Author Topic: RAF Can Morph! (Read Introduction Before Posting)  (Read 19634 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: RAF Can Morph! (Read Introduction Before Posting)
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2011, 09:32:35 AM »
I followed the group quietly, listening to the others around me talk. Their conversations weren't really important to me - my mind was still stuck back in the bookstore, musing over the story I had been engrossed in. That tended to happen a lot: the fantasy world was so much more interesting than reality.

As we approached the construction site, though, I felt my attention drawn back to the crowd. If I was being honest with myself (which I rarely was), the place scared me. It seemed like the perfect lair for a serial killer, waiting for unsuspecting kids to pass by. Of course, I didn't show my fear. I was already the only girl, and one of the youngest in the little hodgepodge group that we had formed. The last thing I wanted to do was appear to be the weakest as well. Especially with Shaun around, who I was sure would take advantage of the situation. So, instead of shrinking back from the half-formed buildings and rusted piping, I quickened my pace.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2011, 10:37:27 AM »
We approached the construction site fairly fast after leaving the mall. I had walked through this site a hundred times before and used to hang here with my friends before it got boring. "Wow I haven't been here in ages, everything is the same but so different. Over there is where I fell of the building and broke my wrist." He said that last part more to himself than anybody. "I used to watch the stars from here it also interested me about whats out there. Okay people i'm going to be totally honest with you in a nerd that isn't a nerd. I am one of those nerds who doesn't get good grades because i'm lazy but I read all the fantasy stuff like with dragons and dwarfs and elves. I have no idea why I am telling you guys this but I feel like I have to do it, it just feels right."
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...
Jake: (nods and wipes tears) Yeah. Until then, we fight.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »
I glance in Shaun's direction briefly. He certainly likes to talk, I thought, rolling my eyes. He reminded me of the jocks at school, bragging about who they had beaten up most recently or the last kegger they had managed to throw without being caught. Shaun was like that, only a much dweebier version.

"So you read fantasy novels," I said under my breath, not really intending for him to hear. "And I spend half my time pretending I live in one. What's the big deal?"

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2011, 12:21:19 PM »
"There is no big deal, I dunno it's weird I feel like I was supposed to say that and that all of us are supposed to be here. Call me crazy, which you probably will, but this moment us all meeting up and being in one group out in this abandoned construction site just feels right to me. I feel like i'm in a movie or something it's so weird. Okay I'm talking to much now." Shaun said with his face blushing, getting embarrassed.
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2011, 12:30:19 PM »
"Yeah, you're right," I said bluntly. "You're weird."

I picked up my pace, not wanting to prolong the conversation. I didn't believe in fate, or any of that crap, and Shaun struck me as someone who got a little overly excited about such things. Maybe he's the next Miss Cleo, I thought, grinning to myself as I pictured him in a fortune teller's dress with a crystal ball.

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2011, 12:33:41 PM »
I watched as Jessi started to walk away. "Hey wait don't leave yet." I yelled. I looked up at the stars one last time and could have sworn I saw a shooting star. "Hey guys I just saw a shooting star!" I said pointing at it.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2011, 01:13:33 PM »
I look up briefly, but between the brevity of my glance and the light pollution I don't see anything.

"Yeah, well, why don't you make a wish, then?" I say. "I have to get home or my parents are going to ground me for the next ten years." I pull my cell phone out of my pocket, glancing at the time stamp. Almost ten o'clock. Man, there's no way I'll make it home by curfew. I unlock the device and bring up my text messages. Quickly, I type a note to my mom, letting her know that I'm running late, before shoving the phone back into my pocket.

Offline gorillaman16

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »
"I did make a wish, and I'll walk you home." I said with a smile. "Don't worry I don't bite."

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »
I looked up. I didn't see a meteor so I attributed it to wishful thinking on Shaun's part. He was sure pushing being nice to Jessi but it wasn't hard to see she was weirded out. I was too. "Shaun, let off."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2011, 02:46:35 PM »
I smiled in satisfaction asI saw the andalites die. It was an effortless victory, barely any losses on ourside and every single one of their fighters is plummeting to earth where they would most likely hit water or blown to smithereens.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2011, 02:59:16 PM »
I felt just plain out of place with this bunch. I really didn't know them that well. I soon realized that I was even heading towards the totally wrong side of town. I didn't live this way... sure, I'd been to the construction site before (what teenage guy hadn't? It was like a rite of passage!) but... I just didn't need to be there tonight. I smacked myself in the forehead as I realized that I'd left my bike at the rack as well. What a moron, I thought to myself. "Well uh... nice talkin' to you guys. I'm on the other side of town, and I'd better get home, too." I started to turn to go, but I stopped. " Y'all are gonna be alright goin' through there by yourselves, right? I don't want to ditch on y'all or anything, but..." He looked back at the mall entrance. His bike was the only one left.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2011, 03:03:01 PM »
    I had to give Shuan credit; he was persistent. Jessi had  resorted to shedding her polite, shy girl facade and blatantly told him off.

I liked Shaun. He was funny. And that's not something I say about a lot of kids close to my age.

We walked through the construction site, most of us were scared. Earlier, one of us made a comment about a shooting star, but I didn't see it. I always miss things like that, you know? I have my head focused on one thing and I miss what's going on around me.

I looked up at the sky once more.

Blinking lights. This wasn't a shooting star...It was coming closer.

I just stood there, gaping at the...whatever it was.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2011, 03:17:53 PM »
"No. Thank you," I said to Shaun, trying to keep my tone polite. It wasn't working. I glanced back at him as I picked up my pace, hoping that he wasn't -

"Oof, hey!"

This time it was my turn to run into someone. I hit James and rebounded back a couple of steps, almost toppling over a piece of twisted rebar that was poking out of the ground.

"Okay, seriously?" I muttered. I was about to ask James why he had decided to suddenly become a statue, but when I looked at him I saw that his gaze was on the sky. Eyebrows drawing together, I looked up as well, wondering if he had spotted another shooting star. Blinking lights. Huh.

"A plane?" I asked.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2011, 03:39:45 PM »
...That girl isn't exactly graceful, now is she? I thought to myself. I'd never say such a thing out loud. I looked up casually, following their gaze.

"It looks more like a helicopter. ...It's kinda weird that we can't hear it yet. I'll uh.. see y'all at school, I guess." I waved bye to my cousin, Chris, and headed back the way I came.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2011, 04:07:46 PM »
     Jessi bumped into me.

Whatever. I hardy noticed. Whatever that thing was in the sky--everyone else was convinced it was a plane or something--it was coming closer.

A lot closer. An picking up speed.

"That's no helicopter." I said, confidently. My grandfather's a veteran. He flew copters. This thing is not from here."
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate