Author Topic: RAF Forum updated!  (Read 21541 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: RAF Forum updated!
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2011, 12:04:16 AM »
Forgive me for plagiarizing a speech that was itself plagiarized, but...

I have a dream that my forum will one day live in an Internet where it will not be judged by the colors of its skin but by the content of its character!
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2011, 12:05:21 AM »
If it was up to me I'd say change it back.

good thing it's not ;)

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2011, 12:19:05 AM »
LOL I know.I mean its not bad to the point I hate it,I just liked the old one better.

But still cool job to Richard for making the forum like this.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2011, 12:20:03 AM »
Gwahh! The Chat link is back! Maybe I missed it when it returned. Still, awesome! :D
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
  • One of RAF's French residents
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2011, 12:39:37 AM »
I have a dream that my forum will one day live in an Internet where it will not be judged by the colors of its skin but by the content of its character!

Maybe that day will come, when the colors of its skin stop hindering the reading of the content of its characters.
Pink Piggy: Anyway, these are standard assumptions in economics. I have no problem with them. Quantum theory also seems weird but it is accepted, that is the way of science.
Brown Piggy: Quantum theory makes no claim about the motivations or welfare of quantum particles.
Pink Piggy: You just do not understand the mathematics involved. This is typical uninformed criticism of economics.

¤  Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Wildweathel since December '08 ¤

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2011, 12:44:42 AM »
They don't hinder whatsoever; you're just needing more time to adjust to the change. ^_^

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2011, 02:12:42 AM »
It's true in the case of our forum, but something like this http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=download;lemma=965;id=6191;image would make me want to kill myself (after having lost both my eyes in the process of looking at it).

Also RAFchat did not change. I thought it would be affected too.^^
Pink Piggy: Anyway, these are standard assumptions in economics. I have no problem with them. Quantum theory also seems weird but it is accepted, that is the way of science.
Brown Piggy: Quantum theory makes no claim about the motivations or welfare of quantum particles.
Pink Piggy: You just do not understand the mathematics involved. This is typical uninformed criticism of economics.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2011, 02:14:18 AM »
i'm thinking about adding some alternate themes. people can have a choice whether they want to keep this or see something more like 1.1.x RAF

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2011, 02:16:45 AM »
That would be neat.

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2011, 05:40:24 AM »
I love the new look. I'm sure it will take some time to get used to, but it's really cool. Thank you, Richard and the rest of the staff :) Can't wait to get familiar with all the new features too.
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!

esplin

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2011, 07:26:01 AM »
i'm thinking about adding some alternate themes. people can have a choice whether they want to keep this or see something more like 1.1.x RAF

That would be a cool feature.  I also miss all the stuff the quick reply had like smiles and bold buttons.

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2011, 07:33:26 AM »

That would be a cool feature.  I also miss all the stuff the quick reply had like smiles and bold buttons.

Ditto.

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2011, 08:09:41 AM »
I don't mean to imply I don't like the new features.  They're great.  I do like the WYSIWYG feature.  I'll have to play with it for a little while to see what I can do with it. 

It's a little glitchy, but I still like it.

Test of the new hyperlink feature.

It's also a little glitchy, but still good.

And yeah, I do judge forums and websites in general by color, probably for the same reason that carpets, cars, clothes, paintings, etc. are.  A feature that would allow users to choose their color schemes and even their layouts is an amazing idea, Goom.

I also want to say that we (or at least I) are not trying to criticize improving the forum.  We're just expressing our opinions so that you can get some feedback and make adjustments.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2011, 08:12:30 AM »
Also... OOH! Look at that! ...Sorry. Eh hem.

But Rich, when you get the chance... make the ads for gold members go bye-bye? XD

(I'm sure it's somewhere on the agenda. I just feel better having asked. :P)

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2011, 08:28:38 AM »
Also... OOH! Look at that! ...Sorry. Eh hem.

But Rich, when you get the chance... make the ads for gold members go bye-bye? XD

(I'm sure it's somewhere on the agenda. I just feel better having asked. :P)

I'm glad you brought it up. Are you seeing them now?