolving around December 21, 2012. The more they worry about "the end of the world", the less likely they will be to notice what we're doing.

5. Adjust the laws, rules and regulations in a matter that gives us more power, as long as the humans don't notice.

6. Exploit human diseases when possible. First matter of order on this: Autism, followed by diabetes and the various cancers.
I may seem like an idiot, but trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »
Let me point this out, first off practically nobody believes in 2012. And climaye change really isn't a problem so much as a minor inconvenience at the moment
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Baranth

« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »
Let me point this out, first off practically nobody believes in 2012. And climaye change really isn't a problem so much as a minor inconvenience at the moment

12/21/12: Everyone knows there's a remote possibility something could happen, but no one believes anything will. The idea is to make it seem like there was a high chance of something happening, which would cause an increase in church attendance.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »
2012 has nothing to do with religion it was predicted by ancient mayans you sacrificed people by ripping out their heart while it was still beating and then rolling them down the steps. And the only reason they believed the world would end is because they had a very special calender. The calender could be used over and over again due to a near perfect design but it would stop in 2012. Thats the only reason for the movie.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Baranth

« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2011, 03:24:31 PM »
2012 has nothing to do with religion it was predicted by ancient mayans you sacrificed people by ripping out their heart while it was still beating and then rolling them down the steps. And the only reason they believed the world would end is because they had a very special calender. The calender could be used over and over again due to a near perfect design but it would stop in 2012. Thats the only reason for the movie.

No. The movie was meant to capitalize off of 2012. Besides, if you bother to notice, the movie takes place in JULY, not DECEMBER.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2011, 04:00:25 PM »
Yeah but they make all kinds of mistakes in movies.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2011, 04:50:34 PM »
Angel, the Aztecs cut hearts out not the Mayans.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2011, 11:49:10 PM »
We still do, but nowhere near the extent we used to, and it's not Government-sanctioned anymore.

Yes it is.  Don't forget, the vast majority of this country (and world) are not Sci-Fi nerds.  Aliens show up, and you'll have a whole slew of people rambling about how they don't have souls and need to be eradicated.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2011, 12:26:53 AM »
What does being a sci-fi nerd have to do with it? I believe that the bulk of our population would be driven by curiosity first of all, at least the people is positions of power would as well as a great deal of the educated people. And keep in mind our governments have already sent a message to any potential alien lifeforms that may discover our Voyager space craft. There really is no doubt that the world leaders would meet with the Yeerk leaders eventually, upon which they would be infested.

By slew of people, do you mean red necks, religious nuts, and other people that are already held in a rather low regard? And would the human race really be so stupid as to screw up First Contact by opening fire on the technologically superior aliens?

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2011, 01:53:57 PM »
Yes. Yes we could.