Author Topic: What if Jake wrote a song.  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
What if Jake wrote a song.
« on: April 08, 2011, 05:26:16 PM »
Jake was depressed after the war, he had a ton of like experience, he was recently rejected by his lover, and someone he loved just died. AKA the perfect formula for a blues song. So what do you think he could have wrote. Also to write on this board you have to be OK with people adding on to your lyrics and if they do add on you have to be OK with them knocking off parts they don't like.

so let me try to start us out

Everything I knew,
was taken from me.
By an outsider,
who warned me of a threat.
That could consume us all.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Zero_Messiah

Re: What if Jake wrote a song.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 04:24:17 AM »
I'm pretty sure writing a song that has personal impact to you requires you to deal with whatever the song contains. If you want to sing about how your life sucks, you'd have to deal it first; you could only come up with these sort of things when you're past it, meaning; in hindsight.

And I don't think jake ever got over what happened, or what he did.

Offline poparena

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »
What if Jake made a souffle?
Winner, Best RAFproject 2011

THE OPINIONATED ANIMORPHS BOOK GUIDE

NateSean

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »
I'd probably be flat. You know, B flat for the song and the souffle would probably...oh never mind.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 01:28:24 PM »
uh what? And tons of people write songs while their still in a bad mood. It helps channel the energies. If you half write an angry song then get a new girl friend the other half might have to do with holding hands.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 12:07:20 AM »
What?
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline Zero_Messiah

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »
Gotta be honest, jake doesn't seem like the type who would sing. Ever.

Not to mention singing about his life? He spends most of his life after the war trying to forgive himself for what he did in it. In fact, he never fully resolves his issues with it (his life), and it is implied that the mission to save Ax, was his own way of playing war and making all the right decisions this time round. Decisions that wouldn't come to haunt him whenever he was alone. His 'second chance' at life.

Of course, if he'd ever made a song, it would be an instant hit, regardless of his ability to actually sing. People would just blindly ignore his off-key notes and then analyse and try to find out how his life must have been so troubled, how he's such a brave soul for coming out and saying and stuff like that.

Still, it would be fun to see Jake sing though, just to see him squirm. [/Marco]

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »
Who says he actually sang it. He could just write it and send it to Ryan Seacrez (american idol guy).

Offline Zero_Messiah

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 01:46:21 PM »
Whom will promptly discard it, proceeding to say it was some lousy fan written work that mocks the pain of a national hero. Jake's either the one who sings it, or not at all, because he's definitely not going to go write a song, then browse through tons of singers to find one that he wants, and then have to sit an audition tons of times to make sure he sings it right.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 10:33:43 PM »
what if he just rites it for personal enjoyment and showed it to nobody?  Still im asking for leerics I already started out. Anybody have new ones?

Offline Zero_Messiah

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 03:53:47 PM »
I don't think jake's ever done anything for 'personal enjoyment' after the war.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 05:24:58 PM »
so your saying for like three years he stared at the wall?

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 06:03:11 PM »
     Of course he didn't!

He stared at the wall while brooding.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »
So for three years he just watched the wall while the paint peeled off lost in his own thoughts missing any major holidays and proabably ignoring earthquakes.

Offline Zero_Messiah

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 07:47:58 AM »
Occasionally he remembers to take a shower because when he smells bad, he instantly is reminded of the thousands of times they've been into battle, and the smell of the yeerk pool the smell of sweat, of blood, and combat, and that eventually leads to who died, and ultimately comes back to how it's all his fault.

His day to day method of getting by would be to do things that don't force him to confront his actions in the war, actions he'd much rather forget. He'd rather remember the parts of the war where it wasn't bad at all (ie. the many uses of morphing) than recall how those morphs were the very same reason why he had to kill or be killed so many times.

Not to mention, Jake wouldn't care about earthquakes. He could just morph into an insact, wait out the quake, and demorph much later. While morphed, he'd be reminded of the times they all morphed insects, and than realize that Rachel isn't alive any more, and then he'd get all depressed again.