Author Topic: What happened to him?  (Read 798 times)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
What happened to him?
« on: April 16, 2011, 07:49:23 PM »
What was Joe Bob Fenestre's fate after his mansion burned down? I know, nobody REALLY knows for sure, so this is going to involve a lot of speculation, but I hope we're able to pin down what happened to a reasonable degree of accuracy.

So... it's implied that one of the Animorphs burned down the mansion. Visser Three had been trying for years, but hadn't succeeded, so when the Animorphs get involved, he suddenly finds a way to? I don't think so. Cassie and Jake are the primary suspects, so do you think either A) Cassie did it so Jake would hunt down Fenestre and kill him, or B) Jake did it so HE could hunt down and kill Fenestre? If he was alive, where do you think he was at the end of the series? What was he doing?

I believe Jake killed him, but you can all present your theories. If it makes a reasonable amount of sense, I'll go with that theory, providing, of course, you have evidence to back it up.

Cheerio, chaps!

Now Debate! ;)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
Re: What happened to him?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 08:04:12 PM »
     I actually really like this topic.

If Cassie did it, then I lose all respect for her. It makes her a bigger hippocrite than any other instance in the series. And the fact that she continues to question and moralize the actions of her friends only makes her sound like more of a horrible person. For her sake, I really hope she didn't. I never hated Cassie. But if she burned down the house...Well, I won't be defending her anymore.

Jake probably burned down the mansion. But I don't think it was to kill Fenestre. I think he just wanted to scare the cannibal controller into hiding; so more [innocent?] controllers wouldn't get killed.

I like to think that Fenestre went into hiding and found another way to feed. I don't know how. But in Capnnerefir's series, neomorphs, Epslin 9466 Lesser makes a grand appearance.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 09:55:56 PM »

Yeah, I can totally agree with you there about Cassie. As much blood as she got on her hands (by trying to avoid doing that very same thing! ::)) I still don't think she'd burn his house down, at least not THAT early in the series. Things only got a LOT darker after that. Strike Cassie from doing that.

Jake makes the most logical sense. Yeah, I can see him doing that to send a clear message to the Controller/madman: We are watching you.

Ok, that explains that, but how about at the END of the war? Face it, a Yeerk who'd been eating other Yeerks would hardly be granted amnesty by the Earth governments to be given morphing power, and with the other Yeerks permanently morphed he's out of a food supply. New theories?

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »

Ok, that explains that, but how about at the END of the war? Face it, a Yeerk who'd been eating other Yeerks would hardly be granted amnesty by the Earth governments to be given morphing power, and with the other Yeerks permanently morphed he's out of a food supply. New theories?

how would earth governments know?  he'd be just another face in the line.

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 12:33:55 AM »

I'm sure the Yeerks being given morphing technology were carefully processed. Come on - the ENTIRE race being given morphing powers? A lot of them were criminals, i.e. the ones who embraced the "enslave all" mentality and truly viewed species as created specifically to service them. And before you say that the governments would just have wanted the war to end, it is ALSO true that they wouldn't have blindly followed the "suggestions" of a 16-year-old boy and his equally young teammates. But this is just my opinion. Wow, I am really feeling in an antagonistic mood tonight. No more replies today... :'(