Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212205 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2880 on: January 05, 2012, 08:15:30 AM »
"I don't know him very well," Keslin admits. "But I suppose you could say that. At the very least, I'm friends with -" he trails off as Myitt joins them, smiling warmly. "Hey Myitt. Decide not to leave after all, eh?" He glances between Serid and Myitt. "So the two of you know one another, then?"

Zorish looks suspiciously at the offered hand, but he knows that he cannot get up by himself. Reluctantly, he reaches his own hand up, allowing the Yeerk to pull him to his feet. He totters for a moment, almost collapsing forward into the short man, but manages to just barely hold his ground.

"Thanks..." he slurs, staring at the dirt beneath his feet.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2881 on: January 05, 2012, 08:26:57 AM »
Serid slides farther into the booth to make room for Myitt, but when she thumps him on the back, he looks startled, grasping the table's edge and turning his head to watch her for signs of ill intent.

"Greetings, Myitt," he replies somewhat breathlessly, "if a flogging may be considered as such from whichever faraway stretch of Earth your host hails."

He turns his dark eyes on Keslin, straightening his back again and gives a nod. "We are acquainted. As of quite recently... for me, at least." Serid gives Myitt a questioning glance.

"Yup," Illim responds mildly, his hands tense at his sides, ready to fly up to catch Tamora if she should fall. When the Sub-Visser manages to stay stable, Illim glances around awkwardly. "So, uh... I guess I'll see ya, yeah?" he says lamely with a shrug, turning towards the door.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2882 on: January 05, 2012, 08:53:43 AM »
"Flogging?" Myitt cackles.  "I'd hardly call it a flogging, but sure, I meant well enough." 

She considers, uncapping the metal top of the new bottle and pouring some of the red liquor.  "I guess it's been about a year since Illim joined us, if that's what you mean."  A little wriggle of her fingers greets Keslin as she raises the glass to her lips. 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2883 on: January 05, 2012, 09:02:58 AM »
"well I'd better go see what's going on in the bar proper." Zoshonel said, saying goodbye to Parker for the moment. He went back to the building, and saw who he thought was a drunk Terenia. However, she didn't smell quite right. He didn't smell Corliss on her, even though from what Terash had told him Corliss was about the only person who valued her. Her uniform seemed a bit too neat as well. He figured he'd pass by and investigate that later. Inside he found Myitt, and the familiar scent of redin.

"Hey Myitt! Remember me?" He said. It had been a few months, but he figured he should be memorable enough.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2884 on: January 05, 2012, 09:10:31 AM »
Myitt squints up at Zoshonel over her glass of alcohol, eyebrows raised.  She sets down the tumbler and looks the creature up and down.

"Not really," she says brightly.  She punctuates her snark with another swallow of booze. 

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2885 on: January 05, 2012, 09:27:46 AM »
He wasn't too put off by that. "I'm Zoshonel. I was here briefly. I left to go to a celebration, but I came back to see some old acquaintances. Temrash said he and Corliss had a falling out over Terenia, and those two were an item. I think I saw Terenia outside, but I'm not sure if it was really her."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:03:33 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2886 on: January 05, 2012, 09:34:29 AM »
Keslin nods. "I'd be interested to hear how you know one another," he says to Serid. When Zoshonel arrives his lips tighten slightly at the sudden influx of people. Years aboard a small ship has led him to be cautious when surrounded by many...especially strangers.

<<You're cautious around everything,>> his host pipes up. <<Here, give me control. At least we can go get a drink or something.>>

<<Very well,>> Keslin says reluctantly, relinquishing control over his host. <<Just do not do anything foolish.>>

The young human grins. <<Would I ever?>>

"I'm going to go grab myself a brew," he announces to the table. "Anyone want anything?"

Zorish stares at Illim blankly for a minute. "Yeah," he breathes at last. "Yeah. I'll...I'll...dapsen." He looks around. "Gotta...find my ship..." he murmurs, half to himself. "Yeah. Ship. Right." He takes a few staggering steps in the general direction of the shipyard.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2887 on: January 05, 2012, 10:41:51 AM »
Myitt stares blankly at Zoshonel before turning to Keslin.  "I've got mine, thanks." 

She peers at Zoshonel again.  "I don't know what you're talking about.  Go away, can't you see I'm busy getting drunk?"  She waves him off, burying herself in her drink again.

While she tips back the glass she finds herself squinting at Serid.  It was so strange, knowing that the Andalite had once been Illim's host.  It was in Serid that they had met, after all, and some part of her still thought of the nothlit as Illim's first impression. 

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2888 on: January 05, 2012, 01:31:31 PM »
"Fine. Just don't get too hammered." Zoshonel said. Was she this snippy at him before? He didn't remember. He seemed to remember she initiated the first conversation they had together. "I'd rather go for food than drink, myself." He replied to the other guy's offer. He went to the bar and payed the bartender for some cooked food. Was there anyone else he wanted to talk to? He remembered Keshin, but didn't feel like tracking her down yet. Corliss' scent was still fairly recent, but Myitt didn't smell of him just now.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2889 on: January 05, 2012, 01:57:08 PM »
"Alright," Chris says, nodding. "Be right back." He turns and makes his way to the bar, weaving around the various tables and chairs that are strewn about. When he reaches the countertop he waits patiently for the bartender to finish with Zoshonel before placing his own order.

"Pint of Moosehead, draft. Make sure the glass is clean," he says. Before the bartender can take out his trademark notebook, he adds, "and just start a tab. I'm sure I'll be back for another." He gives the baleful bartender a cheerful grin and waits for his order to be filled.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2890 on: January 05, 2012, 04:55:03 PM »
"So, buddy, are you one of those rebel controllers?" Zoshonel asked. "I like rebels better than Imperials. I met Myitt last time I was here, but that was a while ago. I'm not a Yeerk, though. The Yeerks can't invade our planet. We'd just wind up eating their shock troops, and they found out they can't dig any underground pool complexes anyway. We have some nasty pests underground."

"I think we can work with that. We like hiring mercenaries to get them out of the line of work they're in, but if you enjoy it we won't force it on you. Just say what kind of jobs you're best at, and I'll find something for you to do."

<Very well. Thank you.> Claxter said.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:21:48 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2891 on: January 05, 2012, 08:08:58 PM »
Serid relaxes his shoulders a fraction when the unknown Zoshonel departs from their table, although the way that Myitt inspects him does not do much to ease the Andalite.

"A year," he echoes Myitt's earlier estimation. "Fascinating; it has been less than a day for me. And how has he integrated himself? Well, I hope." He folds his hands on the table in a prim manner somewhat reminiscent of Tora's mannerisms. "How is he getting along with his new host? Derrel, was it?"

Illim watches Zorish a moment and then gives an exasperated sigh. "Do you need help?" he mutters, frowning sourly. "I don't have a clue what your ship looks like, granted, but I can help prevent you from falling flat on your face, at least." He shakes his head and grumbles, "And no, I've got no idea why I'm helping him, so don't even ask, Daniel."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #2892 on: January 06, 2012, 02:03:57 AM »
Silver worked at her clothes, but the mending kit left a lot to be desired. She became frustrated and gave up. She gathered her things into her cloak and downed her drink before going to the bar slapping the kit down. She glared at the kit then told the bartender "I can't work with this crap! Another drink......" She decided to start a tab and while she waited for her drink she braided her hair. This revealed the tatoos down her back (pic in ooc). Finally the bartender brought her her drink.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2893 on: January 06, 2012, 08:59:25 AM »
Chris glances over at Zoshonel as he waits for his order to be filled. It takes him a minute to sort through the slew of information. "Woah there, dragon boy," he says. "Do you always talk so fast?"

He accepts a frothy glass of beer, wrapping one pale hand around it. "I'm Chris, and the slimy guy that likes to live in my head is Keslin. And who we serve isn't really any of your business. No offense, but I have no idea who you are or who you work for."

"I don't..." Zorish looks at the looming shipyard, befuddled. "I guess...I..." He sways dangerously, and leans heavily against the nearest ship, looking a little green.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2894 on: January 06, 2012, 09:12:01 AM »
"I'm just trying to be nice. I'm a Draconian, and I don't really work for anyone specifically. I just like to cruise around and find fun spots to be at. This place has an interesting variety of people, but I don't always get along with everyone."

Ani-Master 2014!