Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212266 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #3135 on: February 17, 2012, 11:01:52 PM »
The Sub Visser seemed too involved with his conversation to acknowledge Jocun, so Jocun sat back down in a nearby booth, listening.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3136 on: February 18, 2012, 12:50:33 AM »
"No," Myitt says dully. "I don't like causing people pain, you might be surprised to know. But if you care about each other, what's the harm in staying together as outcasts? Surely that's better than being forced apart."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3137 on: February 18, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »
"Right, don't steal the suit. Got it," Chris says with a nervous laugh. "It's all good, I like to have a little mobility, you know? I can't imagine wandering around stuffed in armor all day like some old fashioned knight or whatever."

Zorish shakes his head. "I am not going to subject her to that." His own words make him pause. He can feel a sort of strange tightness in his chest, talking about Tamora as though she were more than a mere vessel. It is almost a relief, but at the same time it terrifies him.

Swallowing, he shrugs, a little helplessly. "I have spent my entire life within the Empire," he says. "I do not know how to survive outside of it, and I do not want to risk my failure hurting Tamora."

There. He had said her name. Somehow that simple acknowledgement, out loud, sends a shiver down his spine.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3138 on: February 18, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »
"Well, this might not be coming from the most encouraging example, but I didn't know how to live outside of the Empire when I was forced to leave it, either," Myitt says lightly. "And yes, I was forced to leave it, although I felt much the same way as you about my host. Perhaps...not to the same degree, but we were and are close friends."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3139 on: February 18, 2012, 07:28:34 PM »
"You have no idea how I feel about my host," Zorish says tightly. Then, a little softer. "I have no idea how I feel about her. Just that...I do not want harm to come to her."

He bites his lip. "You may have had no idea how to survive, but you had a rebellion to run to," Zorish says. "An option I do not have at my disposal."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3140 on: February 18, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »
"I don't know what to tell you, Sub-Visser," Myitt sighs. "Live out here on your own, go back and risk the consequences..." She shrugs. "You couldn't even come with us if we asked you. We might break the space-time continuum."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3141 on: February 18, 2012, 08:22:35 PM »
"Don't call me that," Zorish snarls. The rank that he had spent years working to earn suddenly sounds like a joke to his ears. A mockery.

Running a hand through Tamora's hair he tries to get a grip on this new reality that he has been dealt. "I need to remove all Imperial tracers from my ship," he murmurs more to himself than Myitt, although he is certainly speaking loud enough for her to hear. "We'll need food. And Kandrona. I only have enough for..." he pauses to think. "Three or four cycles."

He glances down, seeming to notice his Imperial-issued uniform for the first time. A finger traces the logo. New clothes as well, he thinks.

Not entirely sure how he got from trying to kill Myitt to asking for her assistance he regards her warily. "Help me with this much, at least?" he asks plaintively. "For her sake, if not mine?"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:24:14 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3142 on: February 18, 2012, 08:28:17 PM »
Myitt scoffs and rolls her eyes. "For all I know, giving you a pair of jeans will break the space-time continuum," she murmurs, regarding Zorish. "Fine. I can give you a couple of packs of protein and some dried food, and without risking my own health I think I can spare a couple of portable generators. Maybe a packet of nutrients. You'll be fine without the aminos for a little while, at least. As for the tracers, I am not going to rummage around your ship and let you try to backstab me. I'll help you, Zorish, but we're not pals, alright?"

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3143 on: February 18, 2012, 08:44:30 PM »
Parker laughs some at Chris's comment about mobility. He replies to him while still keeping tabs on the conversation between Tamora and Myitt. A conversation that seems to be improving in both their favors. He says to Chris, "You don't know about true mobility until you've been in this armor. Especially once paired with an A.I." he taps his helmet to signify the Artificial Intelligence construct inside his armor, "I'm fast, agile; with the armor, I'm more so; with the A.I, I can catch an RPG shot at my head, redirect it and send it back."

RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3144 on: February 18, 2012, 08:50:50 PM »
Zorish nods, grateful, knowing better than to push his luck.

<<Are we really leaving the Empire?>> Tamora asks, her own thoughts filled with anxiety.

<<It would appear so,>> Zorish says.

<<How will we survive? How will you survive?>> Tamora asks fearfully. <<The Kandrona will run out eventually, even if they give us some. Back home we're safe. That's what you've always told me.>>

<<Circumstances appear to have changed,>> Zorish murmurs. <<We'll get as much as we can from these rebels and...figure things out from there.>>

<<Myitt already killed you once. What if she gives you poison, or bad generators, or-->>

<<Enough.>> Zorish's throat constricts with their shared anziety. <<It is a risk we must take. Maybe...perhaps...>> An idea comes to him, but it is one that seems so outrageous and so entirely unImperial that he almost disregards it entirely.

No, he chides himself. It may be the difference between life or death, in the long run.

He clears his throat. "Alright," he says, nodding again to Myitt in agreement to her terms. Licking his lips, he continues, his voice slightly strained. "I need to feed," he says. "Ta-" His voice catches in his throat. "Tamora will handle the negotiations. Perhaps that will give you less concern about my stabbing you in the back."

<<What!?>> Tamora cries, alarmed.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3145 on: February 18, 2012, 09:03:31 PM »
Jocun was impressed with the Yeerk's turn to a more rebel-friendly ideal. if it wasn't just a facade at the very least. he wasn't sure if this is how the rebels operated normally, or if they did different things depending on the circumstances. The former sub visser's change did seem a little abrupt, but he was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. If this was a common rebel meeting place, why didn't it already have a supply of kandrona? Were there really things the bartender wouldn't just produce from the back if asked and paid? "Kandrona is food." He said quietly to himself. "Hey bartender. You don't keep kandrona stocked?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3146 on: February 18, 2012, 09:13:13 PM »
The bartender stares at Jocun, having gone back to drying a glass. After a few empty seconds, the blank look appears to be a negative answer to Jocun's question.

"Fine," Myitt says tersely. "I'll believe it when you leave your host." She watches the Sub-Visser through narrowed eyes. "Now. Ah, don't be scared Sub-Visser. I won't hurt you, and I'll make sure you're promptly returned to your ship." She crosses her heart. "Scouts' honor."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:20:36 PM by Myitt »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3147 on: February 18, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »
Zorish blanches. "Leave her here?" he asks incredulously. "No, that's impossible. I'll return to my ship on my own. Tamora can return and continue this discussion."

<<Zorish, I don't know what to say to them!>> Tamora says desperately. <<They're murderers. They're...they're rebels and...and she killed you, Zorish!>>

<<Tamora, I need you to do this for me,>> Zorish says, beginning to lose his patience.

"Well good on you," Chris says with a low whistle. "I think I'll stick to my trusty Dracon." He pats his holster fondly. "It hasn't steered us wrong yet."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3148 on: February 18, 2012, 09:24:27 PM »
"For what it's worth, there are at least two people in this room to help ensure that you don't get killed again." He said to Zorish while glancing at Parker.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3149 on: February 18, 2012, 09:39:03 PM »
Myitt curls her lip in mistrust and annoyance. "Okay. Go feed, and send your human pet back to me. Excuse me, I meant human companion."

She irritably sips her drink. Glancing over at Jocun, she growls in even further irritation.

"Okay, that's it," she snaps, standing and throwing the liquor out of her glass towards Jocun's face, keeping hold of the glass itself. "Go away! Shoo!"